Mayan Palace / LIES BY SALES PEOPLE

1 Mexico Review updated:

I WAS TOLD BY THE SALES PERSON, THAT THEY WOULD TAKE MY OLD TIMESHARE, BECAUSE I COULD'NT HAVE BOTH PLACES. THEY SAID THEY WOULD GIVE THEM AWAY. I WAS GIVEN A FORM FOR THE TRANSFER WHICH THEY SAID WOULD GO TO A COMPANY NAME HOLIDAY TRANSFER. WHO WILL TAKE CARE OF IT. AFTER 15 MONTHS I GET A CALL FROM HOLIDAY TRANSFER TELLING ME I STILL OWN THE OLD TIMESHARE BECAUSE THEY COULD NOT SELL IT. NOW THE MAINTANCE FEE HAS GONE UP TO 200.00 DOLLARS MORE FOR LATE FEE. WHICH THEY SAY I HAVE TO PAY. I TRIED TO CONTACT THE MAYAN PALACE AND THEY SAID NOTHING WAS IN WRITING ABOUT THEM TALKING MY OLD TIMESHARE. NOW I HAVE TWO TIMESHARES WHICH I CAN'T AFFORD. THE ONLY REASON I GOT THE TIMESHARE IN MEXICO WAS BECAUSE THE SALES PERSON SAID THEY WOULD TAKE MY OLD TIMESHARE. DO'NT TRUST THEM, ALL THEY DO IS TELL LIES. AND TAKE MONEY FROM HARD WORKING PEOPLE

Comments

• Ic
      14th of Oct, 2009

My dispute with the Mayan Palace has been satisfactorily resolved. I have no further issues with the resort.

20th of Nov, 2009

I'm glad that your issue was resolved. Mine is now resolved too, but what a hassle it was to get a final solution. They completely lied in the presentation, then when we tried to cancel, they were uncooperative, unresponsive and downright rude. I finally had to hire representation (see www.timesharescam.com) to help me out of this nightmare. They were able to cancel my contract, and now I can enjoy vacations where and when I want. I highly recommend them. Mayan Palace needs to be stopped!

• Us
      15th of May, 2013

I'm not gonna deny that the resorts are beutiful, but the practices they use to sell timeshares are the worst. Mayan Palace salespeople always offer a trade-In, letting the buyer believe that Mayan Palace is going to take their other timeshare and sell them for them and deducting the cost of their new timeshare with Mayan Palace, but at the end you end up owning two timeshares and payments due for Mayan Palace turning it into in a double scam. I suggest you to read this article about Mayan Palace timeshare scams:

• Br
      21st of Nov, 2013

It is the same old story with the Mayan Palace timeshare resorts (owner David Chavez) who does not care about what fraud he perpetrates on timeshare buyers. The same old adage applies, with regard to rental fees applicable, etc. It is fraud and there is right of rescission in Mexico no matter what program you buy, no matter what the horror show salespeople tell you. Heve not met one semi-honest one representing the mayan chain yet. Yes, we got scammed and bought, never again. These are the worst operators in the business. The name of the programs, Mayan Regency, The Dream, Mayan Palace, Grand Mayan, Bliss, Grupo Luxxe change with regard to what they wish to charge. The upshot is if you are down the line in their program name game list you lose benefits. The tiger does not change its stripes. Beware: