Max Health Colon Products / Colon Cleanse / Unauthorzied charge of $89. 95 for colon cleanse

1 Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States Review updated:

Ordered this product from their web site, as a free 15 day trial supply. Said all you had to do was pay for shipping & handling, which i had no problem with. I did look over their clauses, but did not see any stating i was going to be charged $89. 95! This is a scam and now they have my credit card#, which really has me worried. I reported it to my bank on 04 / 11 / 2009, as soon as i saw the charge, but they said it was already pending, so i have to wait until it clears to try and do anything through them. I will be reporting this to the better business authority in my area and also contacting the local news stations to warn others of these scam artist. Also, i'm hoping to hear from someone?, that can get my $89. 95 put back into my checking account. If i get no satisfaction by 04 / 24 / 2009, i will be looking into legal options. Hopefully, it won't have to come to this? Sincerely, susanne

Comments

• Di
      13th of Apr, 2009

I ran into the same exact situation! This process is a scam...they don't even give you their address or phone number on the bottle and the financial institution that I used stated that there was nothing that I could do about the transaction because it was authorized in the "Terms and Conditions"!

• Sy
      17th of Apr, 2009

I too ran into this situation just today. Unfortunately, I charged my product using my debit card and there is nothing I can do. I did not read their terms or I would not have ordered. This is an expensive way to learn a lesson. SS in Atlanta, GA

• Fu
      19th of Apr, 2009

I am also fighting with this company to get the charges refunded to my account - I never even received the "free" trial and was charged both the 43.95 shipping fee and then 2 weeks later $87.13 for the sample. I have contacted the company 5 times and each time am told that my complaint would be escalated to the refund dept and they would contact me via e-mail. To date none of this has happened. I filed a complaint with the S. fL BBB AND the attorney generals' office- they have an open investigation regading this company - I urge anyone who has been scammed them to contact the AG office and report your experience. This company needs to be shut down!!!

• To
      21st of Apr, 2009

Stupid rip off -- For those having issues check this out

• Da
      21st of Apr, 2009

I too have experienced this and hope it gets resolved. This will happen NEVER AGAIN! Thanks for the heads up. I wish I would have done more research on this prior. Good luck on a speedy resolution!

• Ri
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I too have experienced this situation and am concerned that they might use my credit card for other things. I offered to return the products sent to me for $89.95 at my cost and asked for a refund, however, they refused to send me instructions on where to send. I contacted my credit card company and alerted them to this and they told me to keep a record of my returning the product and the e-mails that went back and forth. What a terrible company...no good will toward the customers. I will never do this again! Just a big rip off!

• Mo
      22nd of Apr, 2009

I also was scammed by this company i did not see anything stating i would have to pay $87.13 which was charged to my bank account. I talked to an operator which told me i had to call and cancel within 15 days of ordering the product, the problem with this also was i did not recieve the product until 2 weeks after i had ordered it. They would not give me an address to return product or refund my money either.

• Hd

I too have been billed the 89.00
    I am cancelling my bank card and getting another
    Since I cannot find a phone number or address on this company it s the only way i guess.
    Any one out there actually got their money back???
    Really pissed off here.

• Pi
      24th of Apr, 2009

I didn't realize they were going by the the day they sent and a week and a half in the two weeks they charged me. It cost me the 89.95 plus $33 for over draft. What a rip off. the I called they Customer they support they said they would settle for $41 dollars. $49 times thousands of consumers equals a boiler room that needs to be shut down

• Pi
      24th of Apr, 2009

I ended up with this charge I had no idea of. I don't think I completely completed the form on line or thried to cancel. then I had an overdrfat. the Customer Support person said they would settle for $41 at thousands of people equals a boiler room and these days money is hard to come by. they need to be shut down.

• Di
      28th of Apr, 2009

Go to maxcolon.com and it tells you how to return the product. I am talking about the two new bottles you receive for the $89.95. You will only be out the shipping cost.

• Sy
      28th of Apr, 2009

I was able to call them and they refunded me $41.00. I ordered Acai Berry at the same time I ordered Maxcolon and after several calls they are refunding $87.00. Just try to be persistent.

• Sc
      29th of Apr, 2009

I was scamed too. You go thier web site and it says link broken. I was lucky and put it on my credit card instead of my bank card. My credit card is refunding me the charges and filing a compliant on them. I emailed them 3 days after my pills arrived and told them I wanted a refund and do not charge my credit card in the future. They did it anyway and had the nerve to tell me to cancel any dispute I have made about them and they would refund my money. Are you kidding me! SCAM all over it. Don't order anything on the internet with you bank card.
    Scam

29th of Apr, 2009

This happened to me recently also. The only thing I ever got was spam emails from two other companies, so tried emailing them to cancel the products the day after I ordered. You would not believe all the emails that have been going back and forth. The unwritten law is that a company usually give 30 days to return and cancel, but these people know how to play the game. Susanne, please use the URL from this site and your comments and send it to the BBB handling your case. When they see how many people are complaining about this, they might be able to shut them down. My $89.95 was put on a Virutal Account Number thru my credit card, so they can't use it anymore, but I know I'm kissing my $89.95 good bye. They tell you that all the information was on the page you ordered from, but I know it wasn't. I think they have one website telling everything, but the popups that usually catch us don't have the info. We can all report this company to the FBI's Internet Crime Website at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

• Aj
      29th of Apr, 2009

the BBB would do nothing to help shut things down, all they are is an ineffective facilitator who forwards your complaints to the company.. dont know why they have this reputation for resolving issues, as if a company is a scammer, they will just ignore anything the BBB does.

the FTC is where you need to file a complaint.

30th of Apr, 2009

Please be aware, we DO NOT make unauthorized charges to anyone's acocunt. Our terms and conditions clearly state the nature of your subscription. You MUST, in fact, agree to these terms and conditions before we can even process your application. Unfortunately, for those who decide to resolve this matter through their bank instead of handling the situation with us, we are UNABLE to process any refunds (per our agreements with Visa and Mastercard). We do hope this has cleared up any confusion regarding your account.

30th of Apr, 2009

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER MIA CULPA FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEY ARE SCAMMING OTHERS, SO MANY THAT THEY WON'T PAY THE PEOPLE THE REFUNDS. I WOULD SUGGEST ALL PEOPLE WHO LOST MONEY REPORT THEM TO THE FBI'S INTERNET FRAUD WEBSITE AT WWW.IC3.GOV. BECAUSE THEY ARE ABLE TO PAY PEOPLE, THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO!!!

9th of May, 2009

I was also charged for the "FREE" bottle twice plus shipping and handling, I have reported this case to the FBI and it will soon be resolved in a legal and hard way, someone has to stop these ROBBERS, My bank who represents my cradit card is also taking action.-

• Li
      12th of May, 2009

An absolute scam, indeed. When the product is received there is no contact info for Max Health, after a Google search, I found this website and obtained the phone number. When you call to cancel, the customer service rep answers the phone by saying, "You billing zip, please." Tells ya a whole lot right there, doesn't it? They do not provide a name when answering the call and she refused to give me her name or a confirmation number for cancellation. She simply stated an electronically generated one would be sent by email and if I didn't receive it, call back. Yeah, great, spend another 15 minutes on hold to get something they have no intentions of sending.

It's probably best I just cancel my debit card and get a new one before the next $89.95 is deducted!

13th of May, 2009

Even though I've proved to them several times that they received the package back thru USPS by refusing it and using the original tracking number, they are still refusing to refund me because I did not have an RMA #. I asked for one, but still did not get one till almost a week later. By that time the product had already come in and I had already refused it. My credit card company is handing this thru their dispute dept. and have sent me the claim info with needed documents to prove my claim. Thank God I got a refused receipt from the PO that has the date and tracking number on it. But even though I've sent the company that info about 3-4 times, they just came back today asking for the original tracking #. Heck they were the ones who gave it to me when they finally gave me the RMA #, but now they are saying they can't refund my money without the RMA # on it. If enough people put the claims in to the BBB, FBI and their Credit Card companies, something will have to be done about these scammers.