Mayan Resorts / I am pissed!

I am 64 and went to Puerto Vallarta the week of September 24th as a guest of my cousin. We rrived late Sunday night (flight delays)so verything was closed when we got there. Monday morning our irst day going to breakfast we were ttacked by the Myan representatives. After one hour of no nonsense conversation I walked out I was starving. The rep. said we could have reakfast on him if we listened to thee presentation. After three hours I walked out. Friday morning I was hit again. I told the rep. I needed to talk with my daughter on this and was told this price would not be offered again and I needed to sign up today. Dumb me left a check for 4,170.00. I told them once I got home and spoke with my daughter could I call and cancel I was told NO and I WOULD NOT GET MY MONEY BACK. We made several calls when I returned but none was returned to myself or my daughter. Yet Mayan palace's accounting department called after 2 days to remind me of my balance due. After goin in circles for a week I found out I had five days to cancel.
I am pissed. SCAM . I am 64 on a fixed income and have been taken.

Va

Comments

2nd of Mar, 2008

You never waive your right to cancel. they want you to think you did.

• Go
      30th of Jun, 2009

Hi Diane and Cristine,
    We would really appreciate if you give us the opportunity to contact you and clarify your issues with our firm, as the personnel for Gonzalez & Gonzalez is highly trained and supervised; and we can assure you that none of our customers have been attacked in any way.
    Looking through the files and data base of our company we do not show any record under the name of ¨Diane Jersey¨ and/or ¨Cristine ----¨, who are the people complaining and defaming against the firm.
    After 15 years of experience we knew some day this will happen, being conscious of this we back up ourselves by recording every incoming and outgoing telephone call.
    In case of the existence of a recorded conversation with you under another name, we would like to expose it to the internet community to prove the opposite of the complaints made on June 30th against Gonzalez & Gonzalez to discard the fact that the post was exposed by our competitors or from the timeshare developers full of frustration by our advocacy and success on the resolution of the cases handled at Gonzalez & Gonzalez.
    Also, Gonzalez and Gonzalez has never charged such exaggerated retainer fees, we have a long list of satisfied customers who support our firm, with identifications to validate their existence and able to show their satisfaction by the success in the resolution of their cases.
    Gonzalez & Gonzalez counts with ample evidence, to show the Internet community and guarantee that there is no existence of this type of situation in our firm.
    Respectfully,