Closed
Cars, Parts & Vehicles

Mavis Discount Tire / very crooked business

Cr Review updated:
Phone: 845-471-6833

I went to Mavis Discount Tires on 2/08/2010.I wanted to get two brand new tires on the front of my vechile because my front tires were very worn, and I decided they had a good price for buying the tires and mounting them.My car was in perfect working condition and i had been driving it for about one year and my father had drove it a couple years before me.They asked if i would like an alignment and I declined.When I got there I gave them my keys and they said they would be done in about 20 min.I went to the nearby price chopper just to kill some time and i recieved a phone call from mavis.They stated that they couldnt do an alignment because a tie-rod loose.I stated that I did not ask for an alignment and they said I did and they ask what would I like to do about the situation.I said I just wanted my tires and that i would be there in a min.I rush over worried because I immediatly knew that they were trying to scam me.They were done my the time I got there and gave me my keys and the invoice to sign.I signed the invoice document in a rush because i wanted to get to my car and see what was done.I looked at my car and couldnt see anything visual that could have been done to my car and my new tires were on so i thought everything was fine.I started driving and not even 5 min. past by and i felt my car trembling.My wheel had some how turn sideways and my car was sliding and i couldnt stop.I was a second away from getting hit by a truck but the truck had stopped in time.Later on when I called Mavis they had told me that they told me the tie-rod was really bad and the car was not safe to drive, and that it stated that on the invoice paperwork which i didnt look at until it was to late.I know for a fact that they rigged my car which could have potentially killed me or someone else in a nearby vechile.These people are rude and only out for money so watch out for this crooked business.They just wanted more money so they rigged my car so I could pay them to fix what they damaged.

Comments

• Bd
      26th of Mar, 2010

i visited a cole muffler on 3/19/10 known as mavis tire and the shop manager would never disclosed to me the amount of the labor and parts for work needed to be done. Therefore, I decided not to get the work done until I had taken back with me my previous receipt for the same work done under the name of Cole Muffler and done a little bit more investigation. Therefore, i telephoned the following week the cole muffler store and spoke with the asst. mgr. he was very polite and informative about the cost of the labor and parts for work needed done. Therefore, i took my vehicle to another cole muffler location and had the work done.

6th of Oct, 2010

I had several things done to my car @, Mavis in Shirley.in the start thgs were good so I gave more business.I always paid for my work in whole n all I got was a half [censor] job were I gotta run back n fourth to have my car done right.then the person tht worked on my car got fired from [censor]ing people cars up.Which I saw first hand.loose bolts;charge people for wheel alignment n there front tires pointed like a V when u look head on to vehicle .then truck goes on alignment rack everything off. Mavis Suck n will rip u off but I will c u early n the morning to fix wht I paid for.

• Tw
      21st of Nov, 2011

The original poster didnt say where the shop was located...

• Tw
      21st of Nov, 2011

Where is the shop located?

• Jp
      8th of May, 2012

I am a Auto Mechanic and a future business owner and I think it's not the company at fault but the manager in charge of the place. They need to get good manager and very good mechanics. Just to let you know. Thanks

• 00
      23rd of Oct, 2015

Read my review of Mavis Tire

18th of Jul, 2016

Jp560, it is the company's fault bc Mavis has had bad reviews all around and at every Mavis, it seems. I personally, took my car in for ny state inspection 4 days ago. They called and asked if we wanted all these different things fixed and of course we declined. My husband was a mechanic so he knew what was wrong and what wasnt. We picked up my car a few hours later, I was driving it and it smelled sooo bad of oil or gasoline. The last few days were super hot up to 90+ degrees also.I complained to my husband about it, he checked and sure enough they left oil lid/cover off, oil leaked all over my engine. Potentially causing damage to the engine, myself as it was blazing hot, and how it runs, esp pissed bc opening the engine is not part of the inspection and is a violation. We have not done anything yet but yes, I believe Mavis/Cole Muffler are scammed and crooks.