Matthews Learning Center / Volvo Engine Problem

1 3133 Bayview Dr.Memphis, United States Review updated:

I own a 1998 Volvo S90. I've had the car from 15 miles. It started to use oil and I took it to the Pat Patterson Volvo place several times. Explaining how it was using oil. They continued to tell me that it wasn't using oil that it was just burning oil and that was a characteristic of the Volvo (to use oil). Well, I had to continue to put oil in it even after an oil change. They started to tell me it then had something to do with the gaskets and I had them work on that. So it continued to have other problems. I took it to them and they said the engine needed some work on it. I told them to do the work and then they said something about some pressure had build up in the engine or something and it would cost alot of money to fix it. I tried to maintain my car and keep it in good condition but I feel like the car's problem was/is the manufactures fault. There were other Volvo owners I would talk to at the Volvo place who were having some of the same problems. I tell every one that I encounter who drives a Volvo to make sure they have them check the gaskets and oil burning on the car to avoid expensive repairs. Now they are saying I need a new engine to correct the problem I'm having. And the price is too expensive.

Comments

• Na
      20th of Feb, 2008

To whom it may concern

My husband bought my Volvo for me last because of it being the safest car on the road and I travel a lot. Though we have never been more dissapointed with a car as we have with this one.

The milage on my vehicle is now just over 60 000km it has had its clutch replaced THREE times and according to three people that are in the Volvo Service devision I was told quitley that this is a common problem, as well as by Nico the service foreman especially the Volvo S40 1.8 and 2.0, and now over the past weekend my vehicle would not start, Volvo Roadside Assistance (AA) came out to my premises and the car started, they tested my battery and told us that there was nothing wrong with it. Saturday evening my husband took me to the doctor and on our way back on a dark deserted road this that started failing as well as it showing me that my car must go for a service which was standing at volvo last month for two weeks.

We eventually had no lights and the whole car just died on us, we phoned Volvo Roadside Assistance just to get a call back from the tow truck driver telling me I had to phone Volvo Roadside Assistance back as they must send someone from JHB as it would take him to long to get to us, I explained to him that we had no more talking units left and eventually lost it with him, put the phone down and ended up getting a friend to tow my vehicle.

This was very traumatising as I could have been RAPED, my husband and I could have been Murdered anything could have happened. Thank God my kids where not with.

Volvo Roadside Assistance fetched the vehicle at my premises on Monday, Tuesday morning I phoned to hear what the problem was just to be told it was the battery when I told the Service forman that the AA gentleman had tested it and told me it was fine he was very arrogant and told me that he is not a volvo technision.

While I was at volvo on Monday to get a courtasy vehicle i requested that they give me a print out on all the services and problems that my car has been there for which they done, I then showed them that my book was not stamped and that after my car being there for two weeks in January 2008 they never done the 60 000km service. Nico the arrogant Service Foreman/Manager told me that it had to be 1 500km before 60 000km or 1 500km over for them to service it my milage was 58 835km when I said that he was very defencef and just said "well we will do it now then" my milage is now just over 60 000KM.

I would appreciate it if possible that we can get into contact and do a add for any other people to come forward who have had endless problems with thier Volvos as I know for a fact that I am not the only client as people within the company have told me so, I feel we should do something about this.

Regards