Maximum acai / fraud

1 2021 marbury driveDistrict Heights, MD, United States Review updated:

First off, the product they sent smells and taste like plain curry powder. I ordered the "free trial" of the supposed acai cleanse in august. They charged my account for two months a fee of $88.97/month that i damn sure did not authorize. I spoke with a Representative twice back to back which was the same person but acted as if he had never spoke to me. He explained that the $88.97/ month is for more bottles. I said well I was unaware of this scam and that I want it cancelled. Also that they are FRAUDS and I never even received a shipment from them in sept. or as of yet in oct. if I did sign up for this bull. He said that he would resend septembers bottles, and that October's bottles are on there way. Well NO I dont want anything from them but my damn money back. $88.97 x 2. I am in the process of filing a Fraud claim against this organization to the United States Department of Justice.

Ry

Comments

• Mi
      16th of Oct, 2008

Did you get anywhere with.. I filed a fraud charge with my bank but for some reason my bank is returning the money back to them. Where else did you file this charge so I can take my fraud further thank just my bank.
    Michelle

• Ir
      17th of Oct, 2008

I ordered the "free trial" of this company's acai cleanse in August. The following month they charged $88.97 to my Visa account. I did not authorize them to ship additional product to me, nor did I ever receive it.

I called them and they insisted that I authorized them to ship their product to me. I called my bank and they credited my account. I check my Visa balance every day, and yesterday I noticed that they re-billed me.
    This acai company is FRAUDULENT, and I refuse to pay them for something I never ordered nor received.

I am now working with my bank to dispute this charge.

• Ir
    Glendale
    California
    Phone: 1-877-277-9887
    maximumacai.com

I ordered a "free" trial product from this company. They then billed my Visa account $88.97 for additional product which I never ordered, nor received. I called them and they insisted that I authorized them to send this product to me. That is a lie, and as far as I'm concerned, they are conducting business fraudulently. If you try to log onto their web site, you will find a page full of jibberish.

• Me
      18th of Oct, 2008
    Maximum acai - fradulent charges
    maximum acai
    Phone: 4104561001

I had the same experience as someone else stated. My credit card was charged for a product that I have not ordered or received. Dealing with the company has been an exercise in frustration! Do not patronize this company!

• Li
      9th of Aug, 2009

WOW!! Thanks for the information. I was just about to be the very next victim. Thank you Google...
    Lisa, Stone Mountain, GA

• Yc
      28th of Aug, 2009

do u have their number i had the same problem

• So
      24th of Oct, 2009

i just canceled my checking card so i won't get charged by this FRAUDULENT scheme... whomever is getting all these people to try the free trial is getting very rich off it. not only is it a scam to begin with but in their terms and conditions it says THEY WILL CHARGE YOU THE 80 SOME DOLLARS AFTER 17 days in which you signed up with them AND EVERY MONTH AFTER THAT IF YOU DON'T CANCEL YOUR ORDER BEFORE THE *17* DAYS... what a bunch of BS! -somnium norwalk, ca

• Co
      9th of Dec, 2009

Um maybe you people should read the fine print before ordering things. It states in the terms and conditions that they will charge you after the trial period for the bottle that they sent you and that unless you call or email them before your trial period is up then they will charge your account and automatically send you new bottles every month for the regular price. I was going to order the product for the trial period however I read the terms and conditions and didn't want to have to do work to cancel it if I didn't like it. It's not fraud it's people not reading into it and just jumping on something without getting the facts! It's not BS and they can do it and not be charged with fraud cause they tell you what they are going to do. If you don't read it...IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT!!!

• Ki
      5th of Feb, 2010

I read the terms and conditions and when they charged me after trial period the amount charged was twice what was stated in the terms. When I contacted them they stated we are a UK company and the amount is pounds but in the terms it states AUD$69 so how can you argue with cheats. Bit hard to fight from accross the Atlantic. So they are correct it is a SCAM.

• Gr
      6th of Mar, 2010

well, i was about to give a shot to the trial period too, but i read the fine print and didn't put my credit details, so no order for me thank you very much,

always read the fine print, what sound too good to be true it will be a catch. remember that.

cheers
    Gabe QLD< Australia

• To
      8th of Feb, 2011

I also asked for a free sample but did it by phone. I asked repeatedly if the shipping and handling ($2.95) was all I would be charged. The operator told me repeatedly that that would be the only charge I would have. Then, without receiving anything further, I was billed $97.57 on my next credit card bill. I returned the "free sample" unopened and have a receipt that the product was received, I am now negotiating with my credit card company for a full refund. Don't go anywhere near this company. It is a scam.