Max Novelty

Posted: Nov 16, 2017 by

paint by number unethical behaviour

Columbus, Ohio
I placed an order on September 16th and still have not received my merchandise. It is now November 16th.
I sent an email to James Alderman and he gave me a packing slip number to track my shipment. The tracking number he gave me was bogus.
I get this message:
LW907840707CN
Not Found
China(China EMS)
Unknown
Item is not found at this moment, If necessary, please verify with the package sender and check back later.
I've been scammed
Complaint comments Comments (17)    Updated: Complaint country United States Complaint category Online Scams

Comments

A  21st of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Beware this company is a rip-off! I placed an order with them 35 days ago and never received it. They send you a tracking number that is useless, says not found.since placing my order I have researched and found the same thing is happening to others that have ordered from them.
A  21st of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
I had the same experience with this company. Order placed last Sept 22 and it’s been over the 35 days maximum delivery schedule, alas, no delivery up to now. I have continuously followed up with James Alderman (jamesmalderman@gmail.com) and David Stanley (davidshoutt@gmail.com) who are both the contact persons on the website and in the email sent after purchase. Same standard automatic reply. I was also given the tracking number in the same China shipping site but supposed items for shipping can’t be found. Max Novelty is a big time online scam!
A  21st of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Yah, looks like I’ve been had too. Apparently this ‘company’ just had a nice little spree in the month of September and October. I ordered mine October 10 and have gone through the exact same routine as the others here.Same experience. Has anyone reported them to PayPal yet? I usually trust PayPal companies. Anyone successful in getting their money back?
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@SarahsDomain Same here. I have been waiting since Sept 2017. I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!
A  23rd of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Yeah I haven't been able to get my items either. I ordered mine on September 24th, and emailed them telling them I hadn't gotten my items on October 24th. THEN they shipped it. If I hadn't said anything, they wouldn't have shipped it.
I still haven't gotten my package and it's been stuck in China since October 26th. I just filed a complaint on PayPal hopefully this "xiao xu" person answers me back.
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Maya1111 I filed a claim with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!
A  25th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Same thing happened to me. I have been posting daily to their facebook page and now they have blocked me from posting. I think we all have been screwed. I don't even know if I believe that the positive posts are real. I'll check with PayPal. By the way I placed my order on September 26.
N  1st of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@debraann3112 They blocked me from Facebook too! I received the same emails as everyone else. I finally filed a claim (after 3 months) with PayPal and they ruled in my favor, so I got my money back!
N  29th of Nov, 2017 by    0 Votes
Ordered 2 mounted prints and received both approximately 31 days later. However, both items products had water damage and one was actually molding. I've sent 2 emails to James Alderman and one to Xiao Xu and cc'd James. So far no response after 2 days. At first I willing to take just a replacement, but now that I've still had no response and just discovered this complaints board I want a complete refund of $66. I tried to report a problem via PayPal and was only given an option to report fraudulent activity. I'm not really sure what to do at this point.
A  5th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I've had a similar problem. Placed an order on October 18th, and as of December 5th I have not received it. I emailed James Alderman after almost a month had passed and got a tracking number back. It shows my order "In transit" as of November 3rd, but no updates since then. I tried emailing again and never got a response. I'll be disputing this charge with my credit card company.
A  5th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
Wow, wish I had looked at this before placing my order! Seems to be a common thread between all of us.
A  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
NOOOOOO ... i wish i read your comments before i placed my order. I have the same problem as all of you that it is been more than 35 days and i did not receive the shipment. Please advise what to do. ;(;(;(;(
N  6th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Roa3011 Me too - 2 months after placing my order it still hasn't arrived. Same problem with the bogus tracking number, and James Alderman is not replying to my emails. I am now going to my credit card company to refund my money, and they will chase him for it.
N  7th of Dec, 2017 by    +1 Votes
@Roa3011 You can contact your credit card company or PayPal to get your money back. I also reported their Facebook page to Facebook and filed a scam report with the BBB. :)
A  11th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I've the same problem as all of you. I placed my order 80 day ago! I could have gone around the world and pick it up in china myself if I knew Im going to wait this long.
D  11th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
I have ordered and had no problems. Sorry you all had trouble.
N  11th of Dec, 2017 by    0 Votes
@Mary Sorbara I'm happy that there is someone that didn't get screwed over. Are you happy with your order? I've heard from others that have received their order that it was all wrinkled and they wanted to send theirs back. I hope your order was good for you. I just wonder why so many people haven't gotten theirs?

Your attitude towards Complaint Agree Neutral Disagree