Mayan Resorts / Mayan Palace / Grand Mayan / Timeshare sales and service of contract owners

Owner of Mayan palace weeks since 1992. Since they have introduced the Grand Mayan into existence previous owners receive little to no service. I have tried to deposit my week into RCI since early Sept. I can get no login into my acct, even though they e-mail acct info. I can get no satisfaction by phone because they do not have proper contract numbers available. I can not get reservation dates available to me. I can not get proper info given to me in person when in Cancun. when in Cancun last week I was informed that a week I own in Puerto Vallarta will not exist because the resort is being raised to build a Grand Mayan which I will not have access to unless I purchase the upgrade for $109,000.00 or $41,000.00 and give them my Sheraton and Royal Sunset weeks. My 2 weeks I own are now becoming obsolete because of the Grand Mayan project. This project is in fact no nicer than other resorts and in some cases below quality. At the conception of timeshare it worked and was somewhat of a value. No longer is this the case. The maintance fees, exchange fees, RCI or other company fees, extra assessments, and complexity of using these services far outweighs the value. Do not fall victim to timeshare. I also own a week at the Royal Sunset in Cancun and Sheraton Broadway Plantation in Myrtle beach. These are no better, only different complaints. Nothing they tell you really aspires except you can vacation at the location you purchase if you do all they say when they say and pay what they want when they want. The exchange companies do not usually have what you want unless you book 1-2 yrs out and in many cases are substandard to what you exchange. Occasionally you may get lucky and receive better or comparable but be prepared for hard sell at that resort.

Comments

• Al
      16th of Jul, 2009

Cristina,
    what do you expect? A law firm takes some money from you and no, you don't get it back. It's a retainer, a fee for service. Maybe they can help you, maybe they can't but you don't hire an attorney for nothing. And there is never an instant promise they are going to get everything back for you. You bloggers against G & G are not very smart. You are actually convincing me more and more that THEY ARE legit because of the immature things that you say. Don't get me wrong. What the time share scammers are doing is illegal and immoral and they should be stopped, but I have not experienced any of what you say about G & G. They ARE knowledgeable and they are supposed to charge you some money up front, money that you will not get back. You know that gong in to the deal, or should. Ata lest the G & G fee is reasonabale unlike what the time share scammers are charging. YOU go use your timeshare.

15th of Mar, 2016

I also had a horrible experience with them. I've purchased my timeshare 3 years ago, and it's been impossible to get out. I was pressured to sign a contract, and i was also scammed, they never did what they promised. We must do whatever it's in our hands to put finish to those thieves!!!
    I was looking for some information about this resort and all their scam tactics, and i've found these articles that have a lot of info
    about them, take a look!!