Maxway Store / They need to get new employees or close the store down!

1 2044 Campbellton Rd SwAtlanta, GA, United States Review updated:

I am a frequent shopper in this store and I HATE going into this store because of the appearance of the store and the attitudes and the conversations of the employees, also even with two cashiers you have to wait 10 minutes in line the for line to even move. Either get new employees or close the store down!!!

Va

Comments

• Vi
      8th of Jul, 2008

Yep, I worked for maxway, and i agree the managment at these staores and how they all run SUCKS.they have a policy that sucks too.They are the lowest paying crapbags in the coun try

• Me
      23rd of Jul, 2008

I recently shopped at the Maxway in West End mall in Atlanta, Ga and the manager is the worst manager I've ever encountered. His ability to effectively make a smart decision seems as if it was not an option. I tried to buy two shirts for my nephew that was on a rack that says 3 for $10. I get to the register and for one, some of the other items I was picking up didn’t have a price code on the item at all. The cashier screams across the counter "how much this is?" to another employee, who then called the manager. He comes over and gives a code for the other item. The cashier proceeds to check out my items and when she got to the shirts, one of the shirts had a $3 for $10 tag and the other did not. The cashier then does the exact same thing as before. This time he rudely claims that this shirt is not apart of the 3 for $10. I said well, it was on the rack and there was more than one of this exact shirt on the rack that was apparently stocked there. He insists that this is not so, so I had to walk him back there to show him. He then says, oh well this sign says 3 for $10 and up? ok but everything on the rack was 3 for $10. Nothing else was misplaced on the rack and other shirts did not have different prices. I know because I looked at every single shirt on that rack. He then says that this is a name brand shirt and is $7. After showing him the shirts were stocked there, he shows me another shirt that looks nothing like the shirt I wanted to buy and is on a totally different rack says "see this shirt is a name brand and is $7." Again what does this have to do with my shirt. So instead of giving me the shirt for the price it was stocked on, he'd rather sale it to me for a higher price for another shirt on another rack. How foolish! If none of the shirts I wanted on the rack had a price and is clearly stocked there, why would he not honor the price that was 3 for $10. On top of that he was very rude. Someone needs to tighten up their management, or that store will eventually be closed down.

• Ni
      5th of Nov, 2008

My name is Nichaka Towns I visited one of your locations at 850 Oak St. Atlanta, GA 30310-1956 inside the West End Mall. I am a frequent shopper at this location each time I attend this store I have pick up hanger on the floor move boxes out of my way to look at an item. I do feel that there is a safety hazard in this store. I also have purchase some clothing from the kids clearance rack and the price tags on the clothes are wrong or they don’t have any price tags on them and once I got to the registrar the cashier had to call for a manager he came to the front of the store with a drinking straw in his mouth. Then he ask what’s the problem and I explain to him that the items I got from the clearance rack did not have prices on them and some of the items were ringing up with a price that was not correct. The kid’s jacket had a red clearance tag for $ 7.00 but when I got to the registrar it showed a price for $ 1.00. So the manager said that’s not the right price and he can not sell it for $1.00.so we argued about the price .The cashier and other employees that came to the front to do a price check agreed with me about honoring the price that it rung up for. I also ask him about some of the shirts that did not have any price tags on them and one of the employees gave me one price and he gave me another price with out looking up the item, so I felt like they were giving me numbers that were not correct. at this time he was so upset he grab the shirts and the jackets and took them and hung them upon the side of another registrar .So now I am upset because he did not ask me if I was going to purchase the items he just took them away, I ask him what was his name because I was going to call the cooperate office and he gave me the initial J.W and I said that’s not your name and I started asking the cashier then he said his name was Mr. watts and he walked off. I went back to get the items that he put back and ask the cashier could she ring the items up from similar clothing to the ones I had so she did that and she apologize about the problem. I went back to the store two weeks later and I had to encounter the same problem with Mr. Watts about the prices on the clearance rack so that let me know that he did nothing to correct that problem from that last time. I really would appreciate if this issues can be resolved as soon as possible .This guy should not be a manager with the attitude he have. If you have further questions about this issue please don’t hesitate to call me a 404-936-3191or my e-mail address in nichakahunt@yahoo.com.I do not know if this is the correct department for complaints, if not please direct this letter to the correct department. Thank you in advance for you cooperation.

Sincerely,
    Nichaka Towns

• Eb
      30th of Nov, 2008

i work there now the one in durham nc and it okay really but the customers are crazy they care about nothing there nasty i do everything around there the employee's are nice as hell and the managers are awesome expect for the lady i can't stand her short ### but the one i work in is very clean mainly b/c of me im tellinmg the truth but i think im going to get fired cause of the assistant manager is a ### she get's away with everything i can't take it nomore i feel like a slabe around there and i think they are missing with my hours and not paying me the right amount of money i suppose to get on my pay check but other than that max way in durham north carolina is great luther is really nice and eric they make a great team

• Eb
      30th of Nov, 2008

sorry for my grammar im in a hurry lol!!

19th of Dec, 2008

I recently shopped at the MAXway store on memorial Drive (the one next to 24hour kroger)Decatur and had the rudest and worst customer service of my life.! I was overcharged on several items, which the manager claimed was place wrongly on the shelf. I took physically to shelf to see for himself and it was confirmed not to be my fault.At long last he walked away from me, scarstically saying "no refunds" you can only apply the difference to another merchandize cashier can not give you a refund all sale are final.I am wondering where in USA one is overcharged and his money kept. Uptill the moment of this writing he is still keeping my money.I would hope that he never manages any store or business -he is not cut for this job.!

26th of Mar, 2009

I AGREE GET NEW FACES AND ATTITUDES . THIS BUISSNESS WOULD REALLY GROW .YOU SHOULD NOT WAIT FOR SOMEONE TO GET TO THE CASH OUT COUNTER, THEY SHOULD BE THERE WAITING WITH A SMILE, HELP YOU WITH WHATEVER YOU NEED THEM FOR, TIMES SURE HAS CHANGED FOR THE PORFESSIONAL PART OF THE JOB FORCE.STONGER MANAGEMENT NEEDS TO BE IN THESE JOBS, NOT PEOPLE THAT CAN GET RUN ALL OVER, DONT BE SCARED TO YOUR JOB AS A LEADER THATS WHAT YOU WERE HIRED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE, IF YOU ARE SCARED TO TELL PEOPLE THEY NOT DOING THEIR JOB LIKE THEY ARE SUPPOSE TO DO THEN LET SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT NEED A JOB THAT WILL. THATS THE FIRST STEP.THANKS.

26th of Mar, 2009

THESE STORES THAT IM TALKING ABOUT ARE IN DURHAM N.C.

9th of May, 2009

the customer sucks soooooooooooooooo much but hey if you pay ### wages you get ### help .buy hey if they pay more products goes up pick your poison people in the hood always get treated like ### by arabs asians people. because no matter how you complain they know you are comming back if they had maxway in white areas they wouldn't take that ### at all uneducated blacks run thes businesses like they run there house hold run a muck and this is comming from a brotha I'm just keep it real. think powernomics empower yourself and stop taking this bull ### from everybody not from blacks white or brown no matter what. this undervaluing us has to STOP!!!

• De
      18th of Jul, 2009

I was in the maxway store at 1919 Glynn ave. in Brunswick, Ga. looking for a air conditioner filter. I spotted the manager in the store and followed him to the office. The door was open but i knocked on the door anyway. After no response, i ask him how was he doing. His response was busy, with out looking up. I ask him did they sell air conditioner filters and his response was no, he still did not look up.

After looking on the internet and reading about other complaints i see this is not just the local store but a natoin wide problem. Times are to hard, people will not beg you to take their money. I will tell anybody that will listen NOT TO GO TO A MAYWAY STORE. Welcome to the poor house.

• Ro
      3rd of Aug, 2009

I visited Maxway stores in Greenwood, MS and Clarksdale, MS. The employees are rude and arrogant. The managers are the most inconsiderate. I enjoy shopping there because I have small children and the store has reasonable prices.

• Te
      28th of Nov, 2009

i have shopped in maxway and it is awful. the only way to remedy the bad service is to stop shopping there! there is a new store in the west end area with very good customer service good prices and not a fire hazard. j.r. wright i believe is the name. it is in the kroger shopping center on cascade. don't beg for good service take your money where it is appreciated!

• Ka
      8th of Mar, 2010

When a FISH begins to smell, it starts from the TOP! If the manager of the store has a rude attitude, why would the employees be any different? It's all in how you treat your staff. The employees are just taking their dis-satisfaction with their job out on us, the consumer. If I were in Maxway Corporate, the first thing to do would be to train their own managers, so they in turn, train their employees. It's a shame they had to shut down the Memorial Dr. store but those employees, from TOP to BOTTOM were the poorest attitude staff members

• Ms
      26th of Aug, 2010

Everyone needs to visit the store off Jimmy Carter in Norcross!!! This store is always a pleasure to shop in. I go there on a regular because I love their prices on womens shirts and clothes. The store is always clean and the staff is always bright and cheery and very helpful! I have never encountered an item without the correct price tag and if and when I have to do a return it is done with no problems whatsoever! I will continue to shop at this location. I have been to the Old National Hwy and West End locations and this one by far is the best one I have gone to. Thank goodness I dont live too far from it. If you want great stuff at great prices, come to Maxway in Norcross. you wont be dissapointed!

Ms. Ruby~

• Re
      13th of Dec, 2011

Because of the recent economy I took a job with Maxway out of desperation. I never even shopped in the store. I have worked retail in the past and was flabbergasted when I started work with this company. The store is gross. Dusty products, nasty bathrooms, faulty shelving, maggots in the employees break room. The first day I was there I started cleaning the register I was working on, simply to feel happier in my environment. I was told that was not important and to stock shelves while being the only one running register. As for price checks and refunds, unlike most stores Maxway forces MOD to be at the register for that process. They also cut hours to the point that employees are in the store alone. They start you off at lowest wage possible, not a huge problem, however one employee has been with this company over 4 years and still makes under 8 dollars an hour. Not to mention I worked 13 hours one day without even a 15 minute break. So before you start hating on the cashiers realize this all could be better if the Man who owned this company cared more for his employees. If employees are happy so will be the customer...

• Cl
      18th of Jan, 2013

I'm so tired of manager in maxway at McDonough GA off racetrack rd bring there kids to work Ever night. I was there today and they only had one cashier at night and that not safe to have one cashier and her manager never CEO out to help her with people even when store is pack. Sandra is a good cashier and she do her job but one of manager talk to her like a dog in front of customer and something need be done about that. This I'd ever night at 4pm to closed

• Pe
      19th of Mar, 2013

I live in Bainbridge Ga, and I frequently shop at the Maxway store located here, being a regular customer I have had some really bad experiences with two of the employees that work there and they both are managers. For the most the management team needs to learn some peoples skills and how to interact with their customers and not look at their customer's as victim of circumstances, but treat each customer with respect and greet them as entering the store, they will also receive respect in return. Both management staff have real bad attitudes and they should be providing the leadership that is needed to make the whole team strong. Furthermore, I hate when they lay your money, forms to be filled out and pen on the check-out counter instead putting it in your hands, to me this is disrespectful and it can be assumed that they do not want to touch your hands, but want your business. Overall, if peoples skills are practiced and the bad attitudes disappear and more courteous is displayed it will become a pleasant place to shop and the staff need to remember one important concept and that is "without the customer they want have a job!!

Regular Customer, Bainbridge GA

• Br
      22nd of May, 2015

I would like to start saying shopping at Maxwell is going into a puzzle, different pieces are everywhere. I've never had a problem connecting the pieces, in this particular store everything just doesn't fit. I believe that this store has lazy workers, also I believe the manager do not have that affection too make it better. Above that I believe that the company but the store location in bad area. As you drive into the parking lot, what is coming up to you, padding hands . Sometimes it's very hard and uncomfortably getting out of the car. I believe this store needs new management.

• Ke
      23rd of Jun, 2015

Maxway is a part of Variety Wholesalers along with Rose's and a few other names. It is what I would call an extremely top heavy company. Very little investment is actually put into their locations as all of it goes to the top of the organization.. That is why you have ugly looking stores with broken restrooms, building signing that is either half attached or not lit up, little to no recovery or zoning, little to no investment in wages, cheap basic products, etc. Variety Wholesalers will go into an area where the income level for a family is $25, 000 per year or less. Put out cheap basic goods and they make a lot of money with this. Very little actually goes back into the stores or as an investment in attracting better qualified employees. If you really do stop shopping there, they will close down.

• Fa
      28th of Jul, 2015

Was trying to find the email addresses for management of Maxway located at 48th and Main in Jacksonville, Florida to complain about the super colorist/racist cashier, Marie Roberts, whose pride is to wake up, come to the work to "Put ###s in their Place" mentaility as we are harressed paying her salary. Although she is a cashier, she has appointed herself as Security Guard by following Black people around the store, she is the only cashier that demands when you enter, "You got to leave your bag, " her policy, not the store, nowhere is it posted, and her constant conversation about how much people steal while you are checking out as if customers want to hear this crap! Numerous customers complain about her but the straw that broke the camera's back, while checking out having recently been in a car accident and can't lift heavy items, I saw a cart without the long pole and asked, "Can I take this cart out..." and before I could complete saying..."I promise I will return it.." Marie interrupts, "Well, make sure you bring it back because people steal and on and on and on..." While returning it, the customer who was behind me laughed and asked, "What did she think, you were going to put the cart in your car?" I said, "Yes, I am going to check her on that." But Marie and I have had numerous rounds in that store but on that day I was banned by the manager and told never to come back again and my only regret is I didn't stop shopping at this racist/colorist establishment (another time I confronted another cashier how she disrespectfully spoke to an older woman). I accidently discovered this site as I did this statement on Wikipedia about the parent company of Maxway, Roses and other stores, Variety Wholesalers, "Two of Variety Wholesalers 386 stores were targeted by thirty protesters during the 2013 holiday season who claimed that his support of conservative candidates causes hurt the stores customers." Enough said, it start from the top, Marie is in line and I'm in line too, avoiding all these stores to stop buying racism.