Max White Teeth / Unauthorized charges!

I noticed a couple of days ago I was charged $78.93 and $2.37 FOUR TIMES EACH from this company I have never heard of. I did a free trial of a teeth whitening kit from a different company. So I don't know how this happened. I've tried lookin them up online and there's nothing. Does this company exist or what??? How do I settle this??

Comments

12th of May, 2009

mustanglover i agreed 100 % with you, they did the same thing with me, they said that it was a "FREE" trial but the truth is that you are actually singing a damn contract with this company. it sucks big time. anyways you can call this number and cancel your " MEMBERSHIP" with this thiefs.1866-964-1011 or they will keep emptying your pocket. thank

• Mu
      12th of May, 2009

Thanks so much that makes me feel a little better!

• Do
      13th of May, 2009

I called the number as stated above (1-866-964-1011) and they stated they are NOT part of "MAX WHITE"?
    The 2 firms I placed my orders with cancelled my subscriptions without any 'major' problem; they try to talk you into keeping the first shipment at a reduced cost. However, with the way they are not forthcoming with the monthly charges in their promotions, I DO NOT trust them in the least!
    Notify your Credit Card company and make sure they document your complaint about these charges!

Dom

• Ss
      13th of May, 2009

I had the same issue, however the number I called to cancel was 866-922-5522. They tried many discounts to get me to continue but I simply said no thank you and finally they agreed to cancel all future orders. Thanks for posting this as I had not yet recieved any but the free trial and was able to stop the process before it got started!

• Pe
      13th of May, 2009

Well I fell victim to this scam! The free trial actually isnt free you are charged for shipping $4.99 on your credit card statement then a month later they charge your credit card an additional $78.93 and tell you thats for the trial!

• Aa
      14th of May, 2009

I also got scam. Is there anything I can do to stop them from doing it to other people?

• Ka
      14th of May, 2009

I too had this happen RIP OFF!!!

• Ff
      15th of May, 2009

Don't buy out to the story of that mom from your town who had yellow teeth and then found 2 teeth whitening products that were practically free besides the s and h charges. This advertisement is a scam. The catch is that your free trial lasts for 14 days from when you ordered the products, after that you are charged like $80-something dollars plus $4.99 shipping from both products. I was a victim to some $250 in unauthorized charges to my bank account from two companies that put out various teeth whitening products with different names like max teeth, bright teeth, easy white etc.. With the Bight teeth company I was charged twice for one product, once for the trial period and once for the trial product (?). I was charged for the trial product about a week after I had canceled the contract. This business's # is 1866-922-5522. If you also ordered a product named Easy White, their # is 1866-660-5724. I will continue to keep a close eye on my bank statements for anybody taking my hard earned cash with fraudulent charges.

• Tj
      15th of May, 2009

On May 13, I realized the same thing happened to me. I agreed to pay the shipping charges, but when I realized that one of the "free trials" would cost me after the trial period, I cancelled my membership, got a confirmation number and mailed the kit back to the company. Then, I discovered a charge of...you guessed it...$78.93 on my bank account! I feel so stupid! I cancelled my debit card and ordered a new one, and I went to the bank to file a dispute against the charge in hopes to get my money back.

• Da
      17th of May, 2009

this all sounds to true to me as for this morning im in the same shoes you all are in, they got me too i payed for the sample and befor the trail date i was charged the full amount they said theyed stop the order but no refund go figure! so now ive payed the s/h for sample plus $78.93 also for a smple. all this money for a trail hu???

• Bi
      18th of May, 2009

This happened to me also. I was overdrawn becasue of this charge of $78. 93. Does anybody know anything about what we need to do?

• Co
      19th of May, 2009

You can resolve complaints by immediately contacting your bank to cancel the card the number these thieves are debiting so that they cannot continue to make unautorized charges against your account. You should also file a dispute with your bank on all unauthorized charges. Many banks will refund your money.
    Next, contact the companies directly to cancel the "membership" they think you have. As of 5/19/09 these are the phone numbers I contacted, so I know they are current:
    Ivory Brites White 1-888-279-0604
    Max White Teeth 1-866-922-5522
    Axis Wellness Sports (AKA "Colon Cleanse" ) is in cahoots with Ivory Brites White and will also debit your account if you make a purchase from Ivory Brites. 1-866-955-1626 is their number, but it also connects you to Ivory Brites White.

• Gl
      19th of May, 2009

Does any one know the number . I have tried looking for it and can't fine them. I called the bank and cancelled my card. That is the only way you will stop the charges from coming out of your account. I called the bank and they said it will take 7 to 10 days to get the money back. Did you get the product?

• Cb
      19th of May, 2009

This company needs to be shut down! I experienced the same "scam" because I did not see the membership info in the FINE PRINT. Calling them did no good. My bank was already familiar with the company when I called to dispute the charge, and they can't do anything. I intend to call the BBB.

• Co
      19th of May, 2009

I had the same issue. When I called the number(866-922-5522), you are to press 1, 2, or 3. I finally pressed 3 after many tries arguing with others. Spoke with a gentleman, explained the situation, said I would dispute this with my bank. He verified my info and said he would refund the 78.93!!! Fingers crossed, 'ADAM' said the money would be in my account within 3-5 business days.

• La
      19th of May, 2009

I just had the same problem. I called the number on the bill, 866-964-1011, and spoke to a man who gave me the "fine print blah blah blah" speech. I told him I hadn't even opened the product yet, and asked if I could return it. He then told me that since I had opened the BOX, I could not return it. Then I came online, read all of these complaints and called the other number, 866-922-5522. I spoke to a woman and she said she would cancel my account and refund my account $60. I'm still very wary, but she did give me a cancellation number. I really can't believe this! I can't find anything in my e-mail with any sort of confirmation, but is there anything about this charge anywhere in the terms and condition?

• Kb
      20th of May, 2009

I feel like an idiot for falling for this scam. I ordered sample kits from Max White and Ivory Brites. So I have been charged $88.97 & 78.93 twice. I was also charged $9.99 from Axis Wellness Portal. Axis Wellness Portal agreed to remove the fees for $9.99, but no luck with Max White or Ivory Brites. I called Chase Bank to disput the charges, and they wouldn't allow me to dispute the charges since I had talked to the companies and tried to resolve the issue. According to Chase Bank, it was my own fault for not reading the fine print. I thought they would at least try to help me. It doesn't seem like something like this could be legal. I am just sick. I don't have this kind of money to waste, and would be upset even if I did. I am so angry!

• Me
      20th of May, 2009

The same situation happened to me. I became overdrawrn $78.93 all because the sales rep said that i did not read the fine print. Yeah okay this company is phony and likes to rip off people, all for a product for my opionon doesn't work:) Anyway needless to say i am going to despute this charge with my bank, with hopes that i will get my money back.

• Te
      21st of May, 2009

This happened to me also. After along and heated conversation withtow men named Allen and Ron who by the way sounded much like two men from India I got nowhere .I ended up cancelling my card so that no more charged can be added. I feel like such a fool with the economy the way it is and Im supporting three of my grandchildren these charges hurt a great deal. Can't believe this can go on and that I fell for it...Terry in NC

21st of May, 2009

This people are a really screw-up. People just make sure to read the terms and conditions before suing your credit cards for this scams. This is how these companies make the money and become rich out our pockets. I recognize that it is my fault for not reading before and you know what it is not the first time it happened to me. Tourism companies do the same. DVD and Music CD companies do the same. Let’s just be careful next time. We have to be smarter than them and take care of our money.
    I want to thank the guy in this forum who provided the phone numbers for this company that helped me to get part of my money back. After a 10 minute conversation they refunded $70. At least I got almost all the money back. Well this is a lesson for next time.
    If you go to the WHITENINGNOW.COM Web site look for terms and conditions you'll be able to see how it works and there is the customer service phone number for cancellation.
    Have a nice day God Bless you all.