Max White / trail for $4.99 then chg. $78.93

1 Sellersburg, IN, United States Review updated:

Ordered teeth whitening because of letter written by a member of local community, the one where she trys two different products. This person was from Jeffersonville Indiana. I said well what is there to lose except shipping. When I researched I found shipping was $4.99 and I decided that it was not worth that to me so I X'd out. But the advertizment came back up and they said I could have for $1.99 shipping. They didn't want me to miss out. So what the heck for a buck 99 I should try. So received product, which was two small syringes with approx. 1-2 cc. The shipping showed up on my checking debit card as $4.99 well I was ticked but for three dollars what was I to do. Well I forgot it, it's not worth the hazzle. Well two weeks later "Max white Teeth" billed me $78.93 (which I didn't see until later) and two weeks after that I was billed another $83 dollars +. I immediately called the company and they said I agreed to pay the subscription unless I cancelled within two weeks. I informed them that I had cancelled immediately after I received the whitener. They said they had no record and that I couldn't receive a refund. Well my bank had me dispute and I hope to get my funds back, but I won't know until paper work goes through from my bank. I WAS SCAMMED AND I WANT TO PREVENT ANYONE FROM GOING THROUGH WHAT I WENT THROUGH!!! This company change there name after my trail $1.99 offer and now I've been charged over $150.00 . from a company Max White Teeth. The orginal company was Teeth Whitening Now.

Comments

• Lm
      19th of May, 2009
    Max White - unauthorized charges
    Max white

WHAT A SCAM!!! I like everyone else with a complaint about this company read the full web site for this product found NOWHERE stating that you had to cancel within 14 days of recieving this product in order not to further be charged. I was charged not only the S&H but also $78.93 for the "FREE" product. I contacted the company and was pretty much told I was outta luck...tried to speek with a supervisor, which NEVER happend. I called my bank and tried to get my moneys returned to no avail. The only relief I have is that I canceled my card so they can not debit me again!!! WHAT A RIP OFF!!! STAY AWAY

• Co
      20th of May, 2009

CROOKS WITH AMERICAN LOOPHOLES AND FOREIGN CUSTOMER SERVICE ... This is exactly why this country is in the shape its in. GREED, DECEITFULNESS, CORPORATE CHEATS. I called after finding a $78.93 charge on my card also, talked to someone in India. After much haggling, he agreed to provided satisfaction guaranteed service and would refund the maximum of $60 of my debit. My membership/subscription whatever is cancelled. There should be a law against this outright, deceptive advertising and shananigans!

The INTERNET will destroy what's left of this pitiful country's businesses. There are way too many sharks in this infested country of Greed!

• Lu
      20th of May, 2009
    Max White - unaothorized charges
    max white
    Kissimmee
    Florida
    Phone: 407-812-7921

Oder the max white theeth on may 8, 2009, for the 14 days trial and they charge me on my credit card the $4.99. my 14 days trial will end on may 22, 2009. today i see my bank acct. and they charge the full amount, of $78.93, i call them to cancel and credit the money but they refused. i told them i'm still on my trial and they respond sorry mam i can cancel the membership but i can't credit the money.
    Please somebody needs to do something about this. i think this is a scam from them and they will continue to do this to more inocent people.

• Bo
      21st of May, 2009

I orderd the trial offer from Max White on May 2nd. They offer a trial period before they charge for an auto shipment. I received the product on May 6th. I contacted them on May 18th and asked to cancel my account due to sensitivity to the ingredients. They charged my card on the 20th for an auto shipment anyway. This is a scam - they are not consumer friendly. I am working with my bank to reverse the charges. I plan to contact them again today, we'll see what line of BS they feed me today.

• Li
      21st of May, 2009

Do not ever get the "free trial" from max white. They are a sneaky company and will bill you $78.97 if you don't cancel within 14 days. It is disgusting that companies operate like this, scamming you into something, when you think you're getting to try something for free. I didn't even know I had to cancel because I didn't know I was ordering anything. When you call the company to cancel, they just give you a runaraound and tell you that it was all on the website. They are very sneaky. I will never participate in a free trial again. I guess the lesson I learned is to read EVERYTHING and trust no one. And that is sad that we have to do that.

• Ed
      21st of May, 2009

These people are crooks, I was taken the same way except I cancelled immediately. You probably need to go through your bank to dispute. I just think of all the people that don't watch there checking acct that closely or one member of the family thinks another member charged.

22nd of May, 2009

the same thing has happened to me. My account was fraudently charged and when i contacted them, they wanted to argue that i had not cancelled. i contacted my bank and hopefully i can get a refund. i went thru the hassel of canceling the debit card so no more charges can be applied. VERY FRUSTRATING

• Bo
      26th of May, 2009

I have received a charge of $78 that was not authorized. I will be calling them this morning.

• By
      26th of May, 2009
    Max White - rip off
    Max White
    Arkansas

The usual. Ordered the whitener on a "free" promo and did not see the 14 day clause. Now we have the 78.93 cent charge and they won't refund it. The guys who handle the complaints are clearly in India so the odds on us being able to get our money back is small. We will file charges of misleading advertising and possible mail fraud if we can. We also will contact our state attorney general's consumer protection division but have little hope they will be able to help due to these damn foreign criminals.

• Iv
      28th of May, 2009
    Max White - Unathourized charges.
    Maine

THIS IS A REALLY BIG SCAM NEVER GOT MY FREE TRIAL FOR THE $5.95 THEY HAVE SAID THAT MY ADDRESS WAS WRONG THEN TWO WEEKS LATER i GET AN UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE OF 78.93 INTO MY ACCOUNT i CALLED THEM AND TOLD THEM WHAT HAS HAPPENED AND THEY ONLY WANTED TO CREDIT ME BACK $70 DOLLARS AND STILL CHARGE ME FOR THE PRODUCT I NEVER RECEIVE.. THERE NUMBER IS 1-866 964-1011. ALSO 1-866-922-5522 i HAVE SPOKEN WITH CHESTER LEE AND GOT MY MONEY BACK $78.93 BUT NOT MY $5.95 FOR THE TRIAL THAT I NEVER GOT.

• Be
      29th of May, 2009

Just like others here, I got scammed. This company is extremely unethical!!

30th of May, 2009

Max White chared my bank account for $78.00 without authorization and no receipt of any product

30th of May, 2009

Hostility No white teeth Only a wiped out bank account Beware of fraudulent transaction