MAX HOSPITALS / Money minded greedy hospital

1 India Review updated:

Friends

Thank you all for your concerns.
Sorry for takin time to let you all know what is with Kevis case.
The parents are also informed about you all and they send their greetings and wishes to you all who makes their burden lighter. The inhuman people around like those in Max "super speciality" hospital who are just the antithesis of what it claims "caring for you… caring for life"; the slogan they use that betrays many there are also people like you all who cares. We don't know who Kevi Angami is but humanity comes calling in the yet another form and this time in the face of kevi and for those of us who cannot tolerate atrocities and injustice kevi is seen in the faces of many; faces whose voices are silenced, faces who have been betrayed by systems they cannot fight against(corporates in this case!) May we never fail when such faces appears.

kevi is out of Max hospital but not without great humiliation. Some friends who happened to know the owner intervened. They did not charge the remaining amount other than the money that was paid(1,35000) . The fact that these friends are lawyers helped immensely and my assumption is that one strong point that speaks of the grave injustice meted to kevi which is legally and ethically wrong was the fact that max hospital stopped her medication for 2 weeks yet did not let her go. They were not treating her but just adding on to her pain and the medical bills. A hello in Max and the likes cost 500 and euphemistically they call it 'consultation fee'. Consultation when the patient nor the parents were informed about what all is happening. I am not able to put what all they went through. It just drives ones mad just listening to their story. The soft spoken and tired father narrates what the admin head said 'if you are poor why did you come to such a place'. The father said he was so hurt and it only goes on to say nothing can put some sense into such people but I am happy that the father said ' some people love money, some people love life'….. May the woman and the band of criminals learn that life is not just about money and making money.

The endless hours of paperwork went on till sunday morning. We were told that AIIMs would not admit the case so the option was to go to some private hospital after making some rounds mahinder in green park said they will admit her. kevi was taken around 3am there but after they saw her condition they refused to take her in. This is despite the fact that they were told about the case beforehand.

At that wee hour options were running out..but but even if the door is closed the window is wide open..wider than the door.

We woke a doctor friend who works in safdarjung hospital. kevi was admitted in the same hospital Sunday morning at around 5.00. She had a colostomy the following evening. It is not a beautiful sight and she is in pain but

Medically it is a 'hopeless' case but she has not given up hope. Every ounce left in her is defying and fighting against medical proclamation.

While she was kept waiting in the hospi she called her fren to tell her that she is now in safdarjung and that she hands over 'the money' to her mother the next day because they have no money. She added how the doctors are still contemplating her case because they are 'afraid' to operate on her "they are scared that I will not survive" and she laughs!

She is the 25 year old Kevi Angami who is too strong for wimps in max hospital to handle.

PS:YOu can write to her as well and I can take a print out and pass it on to her. May she be comforted knowing that all of you are with her

Si

Comments

• Ka
      28th of Aug, 2008

Hi,

Would like to inform you that had met with an accident on 21st Aug’2008 at Gurgaon so had taken emergency treatment from Max Gurgaon where as per the junior Doctor on duty my collarbone was fractured and they had given me the necessary support at that time and also advised to consult them after a week time.
    After a week today I visited Max Pitampura for further treatment and consulted Dr. Rajesh Garg there.

The Doctor on duty asked me what had happened and I told him that had met with an accident. then he asked me where had consulted earlier and told him that had seen a doctor at Max, Gurgaon.on seeing my X-rays he advised me to either get surgery done or continue to use support for more than a month. But he insisted on surgery only when I asked for his advice. I told him that would prefer the support rather than getting the surgery done. On hearing this he asked me to come after a month and simply left the room when I asked him to tighten my support he bluntly answered that I can do that on my own also.

This kind of behavior and treatment is never expected from such a big chain of hospitals.

Would never recommend Max. Hospitals to my relatives and friends.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

• Fa
      11th of Oct, 2010

in max hospital vry poor service in which all nurse are lazy £ don, t care the patients.and caridology departmant doctor not check the patient after surgery .in which hod of caridology mr mohan nair can't see the the patient.and not handle the emergency case.