Max Acai Boost & ColonZen / Charged for them but never got them!

My order forms state that these products are scheduled to arrive on July 28, 2009. It is now August 7, 2009 and I have yet to see any shipment at my doorstep. On top of that, my credit card was charged $39.95 for each of these products. However, during their phone call, the representative stated that I would be charged only for the shipping fees (99 cents for acai, 4.99 for colon cleanse, which ended up to be ColonZen instead) and then I can decide to cancel the "subscription" after 30 days if I am not satisfied after using them. (Of course, they even offered a trip to Cancun!) I found the sites to order these sample products through Rachael Ray's blog. I'm very disappointed and want to cancel everything including the "sample" products. This smells like a scam and I feel stupid falling for it!!!

Mi

Comments

• 12
      8th of Aug, 2009

Same thing happened to me. I am still fighting with them to get my money back due to the fact I have been charged but still have not received my product. I hate this stuff, and wish I had never done this. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

8th of Aug, 2009

I also had the exact same thing happen to me! What a nightmare!!

• Sw
      10th of Aug, 2009

just got charged almost $80.00 to my bank account that i never approved!!

• Am
      10th of Aug, 2009

this just happened to me i was charged 39.95 and recieved nothing. I cant find a phone number to even call and yell if anyone has a number please let me know. i need to cancel before i get the next months bill.

11th of Aug, 2009

I was told the same thing, 99 cents for shipping but then this transaction showed up as a hold on my account.

UTHIHEALTHPRODUCT 866-736-1040 $87.11

The lady on the phone swore up and down they haven't charged me anything but the 99 cents... as I stare at the balance on my account. ugh... notice there is a phone number on the transaction fo rthose of you who need it.

• Ro
      11th of Aug, 2009

I just spent an hour trying to get this company to refund my money. I never even heard of the company until they charged my account $87.13. I have disputed it with my bank and contacted the fraud department(actually they called me this company obviously has a fraud alert on them). Now I just want my money back. The lady I spoke to kept telling me to the product back but I never got anything and she was like a recording. I couldn't get a supervisor. One rep told me that only the shipping department could stop the charges but he had no way to contact them. This is a never ending nightmare.

• Up
      11th of Aug, 2009

Same thing just happened to me. I have been waiting for a customer service representative for quite a while now and wondering if I will ever get one. Not only are they dishonest but their phones are screwed up. I called the 866 number several times and one time somehow got connected to a line where somebody was actually making the same complaint and giving out her information to the representative. I only heard the callers voice and not the reps voice. I felt guilty that I was listening to her private info so I hung up. They have charged my acct. 49.95 and today I just received my second order confirmation call. If I had went along with it and gave the okay they probably would have charged it again. If anybody actually get somewhere with this company please let us know.

• Mo
      11th of Aug, 2009

omg this iscrazy the same thing happened to me this pass week, except i put it on a prepaid credit card and the money wasnt there for them to rob so they credited my shipping and handleing ...then calledme to see what happened how come i dont want the product, without even getting the product. i think rachel ray dr oz oprah should return everyones money or do something about it. this is totally crazy. the bad thing is i really want to try the product lol but u can go to gnc or any nature store i believe they have it . if anyone know for sure please let me know

• Sl
      12th of Aug, 2009

I had the same issue . i have been ripped off. my account was charged and I did not recieve any product. I am contacting the bank fraud dept and see what happens.

• Ve
      12th of Aug, 2009

funny thing I was charged TWICE for $2.97 s/h and a $.05 foreign transaction fee. This appears on my statement as well as OXI BERRY...but I never ordered neither--just Life cleanse (mind to say I haven't even received that either!!) Funny thing is that the #'s on both are the same as the Life cleanse # but when I talked to the rep on the life cleanse # he swore up and down I was only charged one s/h...BS!! I can not beleive I fell for this scam as well!1 Should have known better! I better not get charged ANYTHING else or I am going to go crazy!! Looks like I better change my cc # TODAY!! Plus yes their phones are TOTALLY screwed up!!

The other # is
    OXI-BERRY
    866-906-6551

and Life cleanse is 866-949-0138
    ALL THE SAME #'s!!!

• Sm
      12th of Aug, 2009

do you guys want to consider legal action. Apparently many of us are being scammed by such scam artists.

• Mi
      14th of Aug, 2009

All of this is a scam- the same thing happen with me for a company DETOXIDANT - 1-866-976-1123 which was a link that I clicked on from a Rachel Ray ad. I am still fighting with them for $39.95 and $87.13 for products that I have not received yet. I ordered them on July 30th - they said there was a 14 day trail period, they just shipped the product August 13th!!! What a ripe off!!!

• Se
      14th of Aug, 2009

They are quick to charge your credit card but slow on shipping the product. I'm afraid I may never see the detoxidant I ordered. I am not going to give up on this product. If they do have this product then they better ship it to me or I'll have to contact the BBB or the postmaster.

• Ac
      17th of Aug, 2009

does anyone out there have a number acai3000 i ordered it on july 26 and never recieved the product I want to cancel it but the numbers i have they cannot help me they say they only have the product acaix3 please sumbit a commentwith the number.

• Da
      17th of Aug, 2009

I ALSO TRIED TO ORDER MAX ACAI BOOST FOR A FREE TRIAL ORDER AND JUST PAY $.99 FOR SHIPPING. THAT WAS ON JULY 29, 2009. TODAY IS AUGUST 17, 2009 NOTHING HAS BEEN RECEIVED AND ON MY STATEMENT THERE WAS A DEBIT OF $86.42 THAT I HAD TO CALL MY BANK ON. THEY SAID IT WAS A DETOX COMPANY AND PHONE NUMBER IS 866-976-1123 I ALSO TRIED 866-955-4109 AND 866-949-0138 ALL OF WHICH ARE THE SAME RECORDING. WAITED 28 MINUTES BEFORE I GOT A REAL PERSON AND FINALLY HOPE I CANCELED MY ORDER WITHOUT EVER RECEIVING ANYTHING. THIS IS A SCAM. ALL I CAN SAY IS CANCEL YOUR CARDS AND HAVE THEM REISSUED SO THEY CAN'T KEEP CHARGING YOUR ACCOUNTS.

• Mi
      20th of Aug, 2009

Couldn't agree more. Just don't do it! It hadn't even been 5 days from when I ordered my "free 15 day trial just pay shipping" when they charged me for the next order. Now I knew going in that I was going to have to be on top of things and immediately cancel after I received my trial. But I expected to get charged 15 days after my initial order! They didn't waste any time! I waited on the phone for 30 minutes. I have been given a return number and am supposed to get my money back after I return the product. I have 10 days! I am highly expecting not to receive the product and to have to fight this whole crap over again. I do NOT have high expectations.. this is going to be a battle... And I get to pay the return shipping. Ugh.

• He
      24th of Aug, 2009

My account was charged several times for this product that I did not authorize. I call and get a goodbye message. I think we need to first find out 0who these people are and file a lawsuit against them. I have almost $400.00 charges for a sample product that I did not authorize. I will be filing a complaint with the Federal Government.

25th of Aug, 2009

Same thing just happened to me and I was not aware that I was going to be charged for the product I will try calling the bank and let them deal with it! They charged me over $80 for the product and I was supposed to get it today and have not gotten it! I will close that card so they can't charge me again.

• Ea
      26th of Aug, 2009

I want to press charges. I got ripped off.

30th of Aug, 2009

I just want to say first off I'm sorry for what happend to all of you. And secondely, I want to thank all of you SOOOO much for the blogs and complaints. You have saved both my mother and I from making a terrible mistake in ordering the product. I read that it was only 99 cents and then you have to cancel or they will continue to charge everymonth and send a shipment. That is terrible that none of you have even received the products you paid for. My mother warned me about scams and said something like this has happend to her before and she had to cancel her credit card and went through absolue hell and took her 6 months to get her money back. It is truely a blessin that I happend to stumble upon this site and all of your complaints. We were literally sitting with our bank cards out on the ordering page when I decided to continue looking into it and pulled up another internet page and typed in Google, "Can I buy Max Acai Boost in stores?". Under all the links I found this site with complaints saying not to buy the product and that it is a scam! We quickly put our cards away and read every single complaint against the company.

I want to thank you all for your warnings, and I only hope that it will save more people from making a terrible mistake. I wish you all luck and I hope you all find out who these people are and press charges, or at least get your money back. It is hard times right now, and my mother and I do not have much money and struggle and this would have been a devastating, terrible blow to us if I did not take the few extra minutes to look into it and find this website. People are sick you know? I hope they get punished for these actions!
    Good luck and god bless you all. I pray you find these criminals!!!