Mattress King / Awful company

We bought a king sized mattress on 12/3/06 from Mattress King. After a short time it started sinking on both sides, we called Mattress King and after many calls from me they finally sent out a "mattess marshall" to check the mattress. He came out and evaluated the mattress, after two weeks I called Mattess King to find out what was going on, Charlotte said they found out mattress to be faulty and we would get a replacement. We had to pay another delivery fee to bring us the newer "comparable" mattress from Serta. We got this one around 8/08 and now it is sinking in again. We cannot get a good nights sleep, wake up to aches and pains from sleeping in holes in the mattress. After many calls again to Mattress King we were told the mattress marshall was coming to check it. The mattress marshall calls me to set up a time and never shows, I call him back and he tells me that they no longer associate with Mattress King and sounds very shady about the relationship they had with them. I call Charlotte again and am given the run around. At wits end, I turn it over to my husband to call. He gets someone at the corporate office who says she will have the mattress marshall call us. After several days, the mattress marshall calls, he comes out to evaluate our mattress. He tells us that the mattress is defective and we need a new one. After three weeks of not hearing from anyone, we call Charlotte again who says that they don't bother to call after the evaluation. States the mattress marshall found nothing wrong with out mattress and that's all we can do. My husband calls the corporate office who give him the run around again and eventually tell him it is up to the manufacturer that they don't support the product they only sell it. We have emailed the serta guy, they couldn't give us a number to call him but have not gotten a response. We are very frustrated that Mattress King had no problem taking our $1800 + for the piece of junk mattress but will not stand behind it. All we want is a mattress that we can be comfortable on.

Ha

Comments

• Au
      24th of May, 2009

Put together a history of your dealings with the store and corporate and take them to small claims court. They probably won't show and you win. Include names if you can. You can also call your credit card company -- sometimes they will intervene or stop payment Good luck!

• Je
      6th of Sep, 2009

I am having the same problem with the Mattress King in Georgia. I bought a Simmons pillowtop a little over 2 years ago and the pillowtp has shifted to one side and the mattress frame seems to have lost its structure and is now crooked for a lack of a better term. I contacted the warranty department and warranty was approved about a month and a half later after filling out the required forms, sending them back and eventually getting someone back on the phone. I was told to go to a local Mattress King store and look at 2 other Simmons options for replacement since the model I have has been discontinued. I didnt like either option and opted for the store credit to purchase a different brand. I chose a King Coil mattress and spent the next few weeks trying to get in touch with the warranty administrator at the corporate office because she would not return my calls. When I finally got in touch with her, she said that they didnt have any in stock and would have to order from the manufacturer. I cannot stress enough how many times I had to call and leave messages, only to have my calls never returned!!!
    I have been dealing with this situation for 5 months now and I still have not recieved my replacement mattress. The last contact I had with them was yesterday and was told (with a very, very, very poor attitude) that they are not responsible for warranty after the sale. As far as my replacement mattress, she could not tell me when it will be in and blame the King Coil for the delay. The bottom line is, Mattress King made it very clear to me that they do not support their customers after the sale. Once you buy from them, you are on your own to deal with the problem!!! I will never purchase another product from Mattress King and will make every effort to discourage anyone else from doing so either. This company is without a doubt the worst company I have ever dealt with!!!

5th of May, 2010

Same problem here. i bought a Cool Spring by Sealy, after 6 mos it started sinking. For a mattress that should have cost me $2200.00, i am now up to almost $3ooo.oo and i still don't have a mattress that i can have a good night rest.I am going to call my credit card company and see if they can help me, but i have already paid the bill so i don't know if they can or not. i am also considering taking them to small claim court.

5th of May, 2010

i agree it is terrible, and i want everyone to know it. i would never again shop at Mattress King. i have gone through 5 beds, all with problem that you could see at delivery, fortunately i took pictures of all . i don't trust that the mattresses they delivered me were new. Some had spots, some had big bumps.Never never again will i shop there. i just wish they gave me my money back, i gladly would let them keep the 20% restocking fee.
    They are supposed to deliver the replacemt for the mattress they delivered last friday, the one with the spots and the bumps, so i'll see what i end up with

• Ca
      19th of Jul, 2010

Mattress King of Venice Florida stole $5, 000.00 from me. The charged my credit card fro $5, 000.00. I have received no merchandise. They are crooks, the entire network of Mattress King in Florida and Georga.

• Su
      24th of Aug, 2010

Mattress King of Venice closed their Sarasota store last month and are closing their store in Vencie this month. They are skipping town with $5, 000.00 of my money becuse they lied to me about everyting, I never received any merchandise and they do not refund money to anyone. The owner is Jake Agha AKA Mohamad Waliagha of Syria. No one can help me, not the BBB, not the Chamber of Com, not the FL consumer protection, or Senoirs vs Crime, becuse Jake never pays Judgements or refunds money to anyone, he is above the law. Someone needs to stop this guy.

• Jc
      6th of Apr, 2011

The delivery men ripped my mattress upon delivery on 3/17/2011. Mattress King told me that the mattress was fine and still under warranty and to just put a mattress cover on it. Serta will not cover it because it is not a warranty issue. I am still not able to get to the owner. My credit card is disputing this for me. Someone forged my name on a delivery ticket saying I received my mattress in good condition. This is Nashville, TN.

6th of Apr, 2011

i really feel for you. Had i known that my charge card co.would have back me up, i would have disputed the charge, but now it's too late. However should we not be able to go directly to Sealy? Now i have had my mattress for almost 1 year and i feel like i am sleeping on an old dog bed. The only solid part is the middle, from there i feel like i am falling on either side i turn. Tulsa Ok

• Ee
      24th of Sep, 2015

I bought a mattress at Mattress King in Smyrna, TN with the assurance that I could exchange it within 30 days if it wasn't right for me. When I decided it wasn't the right mattress and went to exchange it, they told me it was a special order mattress and not covered under the exchange policy. First of all, the salesman did not state this was a special order and could not be exchanged. If he had, I would not have purchased. Second, the store policy states that special orders require a 50% deposit, which was not asked for at time of sale. So when did this become a special order? I'm pretty sure when I tried to exchange it. When I called the store manager, she said corporate told her they would not exchange and when I tried to explain that was never told to us, she said she would just hang up on me because the conversation was going nowhere. So I called corporate. It took three days of calling and leaving messages just for a man that claimed to be the sales manager to call to tell me the same, lame excuses. This is one shady, dishonest company and I also will not shop there again and am urging everyone I know to stay away from this company. Shameful they are still in business after all the complaints I have read for this company on the BBB website (where I also filed a complaint) and other sites I'm reading. Very rude and no concept of "customer service" at this company. A lesson in checking out the reviews first.

• Ge
      27th of Apr, 2018

@Eepo Is this Mattress King in TN owned by Mohamad Amjad Waliagha ? Please Find Out, Important

• De
      17th of Sep, 2018

DEBBIE BICKFORD My husband and I purchased a King Natasha Mattress and Box Springs the cost was over $4000.00. We did not have the set for one full year when the mattress started coming apart. It was on the top of the mattress and rip places along the side. We went to the store where we purchased it and was told the guy who sold it to us was no longer there so needless to say we were never able to talk to the same person twice. I totally understand if we decided to exchange to a mattress that was more than the one we got we would have to pay the difference but the one we exchanged for was cheaper to the tune of $$800.00 and they do not give refunds, after weeks of going through this I was totally mad so I thought of a ( showing good faith from the company ) way that would help me feel better about everything that they put us through as I call it stealing from a disabled woman who cannot work and her husband who works his butt off. My thought was give us 2 sets of King size sheets and 2 pillows. This would by no means come up to the $800.00 although it would show they care about their customers. THEY DON'T We were told no so I have been telling everyone I know and asking them to tell everyone they know my story. We still get to pay on a loan for the $800.00 in free money that MATTRESS KING RIPPED OFF FROM US.