MaxClarity / Over Charging/Liars

1 CA, United States Review updated:

DO NOT BUY MAXCLARITY!!!
I bought the Max Clarity to get rid of acne, obviously, 8 months ago.
The offer seemed good about getting 1 month of supply free, free shipping and a free foaming wash. Ok so I ordered for 19.99.
It got to me weeks later. Only a month supply. an the foam came in. Of course I had to write to costumer service about it. I wrote to them about 3 times and never got a real reply besides the automated message saying someone would get to me ASAP. NEVER did I get a a reply nor the freaking month-supply free. Than about two months later I got another order and I though, this must be the free supply. So I didn't bother to look at the card bill to see. 2 months after that I get another order, and I thought it was a mistake but I just sold it on Ebay. Last month the same thing Happened so this time I check the card billing and I see their charging me for something I did not approve of. I'm guessing the other 3 times were charged as well. I've sent another email today and I know I pro'lly will not get a response So I will have to call the damn costumer service. (I don't wanna call because I know I will curse everybody who works/related to the maxclarity sh-t, I mean "Team")
and Finally it DOES NOT WORK AT ALL!!!
Buy something at your drug store or something is better than this crap.
So don't waste your money on this lying company that sends you crappy stuff and charging you for it even though you don't buy it.

Comments

• Mz
      18th of Jan, 2011

MaxClarity is a total scam, I ordered the product back in October for my son as being a teenage boy I figured this was cheeper than what our doctor had prescribed him. My card was charged and I waited and never received the product I called the customer service number and told them I had been charged but never received the product and that I wanted them to cancel the account. Well in November mind you still not receiving anything from the company they charged my account an additional charge when I called them back to see what was going on, they said it was for the new shipment, I said what new shipment I still have yet to receive the first shipment not to mention my account was sapose to be closed a month ago.

I called my credit card company and they suggested to try and settle with the company, but then saw an additional charge to my account in December by then I had enough so called my credit card company back, they filed the complaint and reimbersed my account the money that was charged and put a block on this company so that they could no longer charge me anything any more.

My advice is to NEVER ORDER THIS PRODUCT... It is a total scam and they charge for stuff that you never receive.

• Na
      21st of Jan, 2011

i had a horrible experience with Max Clarity. They are a scam!! waiting to take your money. DO NOT order from them. I first order the product and a month later was billed for auto shipment which i was 100% unaware of. To make matters worse i was billed a 3rd time, according to them they split the auto shipment into two payments of $26.00. I highly recommend anyone to buy proactive and not max clarity. when i received the autoshipment i didnt even get the actual max clarity medicine instead they sent me "free Pills" :( Overall bad experience will never buy product from them again.

• Pe
      31st of Jan, 2011

I am not Happy with MAX CLARITY, total scam, they charge you in installments, cancelled them 2 months ago and still billing my acct. Their product is not all THAT! I have a 17 yr old daughter that I have tried the Proactive, and anything available across the counter, and the things that have worked the best are the over the counter things, I have spent mega bucks over the last 3 yrs on face products, and the best that has worked for her is the L'oreal 360 face wash, and the blemish cream with the sulfer from Proactive, which is available at the malls, so you don't have to get into autoship. But Maxclarity will ship after you cancel and take from your acct even after!!

12th of Feb, 2011

please don't buy maxclarity acne products...SCAM!!! they lied about the 60 day money back guarantee policy. you can't return it even if you did not use it and you won't get your money back either.

• Ai
      2nd of Mar, 2011

Personally, I have nothing but good things to say. I usually agree with things like this, but I got good service and this is the first product that actually did clear up my acne. I even have my friends commenting on my disappearing acne and asking me what I used to get rid of it. And, honestly, I tried Neutrogena Skin ID, Proactive, Murad, and Clean and Clear with little to no results. Not to mention, those places also charge you every month for their products as it is an automated payment system. So, that is not a valid complaint about Max Clarity because all the acne treatments that you order do that. Second, I did get charged once when I didn't want the product since I had enough to last for another month or so. So the customer service lady told me to "refuse" the package from UPS (which means I didn't have to pay return shipping) and then, they refunded my money about a month later and sent me a free face wash as a gift for being polite and patient. I got the free face wash and no charge was billed to me, so I see they were just being nice. I am sorry you guys had bad experiences, but I have nothing but good things to say about Max Clarity. Its the ONLY thing that has ever worked on my acne. BTW-You can, at any time, remove yourself from their automated payment/shipment system by calling or change how often you get it. And to shyyboyy619-If you honestly thought you got that many shipments for free and didn't think to check your bank account, you are the idiot, not Max Clarity. Don't pin your blonde moment on them.

• Us
      2nd of Mar, 2011

EVERY COMPLAINT I'VE READ ON HERE SO FAR IS THE ABSOLUTLY TRUE TRUE TRUE...
    I WILL NEVER EVER EVER PAY, ORDER OR RECOMMEND MAX CLARITY TO ANYONE!!!

• Us

I WANT MY MONEY BACK

• Mr
      4th of Apr, 2011

I ordered online received the first shipment used it twice and the pump broke. I called customer service she said i will send you a new one. I finally received the new one 4 weeks later. They billed my Credit card for the first one and then billed it again for the second one twice. Apparently the second shipment is $56.00 (full price) the 19.99 is only their introductory offer. When the second one arrived the pump was broken right out of the box. I called and asked could i return both broken bottles for a refund and was TOLD NO!!! All we can do is send you a new one and cancel the account. Well that would mean i have paid for two supplies of Max Clarity but only received one how is that fair??!!! Confused just reading this yeah so was i...DONT ORDER From this company they are thieves and i plan on filing a complaint with my credit card company and the BBB. The customer service people are also rude and obviously trained to not give REFUNDS. Money Back Guarantee is a lie.

• Ni
      30th of Sep, 2012

I want to file a lawsuit (sue) this business, it has caused me a lot of heartache and stress. I paid $60+ for bottles that don't work and they're too happy to charge your credit card and store it for future charges. It's illegal to collect and store people's credit card and it's theft, stealing people's money. They're out of business now yet they're still making charges to my credit card. email me nicyn(at)yahoo(.)com to work together and stop their attempt to scam any further.

• Ju
      1st of Oct, 2012

Scam. I called to cancel in July of 2012. The rep told me the company was out of business and that no further transactions would be made. It is the first of October and a charge was made today on my account. (I have not received the product in four months) I am blond and have many of "moments", but this is definitely not one of them. SCAM.