Max Health Colon Products / Colon Cleanse / Unauthorzied charge of $89. 95 for colon cleanse

1 Rancho Cucamonga, CA, United States Review updated:

Ordered this product from their web site, as a free 15 day trial supply. Said all you had to do was pay for shipping & handling, which i had no problem with. I did look over their clauses, but did not see any stating i was going to be charged $89. 95! This is a scam and now they have my credit card#, which really has me worried. I reported it to my bank on 04 / 11 / 2009, as soon as i saw the charge, but they said it was already pending, so i have to wait until it clears to try and do anything through them. I will be reporting this to the better business authority in my area and also contacting the local news stations to warn others of these scam artist. Also, i'm hoping to hear from someone?, that can get my $89. 95 put back into my checking account. If i get no satisfaction by 04 / 24 / 2009, i will be looking into legal options. Hopefully, it won't have to come to this? Sincerely, susanne

Comments

• Di
      Apr 13, 2009

I ran into the same exact situation! This process is a scam...they don't even give you their address or phone number on the bottle and the financial institution that I used stated that there was nothing that I could do about the transaction because it was authorized in the "Terms and Conditions"!

• Sy
      Apr 17, 2009

I too ran into this situation just today. Unfortunately, I charged my product using my debit card and there is nothing I can do. I did not read their terms or I would not have ordered. This is an expensive way to learn a lesson. SS in Atlanta, GA

• Fu
      Apr 19, 2009

I am also fighting with this company to get the charges refunded to my account - I never even received the "free" trial and was charged both the 43.95 shipping fee and then 2 weeks later $87.13 for the sample. I have contacted the company 5 times and each time am told that my complaint would be escalated to the refund dept and they would contact me via e-mail. To date none of this has happened. I filed a complaint with the S. fL BBB AND the attorney generals' office- they have an open investigation regading this company - I urge anyone who has been scammed them to contact the AG office and report your experience. This company needs to be shut down!!!

• To
      Apr 21, 2009

Stupid rip off -- For those having issues check this out

• Da
      Apr 21, 2009

I too have experienced this and hope it gets resolved. This will happen NEVER AGAIN! Thanks for the heads up. I wish I would have done more research on this prior. Good luck on a speedy resolution!

• Ri
      Apr 22, 2009

I too have experienced this situation and am concerned that they might use my credit card for other things. I offered to return the products sent to me for $89.95 at my cost and asked for a refund, however, they refused to send me instructions on where to send. I contacted my credit card company and alerted them to this and they told me to keep a record of my returning the product and the e-mails that went back and forth. What a terrible company...no good will toward the customers. I will never do this again! Just a big rip off!

• Mo
      Apr 22, 2009

I also was scammed by this company i did not see anything stating i would have to pay $87.13 which was charged to my bank account. I talked to an operator which told me i had to call and cancel within 15 days of ordering the product, the problem with this also was i did not recieve the product until 2 weeks after i had ordered it. They would not give me an address to return product or refund my money either.

• Hd

I too have been billed the 89.00
    I am cancelling my bank card and getting another
    Since I cannot find a phone number or address on this company it s the only way i guess.
    Any one out there actually got their money back???
    Really pissed off here.

• Pi
      Apr 24, 2009

I didn't realize they were going by the the day they sent and a week and a half in the two weeks they charged me. It cost me the 89.95 plus $33 for over draft. What a rip off. the I called they Customer they support they said they would settle for $41 dollars. $49 times thousands of consumers equals a boiler room that needs to be shut down

• Pi
      Apr 24, 2009

I ended up with this charge I had no idea of. I don't think I completely completed the form on line or thried to cancel. then I had an overdrfat. the Customer Support person said they would settle for $41 at thousands of people equals a boiler room and these days money is hard to come by. they need to be shut down.

• Di
      Apr 28, 2009

Go to maxcolon.com and it tells you how to return the product. I am talking about the two new bottles you receive for the $89.95. You will only be out the shipping cost.

• Sy
      Apr 28, 2009

I was able to call them and they refunded me $41.00. I ordered Acai Berry at the same time I ordered Maxcolon and after several calls they are refunding $87.00. Just try to be persistent.

• Sc
      Apr 29, 2009

I was scamed too. You go thier web site and it says link broken. I was lucky and put it on my credit card instead of my bank card. My credit card is refunding me the charges and filing a compliant on them. I emailed them 3 days after my pills arrived and told them I wanted a refund and do not charge my credit card in the future. They did it anyway and had the nerve to tell me to cancel any dispute I have made about them and they would refund my money. Are you kidding me! SCAM all over it. Don't order anything on the internet with you bank card.
    Scam

Apr 29, 2009

This happened to me recently also. The only thing I ever got was spam emails from two other companies, so tried emailing them to cancel the products the day after I ordered. You would not believe all the emails that have been going back and forth. The unwritten law is that a company usually give 30 days to return and cancel, but these people know how to play the game. Susanne, please use the URL from this site and your comments and send it to the BBB handling your case. When they see how many people are complaining about this, they might be able to shut them down. My $89.95 was put on a Virutal Account Number thru my credit card, so they can't use it anymore, but I know I'm kissing my $89.95 good bye. They tell you that all the information was on the page you ordered from, but I know it wasn't. I think they have one website telling everything, but the popups that usually catch us don't have the info. We can all report this company to the FBI's Internet Crime Website at http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

• Aj
      Apr 29, 2009

the BBB would do nothing to help shut things down, all they are is an ineffective facilitator who forwards your complaints to the company.. dont know why they have this reputation for resolving issues, as if a company is a scammer, they will just ignore anything the BBB does.

the FTC is where you need to file a complaint.

Apr 30, 2009

Please be aware, we DO NOT make unauthorized charges to anyone's acocunt. Our terms and conditions clearly state the nature of your subscription. You MUST, in fact, agree to these terms and conditions before we can even process your application. Unfortunately, for those who decide to resolve this matter through their bank instead of handling the situation with us, we are UNABLE to process any refunds (per our agreements with Visa and Mastercard). We do hope this has cleared up any confusion regarding your account.

Apr 30, 2009

THIS IS JUST ANOTHER MIA CULPA FROM PEOPLE WHO KNOW THEY ARE SCAMMING OTHERS, SO MANY THAT THEY WON'T PAY THE PEOPLE THE REFUNDS. I WOULD SUGGEST ALL PEOPLE WHO LOST MONEY REPORT THEM TO THE FBI'S INTERNET FRAUD WEBSITE AT WWW.IC3.GOV. BECAUSE THEY ARE ABLE TO PAY PEOPLE, THEY JUST DON'T WANT TO!!!

May 09, 2009

I was also charged for the "FREE" bottle twice plus shipping and handling, I have reported this case to the FBI and it will soon be resolved in a legal and hard way, someone has to stop these ROBBERS, My bank who represents my cradit card is also taking action.-

• Li
      May 12, 2009

An absolute scam, indeed. When the product is received there is no contact info for Max Health, after a Google search, I found this website and obtained the phone number. When you call to cancel, the customer service rep answers the phone by saying, "You billing zip, please." Tells ya a whole lot right there, doesn't it? They do not provide a name when answering the call and she refused to give me her name or a confirmation number for cancellation. She simply stated an electronically generated one would be sent by email and if I didn't receive it, call back. Yeah, great, spend another 15 minutes on hold to get something they have no intentions of sending.

It's probably best I just cancel my debit card and get a new one before the next $89.95 is deducted!

May 13, 2009

Even though I've proved to them several times that they received the package back thru USPS by refusing it and using the original tracking number, they are still refusing to refund me because I did not have an RMA #. I asked for one, but still did not get one till almost a week later. By that time the product had already come in and I had already refused it. My credit card company is handing this thru their dispute dept. and have sent me the claim info with needed documents to prove my claim. Thank God I got a refused receipt from the PO that has the date and tracking number on it. But even though I've sent the company that info about 3-4 times, they just came back today asking for the original tracking #. Heck they were the ones who gave it to me when they finally gave me the RMA #, but now they are saying they can't refund my money without the RMA # on it. If enough people put the claims in to the BBB, FBI and their Credit Card companies, something will have to be done about these scammers.

May 13, 2009

To all of you who used credit cards and debit cards, call your bank and credit card companies to cancel the old cards and get you new ones with new numbers. My credit card company thru Citi group told me they were already aware of what this company was doing. CitiCards has a program called Virtual Account Numbers where a number is only good for a month, so they can't keep charging me for their product. I did finally get them to cancel my membership, but they are refusing to pay the $89.95 back due to their "terms and conditions" even though none of this was within the popup ad I got, nor were there any email addresses, phone numbers or website to call on that ad. Plus I never got an email confirmation from them with this information. They kept saying we could have called them, but without the info who were we to call?!?!

• Am
      May 20, 2009

Does the product even work?? I am just experiencing what happened to yall and I was just wondering if i should just throw it out?

May 20, 2009

No, don't throw it out. Send it back telling them you don't feel it even works, but make sure you send it with a delivery confirmation or certified so you have something to track on www.usps.com because these people are real buggers. After at least 50 emails back and forth, to several different reps and NOT letting them get away with it, I finally just heard from them today where they are giving me an $81 refund. They say it's their policy to not refund s/h. It's better than what they were saying about not refunding me or only giving me $41. Plus, I had my credit card company working on this. So it does take a lot of persistence, keeping records of refusals, tracking #'s, etc. Amy, if you do return the item, call or email them first for an RMA # because that's what they say part of the problem is. I don't know if they'll refund you for the trial bottle, but if they sent you some new bottles for the $89.95, then get the RMA# from them first and make sure you send it where you also have a tracking # to see when it gets delivered to them.

• Am
      May 21, 2009

thank you! i was already charged i havent gotten it yet but I'm gonna do what you said when it gets here!

May 22, 2009

Amy, That's great. If you end up with emailing them, remember to keep all of your emails in your inbox in case you have to copy them if you have to contact BBB, FFC or FBI. Maybe that's why they finally decided to pay me since someone else contacted the FBI's internet site about them. I'm sure with the many credit card and bank companies hitting on them, they finally had to agree to refunds. I hope the others are getting their refunds also.

May 22, 2009

Amy, contact their company by email for an RMA # before you even get it. That way you can just put the RMA # on the back of the package and refuse it at the post office. Have the PO run you a receipt that shows you refused it and it will give you the tracking # from their label. That's what I had that finally got me my refund because I was able to copy the PO's tracking info from their website and email it to them several times to show that they indeed did receive it. If you continue to email them instead of talking on the phone, you at least have records of what is being said. Their address is: [protected]@maxcolon.com. Tell them you need to return the item because you are finding out from their sample that it doesn't work. Good luck and hope you don't have as many problems as the rest of us have had.

• Ji
      May 23, 2009

If you signed up for any products from any of the companies below, cancel the order immediately. Don't wait for anything. If you used a debit card or credit card, disable that card and get a new number. You will lose the money for the sample, but they won't be able to charge anything to you. Don't wait!!! Do it now!!

Acai Berry

Suite 101
    Melbourne, FL 32940
    1-866-779-7568

May 24, 2009

I'm not so sure about the Pure Nutrients one. The Nature Cleanse that I got thru them has been highly endorsed on Oprah by Dr. Mehmet Oz who is always on her show. I would think she would not be endorsing it if there were a problem.

May 24, 2009

• Da
      May 31, 2009

I agree. Same thing happened to me. What can I say they take advantage of the situation knowing people are desperate to try anything to help them loss weight. They should have to return everyone's money back to them.

• Ke
      Jun 20, 2009

I am in the same situation as the other folks with the complaints. No phone number, unable to contact, can't cancel. I do not care to receive the product any longer. Any ideas. I would like to return the unopened packages / bottles and get a credit on my card. Birmingham, AL

[protected]@lycos.com

• Ji
      Jun 20, 2009

Try these. These companies are all scams and cheats.

FWM Laboratories
    2040 NE 163rd, Suite 305
    North Miami Beach, FL 33162
    866-949-0138
    954-699-0814

Acai Berry Detox (Same as FWM Labs)
    3007 Greene Street

1-866-779-7568

Other numbers:

866-955-0160/780-747-1377

Jun 23, 2009

I wish I'd have seen this page before I ordered the 15 day trial - I never thought a company would do this to anyone so never investigated and what a mistake. Out all this money & run around is all you get - if you manage to talk to anyone they let you YOU are the stupid one for not fully reading the rules and terms, I did and saw nothing about canceling before 15 days up or be charged $89 every 30 days- they send NO information with product, no packing slip as any legit company would do & no contact info and most definetly nothing stating you'll keep getting charged if you don't cancel with in 15 day and Day one of your trial period STARTS when you order it not when you get it. My CC company said they have run into this a lot BUT chances are you will not get a refund unless you can prove that it wasn't stated on the web page about the continuing charges. Fat chance of that as they can make a web site say anything after the fact.

• Qu
      Jul 02, 2009

Try this other toll free no. 866-949-0138. And remember these things: consult your doctor first when trying out pills; check thoroughly the terms and conditions and research the background of the company before giving out your credit info.

• Lo
      Jul 10, 2009
    Max Health Colon Products - can't contact company
    Max Health Colon Products
    10134 6th St Ste M
    Ranco Cucamonga
    California
    [protected]@maxcolon.com

I would like to cancel my order but not able to reach company.

• Ej
      Jul 15, 2009

I have also been scammed by this company. Their website says "Invalid Host Name" and their phone number has been disconnected. I have saved the packaging and the physical address they have is on the packaging. Unbelievable!!! Thankfully, my bank is doing and investigation on it. EA

Jul 17, 2009

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY'S FOLLOWUP ACTIONS!! Watch out folks, this company is still at it. Even though I had contacted my credit card company to file a dispute, and Max Colon refunded me $81 on 5/20, I just saw on my new credit card statement Citicards reversed the refund and charged my account the $81 on 6/11!!! So this company either has an in with the credit card people or something else is going on.

• Cm
      Jul 25, 2009

They did the same thing to me. I called the same day that they billed my card. still I got nothing. Big scam!!

Oct 02, 2009

THIS COMPANY IS A TOTAL RIP OFF, I WAS SCAMMED TOO.
    FREE PRODUCT MY ###, THEY CHARGED ME £58.38 AND IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FREE EXCEPT P/P.
    IM NOT ###ING STUPID IM ###ING ANGRY AND WHEN IM ANGRY I SWEAR SO PLEASE ACCEPT MY APPOLOGIES EVERYONE.
    SECONDLY I WAS CHARGED £35 BY MY BANK AS I WAS OVERDRAWN WITHOUT PERMITTION .
    I IMIDDIATLY RANG MY BANK WHOM CANCELLED MY CARD AND STOPPED THEM TAKING ANYMORE OF "MY MONEY!" THEY ARE DOING AN INVESTIGATION INTO IT AND INFORMING THE LOCAL AUTHORATIES AS ITS ILLIGAL WHAT THEY ARE DOING ..
    I HOPE YOU ALL GET YOUR MONEY BACK, AND MAKE SURE YOU TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS AND FRIENDS FRIENDS ABOUT THESE DISGUSTING SMALL MINDED ### ..
    GOOD LUCK TOO YOU ALL.
    JOYCE
    [protected]@yahoo.co.uk

IF YOU WANT TO REPLY TO ME IT WOULD BE GREAT HEARING FROM YOU AT5 MY EMAIL ABOVE
    XXX

• Ju
      Aug 17, 2010

well it seems like everybody here went throug the same situation...this company is a scam I had been trying to cancell for the past year and is imposible there is no phone number or website to reach this robers..I dont want to cancell my banck account, but I guess there is no other way i hope this people get wat they deserve, because is not fear. if anybody knows how to get in touch with this stupid company please posted in this website...i've tried the maxcolon.com but it does not have any info about how to cancell this products that i dont event want since month one, because they dont even work.