MaxWigs.com & Genuine Supply, Inc. / Received wrong item. Company won't correct error.

1 2222 Francisco DriveEl Dorado Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 866-325-9879

On September 21, 2008 I submitted an online order at Maxwigs.com for two (2) Easihair hair pieces. The product i.d. number for the hair pieces I ordered is EH-679. The product name is “Indulge”. The package arrived on Monday, September 29th.

I was home when the package was delivered via USPS at approximately 1:30 PM. I opened it immediately and found two (2) Easihair hair pieces, neither of which fit the description of the items I ordered. The hair pieces that were sent to me are product i.d. number EH – 678. The product name is “Precious”.

I located the number for the company on the packing slip and called them immediately. I got a recorded message indicating that because of the Halloween season, they were extremely busy. The message stated they could not take my call, but if I left a message and a phone number my call would be returned as soon as possible. I also went on line and sent an email to the company. I indicated they had sent the wrong items, and that I am not interested in the hair pieces they sent (which, by the way, I already own). I asked that they contact me and give me instructions to return them (still new in their packages) at their expense, and either send the items I ordered, or credit the amount of the sale ($32.25) back to my credit card.

On Tuesday, September 30, I received the following email from MaxWigs. “Dear Ms. *******, Thank you for your recent email. We do apologize immensely for the incorrect shipment, we have resent you out the correct items and you will have a delivery date of tomorrow via UPS. Take care, Max Wigs Sales Team.” I responded back immediately to thank them and to ask again for instructions to return the unused, unordered items.

I contacted MaxWigs again the following day (October 1) to tell them that the order had not arrived. I sent an email and called them on the phone. Again, I got the recorded message and left another request that they call me back as soon as possible. They neither responded to my email or my phone call.

I called MaxWigs again on Thursday, October 2nd. I told them that I still had not received the items and again, requested that they call me. They did not.

I sent an email to MaxWigs on Friday, October 3rd at 1:30 AM, as soon as I arrived home from work. I again stated that I had not received the replacement order, asked them to call me about the problem, and also requested a tracking number. In addition, I asked for instructions to return the items that were shipped in error. I told them that I have no intention of absorbing the cost of their error, and that if I did not receive a response from them about this problem by the end of the business day, that I would have to presume they weren’t interested in correcting their error and would refer the matter elsewhere. Again, there was no response.

I just visited their website again this morning to double check product item numbers. It appears that they have removed the advertising for the item that I ordered and it is no longer available. However, I still have the copy of my original order and the packing slip that was enclosed. It is my guess that the items were not in stock when I placed the order, and that they decided to substitute the closest thing they had, rather than tell me they could not fulfill my order. The items were shipped from Genuine Supply, Inc., 7777 Greenback Lane, Ste. 200, Citrus Heights, CA 95610. The business license indicates that the agent for service of process (probably the owner) is Matthew S. Lindholm.

Their company policy does, in fact, indicate that there are no refunds or returns; however, this was their error, not mine. I was certain about my order, and had I received what I had ordered, I would not be posting this now. Their policy also states that if you dispute the sale with your credit card company, which I intend to do, they will bill your card for $75 to cover the cost of their research. I wasn’t concerned about their policies because, as I stated, I was ordering exactly what I wanted. The order was correct from my perspective. MaxWigs and Genuine Supply are in error.

I am only requesting that the correct items be shipped, or if they cannot fulfill the order as submitted, I want my card credited for the charges. I am also requesting that they tell me how to return (at their expense) the unopened items that they shipped in error. I am not at all interested in substituting the items they sent for the items that I ordered. I believe that this is a fair request, and I also believe that they are avoiding my attempts at further communication.

I called them again today. Again, I was greeted by the recording. I also sent 2 emails. The first was to express my concern over my suspicions that this was a bait-and-switch; the 2nd email was to tell them that they are in violation of the California Business and Professions Code, requiring internet merchants post their street address and owner information on their website. They have not responded.

I have since filed complaints with the BBB, Consumer Affairs, [redacted]s and my credit card company. Even if Maxwigs resolves my complaint satisfactorily, I will stay away from them and all of the websites they are operating under other names.

Comments

• Ml
      11th of Oct, 2008

Dear Miss Beverly Hennings,
    We are sincerely sorry for any mix up with your order. I can assure you we have no part in bait-and-switch tactics.
    As one of the largest online wig and hairpiece distributors we ship thousands of orders every week and it would NOT be beneficial for us to conduct our business that way.

Unfortunately, problems do occur with some orders, and we'll always do our best to resolve them to the best of our ability.
    However in some cases it requires a little bit of patience on the customers behalf while we sort out the details.

Attempts were made to contact you via your phone number but were met with no answer and a full voicemail box and you're posts were put on the internet before we had a chance to respond to your emails.

We researched and tracked your specific order and the items you ordered (2 x Easihair Indulge #EH-679).
    Jon Renau is the manufacturer of this product, we contacted them about this order and were told this particular style is being discontinued and as such we have removed it from our website.
    If you would like to verify this with them, their phone number is: 800-462-9447.

We have no explaination as to how you were shipped Precious (#EH-678) in place of Indulge since Pumpkin Spice is a very rare color in this piece and any errors should have been caught before shipping.
    The best answer I can give you is although rare, mistakes do happen and posting false accusations/speculations or threaten a lawsuit over being shipped the wrong item by accident is suspect at best of your intentions.

Feel free to keep the pieces that were shipped to you. We cannot accept them back anyways.

After all, we are talking about a $12 piece of synthetic hair aren't we?

Best Regards,
    Matthew Lindholm
    CEO Genuine Supply, Inc

• Ny
      28th of Nov, 2010

After reading such a condescending, arrogant, demeaning response I've decided not to order the wig I wanted from this distributor. I'd rather spend more money and go to the competition . The error lies entirely with the company, and if she is being slighted for $12.00 how much more should the CEO be slighted for not reimbursing her. As he said its only 12.oo dollars, but obviously he knows every dollar counts; and he surely lost my dollar. I will make it my business to inform my friends and family to not waste their hard earned nickels and dimes on uppity Mr. Lindholm and his company. I simply wanted to know about the companies services before I made an order; I found out so much more...

• Ml
      15th of Feb, 2011

Please note Max Wigs has undergone an ownership change. The above listed posting was for the previous ownership of the website. Max Wigs new ownership features the same great price and selection but, wih an enhanced customer support department available monday through Friday 8-5 psd at 888-661-8884.

• Lu
      1st of Feb, 2012

www.maxwigs.com sucks!!! They sent me the wrong item, different brand, wrong color, obviously another persons order, and I had the same problem- no reply to emails, no one answers the phone, its BALONEY!! As well if they DARE charge me $75 to my card its unathorized, AND if you call VISA/MA its ILLEGAL and I will just dispute THAT charge as well! They are totally arrogant in the reply! How outrageous! And I highly doubt in two months its been changed and has a new owner- nice try! Total bait and switch!