Maya Island AirlinesSTOLEN ITEMS FROM LUGGAGE

1 Review updated:

At that airport they acted very suspicious with us, sent us to the next building over to have a drink, and tried to get us to take a plane on a flight separate from our luggage. Once to our destination of Dangriga, I noticed that my smaller checked bag (looks like a carry-on) was completely rummaged through. I had $400 American dollars stolen as well as my brand new ipod. I am 99% positive it was someone at the Belize City Municipal
airport.

The Belize Airport has yet to respond accordingly to our complaint with anything other than a "sorry for your loss". Be aware that someone at this airport is rummaging through your luggage and stealing your valuables. Apparently, this airport doesn't truly care about is customers.

BE CAREFUL WHEN TRAVELING TO BELIZE!

Comments

• Ju
      Jul 14, 2009

Yes, same experience! I'm glad you took the time to write about it. I wish I would have...

• La
      May 02, 2013

While I didn't have stolen items, I would not recommend Maya Island Air. We had a 1:30 flight booked with Maya, March 7, 2013, to go directly to Placencia. They oversold the flight, lied to us that "our plane was late, " while 12 other people boarded the already late flight to Placencia. They made us wait another 1-1/2 hrs., before putting us on their smallest puddle jumper that then landed 2 other places before our final arrival in Placencia at 5:00, not 2:20 like we had booked. They took no responsibility & never compensated us for our troubles. I WOULD NEVER FLY WITH THIS AIRLINE AGAIN. Tropic Air is a far superior airline with awesome customer service.