Mayan Resort, Puerta Vallerta / Lying about time shares!

1 Mexico Review updated:

We were enjoying a nice vacation in Puerta Vallerta w/my parents, when we were hounded endlessly by a man wanting us to sit through a 90 min. presentation at the Mayan Resort in Puerta Vallerta in exchange for $300 per couple, a bottle of tequila, breakfast, and taxi fare to and from Puerta Vallerta. It was our last day of vacation before returning to the states, but we decided 90 minutes of our attention would be worth all the gifts he promised. He asked our ages, (including my parents) and said he would pick us up personally the next morn. at 8:00. He also added, that he would pick up my parents separately, at 8:30 and that we were NOT to disclose that we were related once we reached the resort. (getting suspicious at this point). He did NOT show up until 8:20, and we all 4 rode to the resort together, anyway. Before leaving he added that he forgot to tell us my parents were not eligible because of their age, to receive any gifts. I was furious. He had already asked their ages the day before. Lie #1.

To make a long story short, the 90 min. presentation stretched into 5 hours of grueling, non stop babbling and pages of figures. At breakfast, we were asked to pay a tip (so much for FREE breakfast), and when we finally said STOP! We are not interested in a timeshare, the once friendly man and "lady" were extremely rude and arrogant, and made us feel very much like THEY were the victims for us taking up their valuable time because we are not financially able to buy into their rotten resort. I would not stay there, now, if it were absolutely free. How dare they waste our time with lies and promises and then try to humiliate us.

We did get the $300, but they informed us that they do not give tequila. (Lie #10) They gave us an extra $14 to buy our own tequila.
This money was only received after my husband stood up, and said STOP! No MORE! He said they could keep their money and the other gifts...just take us back to our resort NOW!! They became very irritated and told him to sit down and be quiet... other people (victims) were making decisions at tables around us. We told them we were leaving, at which point they made us sign papers stating we would NOT be back to them for timeshares within 10 years. BIG DEAL! H-E-L-L-L-O-O-O!!!

I hope this will prevent others from being victimized by this resort and others like them. We will absolutely never, ever even consider another presentation in any shape or form no matter what is promised us. My parents sat through the whole thing and received NOTHING! Shame on the Mayan Resort!!!

Comments

1st of Aug, 2008

Its there job to do this. You should of known full well in advance that if they are going to give you free things they are going to do whatever they can to get you to purchase something. I dealt with them for 3 hours once an got a great deal which came to about 300 a week when I want to stay there. What did you think was going to happen they were just going to give you a tour of the place an give you 300 dollars? Your ignorance is what is at fault.