Max Novelty / paint by number unethical behaviour

1 Columbus, OH, United States Review updated:

I placed an order on September 16th and still have not received my merchandise. It is now November 16th.
I sent an email to James Alderman and he gave me a packing slip number to track my shipment. The tracking number he gave me was bogus.
I get this message:
LW[protected]CN
Not Found
China(China EMS)
Unknown
Item is not found at this moment, If necessary, please verify with the package sender and check back later.
I've been scammed

Jo
Nov 16, 2017

Comments

• Gl
      21st of Nov, 2017

Beware this company is a rip-off! I placed an order with them 35 days ago and never received it. They send you a tracking number that is useless, says not found.since placing my order I have researched and found the same thing is happening to others that have ordered from them.

21st of Nov, 2017

I had the same experience with this company. Order placed last Sept 22 and it’s been over the 35 days maximum delivery schedule, alas, no delivery up to now. I have continuously followed up with James Alderman (jamesmalderman@gmail.com) and David Stanley (davidshoutt@gmail.com) who are both the contact persons on the website and in the email sent after purchase. Same standard automatic reply. I was also given the tracking number in the same China shipping site but supposed items for shipping can’t be found. Max Novelty is a big time online scam!

21st of Nov, 2017

Yah, looks like I’ve been had too. Apparently this ‘company’ just had a nice little spree in the month of September and October. I ordered mine October 10 and have gone through the exact same routine as the others here.Same experience. Has anyone reported them to PayPal yet? I usually trust PayPal companies. Anyone successful in getting their money back?

1st of Dec, 2017

@SarahsDomain Same here. I have been waiting since Sept 2017. I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!

23rd of Nov, 2017

Yeah I haven't been able to get my items either. I ordered mine on September 24th, and emailed them telling them I hadn't gotten my items on October 24th. THEN they shipped it. If I hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have shipped it.
    I still haven't gotten my package and it's been stuck in China since October 26th. I just filed a complaint on PayPal hopefully this "xiao xu" person answers me back.

1st of Dec, 2017

@Maya1111 I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!

7th of Jan, 2018

@Ann Tann Thats awesome to hear! I actually got my money back the other day too! Hopefully more people will file claims so the account can be closed down for good.

25th of Nov, 2017

Same thing happened to me. I have been posting daily to their facebook page and now they have blocked me from posting. I think we all have been screwed. I don't even know if I believe that the positive posts are real. I'll check with PayPal. By the way I placed my order on September 26.

1st of Dec, 2017

@debraann3112 They blocked me from Facebook too! I received the same emails as everyone else. I finally filed a claim (after 3 months) with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!

29th of Nov, 2017

Ordered 2 mounted prints and received both approximately 31 days later. However, both items products had water damage and one was actually molding. I've sent 2 emails to James Alderman and one to Xiao Xu and cc'd James. So far no response after 2 days. At first I willing to take just a replacement, but now that I've still had no response and just discovered this complaints board I want a complete refund of $66. I tried to report a problem via PayPal and was only given an option to report fraudulent activity. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.

• Be
      5th of Dec, 2017

I've had a similar problem. Placed an order on October 18th, and as of December 5th I have not received it. I emailed James Alderman after almost a month had passed and got a tracking number back. It shows my order "In transit" as of November 3rd, but no updates since then. I tried emailing again and never got a response. I'll be disputing this charge with my credit card company.

5th of Dec, 2017

Wow, wish I had looked at this before placing my order! Seems to be a common thread between all of us.

• Ro
      6th of Dec, 2017

NOOOOOO ... i wish i read your comments before i placed my order. I have the same problem as all of you that it is been more than 35 days and i did not receive the shipment. Please advise what to do. ;(;(;(;(

• Ki
      6th of Dec, 2017

@Roa3011 Me too - 2 months after placing my order it still hasn't arrived. Same problem with the bogus tracking number, and James Alderman is not replying to my emails. I am now going to my credit card company to refund my money, and they will chase him for it.

• Be
      7th of Dec, 2017

@Roa3011 You can contact your credit card company or PayPal to get your money back. I also reported their Facebook page to Facebook and filed a scam report with the BBB. :)

• El
      11th of Dec, 2017

I've the same problem as all of you. I placed my order 80 day ago! I could have gone around the world and pick it up in china myself if I knew Im going to wait this long.

11th of Dec, 2017

I have ordered and had no problems. Sorry you all had trouble.

11th of Dec, 2017

@Mary Sorbara I'm happy that there is someone that didn't get screwed over. Are you happy with your order? I've heard from others that have received their order that it was all wrinkled and they wanted to send theirs back. I hope your order was good for you. I just wonder why so many people haven't gotten theirs?

• Em
      27th of Dec, 2017

I'm their next victim. This is horrible and it makes me so angry!

• Sk
      27th of Dec, 2017

Add me to the slow boat from China. James Alderman answered my first email with the "tracking" info that shows the item is somewhere in China. Then, nothing. I have filed complaints with PayPal and my credit card company. He/They/Whoever sure seem like a scam operation.

• Li
      29th of Dec, 2017

I ordered two paintings on Nov 24 and today Dec 29, I have not received them. I have emailed the contact on a daily basis and get the same response with a stupid tracking number that is, as some have said, useless. I just want my stuff or a refund, how does one do this?

• Ji
      5th of Jan, 2018

@Lilyssong I contacted my bank today to file a DISPUTE..I hope I am NOT charged for this...its sad that you have to check the reputation of a business BEFORE ordering...I am sooooo mad at myself but hopefully will see my money refunded...

• Ji
      5th of Jan, 2018

I too placed an order 12/16/2017...payment cashed 12/18/2017 but no merchandise as of today 1/5/2018...emailed seller who has ..so far given me the run around..:(...will persue until I get satisfaction...

8th of Jan, 2018

I placed an order and paid through PayPal. They didn't send me ANY of the items that I ordered and they told me that I did NOT need to return the WRONG items that they sent. This seller took my money, sent me the totally wrong thing (3 out of 7 and totally wrong), told me NOT to return it, said they would send my order and then never sent my order. I asked for a refund and now PayPal wants me to return something I didn't know I needed to keep. Why would I keep something I didn't want or order and was told not to return? and now if I don't return it PayPal wont refund ANY of my money. Are you kidding me?
    I have never had an issue before and have always been a solid customer. How is it that I am the one being penalized for this transaction?
    Do I have to file a dispute with my bank with PayPal?

• Me
      10th of Jan, 2018

After waiting approximately 6-8 weeks I finally got mine. It was all tightly rolled in bubble wrap and had wrinkles throughout. I finally got most of them out by using steam iron. I was excited to get started only to realize most of the paint pots were dried up! I tried to contact their customer support email only to find it doesn't open. They have no number to call. What a scam. I'm hoping I can at least get a refun from Pay Pal. This so called company needs to be closed down.

10th of Jan, 2018

Hi to all, they are a scam.. dont buy from them, i have ordered on noember 24 and still havent receivec anything yet, I USE TO RECEIVE THIS AS A RESPONSE FROM THEM ; Hi, you can track your order above^^

it will arrive very soon.

Don't worry about it. All set! :)

Thanks for your business and understanding.
    Now they dont even bother replying . A real bunch of thieves. Hope they go to hell

• Re
      10th of Jan, 2018

They've reincarnated as wine and numbers paint by number

• Ri
      12th of Jan, 2018

I received a partial order on october 31st. I emailed them and they responded that they would sent me the missing piece. I am still waiting. I emailed them and they gave me a trackingnumber that shows that is has been deliverd to me on 31st october. I tried emailing again explaining that I only received a partial order. I havent had a reply yet