MatchMaker International / Together Dating / Together Introductions / Dating service scam

1 Chattanooga, TN, United States Review updated:

If you are contacted by matchmaker international trying to set up an appointment for you to come to their office for an interview... hang up!!! This company is a full blown scam. They bait people in who have used an online dating site, or went to one of the area websites (there are signs posted in the ground) depending on the area you live in. Once they get you in the door they will try to charge you $2500 to $10,000 for a membership. You will not be matched with quality people as they claim, but rather the same people you could match yourself with. These people are running this scam in several states and have been for years. They are a member of the bbb, whom they have in their pocket, once a bbb complaint is established it is quickly swept under the rug. Stay away from this scam or you will be out several thousand dollars for nothing. They run your credit to see how much you have on credit cards and they have you tell them what is in your checking account, and then they try to force you into giving them as much money as you have. They will put you down, call you names, and make you feel worthless trying to get you to pay them. These people prey on vulnerable people looking for a piece of happiness!!!

Va

Comments

• La
      24th of Apr, 2008

I highly recommend that you do NOT use the ‘Together’ or ‘The Right One’ dating services, or any dating service that charges you more than a few hundred dollars. Most of them meet with you and use mind techniques, pressure tactics, quote misleading statistics and basically guarantee you nothing. They prey on people’s weaknesses and negative unsuccessful past. They will take your money and offer you no refunds whatsoever. I know because I paid $3, 995 for just FIVE referrals and when I changed my mind the next day before they provided me with any service whatsoever, they refused to let me void the contract, and no cooling off rule applied because I signed it at THEIR location (after a SIX hour grueling interview). Legally it was binding. They are very greedy, ruthless, heartless and unethical. Do NOT be fooled!

You may luck out and find your mate using them as only a very few have done, but why support those types of unethical business practices and pay such an insane amount of money? They even charge you $500 or more to ‘hold’ your contract open so they won’t cancel you if you don’t meet your next referral within THEIR limited timeframe. That means basically you have to pay them MORE to NOT cancel you without a refund, if you want to date someone while you have referrals left you haven’t met. Believe me, you can find what you are looking for, for MUCH much less money and aggravation!

• Jg
      7th of May, 2008

PLEASE do not subscribe to Together Dating or The Right One dating services! They are SCAM artists with high pressure and fraudulent sales pitches they have NO INTENTION of honoring!

After three years with this scam company, I have had 3 dates. They do not return phone calls and you cannot get through their phone secretaries. "So-and-so" is with another customer right now, can I have her call you back?" HELL NO! Don't hold your breath waiting on a phone call from these scammers!

"We have thousands of matches in your area!" - BS
    "I will be working with you one-on-one." - BS
    "So and so fits your criteria." - BS
    "So and so said you never called her." -BS

I've been given no less than THREE non-working numbers by this fraud of a company. One mailbox was full, so I couldn't even leave the match a message - it was full for a week before I gave up. She never answered her phone.

SAVE YOUR MONEY DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS RIPOFF!!!

• De
      16th of Sep, 2008

I considered myself an intelligent educated person until I got scammed for $4500.00! But, they too know very well how to push the right buttons. After my divorce and losing my mother I was ripe for the picking. I had the contract where I could review 2 pictures each month and choose the one I want and see if he would call. Within 48hrs of my signing the contract, I got a call from the office here in Savannah, GA. wanting to know if I wanted to buy the lifetime contract for only $1000.00. She said one of the clients was selling her program and she thought of me. She said it had to be right then because she was going to offer it to someone else that was interested. I joined August 21, 2006 it is now September 16, 2008 and I had a total of 5 dates and I had to keep calling for them. They have moved their office and changed management 3 times since then. I just now complained to the BBB and they have just ignored it and haven't even offered a response. How can you when you are filthy dirty and you have scammed everybody in town. I just wish I knew what I could do? Anybody with any ideas out there? Would appreciate a response. SAVANNAH INTRODUCTIONS WILL TAKEN YOUR MONEY AND RUN!

• Nj
      14th of Jan, 2009

I came upon this site by googling "Together dating" to get more information on the Together organization and I am saddened to read that each of you have been neglected by the people whom you have hired to help you. I am a young woman who just applied to Together located in Northern Virginia after seeing a job posting but feel awful that this is the way the company is perceived. I am an honest and sincere twenty-seven-year-old young woman and all I wish to do is help good people find love or, a compatible companion at the least. I found my current boyfriend of three years via the internet but I understand that internet dating is not an option for many people, including my best friend. I paid a fee, and it took me almost two years and a lot of hard work and dedication to find my boyfriend. That said, if I am hired, I will never treat anyone the way that you all have been treated and if possible, attempt to fix what they have damaged. I can not and will not represent an organization that is perceived so negatively and what I hate most is poor service. Without going off on a tangent, I sincerely hope the best for all of you.

17th of Apr, 2009

DUH!! If you think "together dating" is guilty of scamming many hopefuls so far, just wait til they get ahold of your W-2...YOU KNOW!!, that form you fill out at the beginning of "employment" where you include your SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER!!! Truly!! How stupid does one have to be to fall for the "Oh you are PERFECT for this position, when can you start?" line. I answered a questionnaire online which I was originally redirected from my facebook profile, then the phone calls started (unavailable 866 # of course) and because I don't answer anonymous calls and because they never left a voice mail, I continued to ignore the calls until two days ago. "You're a very difficult person to get ahold of", the caller said and proceeded to butter me up and we scheduled an appointment for me to come in and interview. They had me park DIRECTLY in front of the doors to the building, then I had to push a button for them to come let me in...I'm a little leary already, but I continue...so then I walk into a nice suite with warm painted walls and warm colored abstract art on the walls and am given a questionnaire to complete that only requires my name, but no signature at this point. So once I'm done there a young lady with her hair pulled back in a bun, no make-up on proceeds to take me into her office for a one-one interview and we begin to discuss what it is I'm looking for in a man, age preference, height...you know the normal topics, then she gets off on this tangent about HER personal experiences and telling me how she married a psycho doctor and that she had threatened to report him to the medical board for not having taken his "medication"..., then she tells me how she too was a client at first then she built such a great repoir with the staff that she became a match maker herself and how she LOVED it!!...Hm?!...A light's going off in my head and quickly becoming brighter and then my teenage son with whom I was to meet for dinner 45 minutes ago texts me and says, "C'mon!!" so I have to apologize and excuse myself because I need to follow through with this engagement but unfortunately she cannot meet with me the next day(Friday) and could I come back in on Monday so we could complete the interview. Later that evening after returning home, I wanted to know more about this so called service so I began to search for the name they claimed to go by, "together dating" and when I clicked on the "locations" icon, It took me to a page that read "click on your State below to see offices in your area", only there are no states below, just completely blank "below" or so I thought at first, until I noticed when I would click on the "Locations" icon I saw the states flash for maybe a tenth of a second so I moved my cursor slowly and noticed that the cursor turned into a hand and then I clicked, thinking it was just a glitch and hoping I could then view the state and go from there...Whatda ya know!!...must be another glitch. No contact info on thier website and no way to actually find locations...unless of course, you agree to meet for an interview. Either this comment which was posted 92 days ago by NJooo8 is BOGUS and more than likely posted by the same blood suckers that are at the top of this scam...or this person is literally dumber than a box of rocks!! If you have a facebook, myspace or twitter account, let everyone you know not to fall for these kinds of scams...Love doesn't have to and should hurt anyone! Peace!!

• Su
      9th of May, 2009

I am very much like a previous post. I consider myself intelligent and I too got taken by Together AKA The Right One, Two of Us and a new name I just discovered Mature Singles Only. These people should be run out of business. This is a scam operation. They knew just what to say to me to get my $s. They do not deliver. They do not return phone calls. I started a blog about them to warn others not to get sucked in. Better for you to spend your money on an online dating service like Eharmony or Match.com or Chemistry.com. My blog is "http://datingserviceripoff.blogspot.com". Please feel free to contribute.

• Gi
      1st of Oct, 2009

It seem to me that neither of the 2 postings have an bit of common sense. Suzy's blog is there solely to destroy businesses. She has never used the service so she is talking out the side of her ###! Why don't both of you get a life a quit trying to destroy businesses by calling them scams. If they were scam why have they been in business for over 3 decades. Does your AG suck. For you idiots that is Attorney General. The answer is no. You cant make all the people happy all the time. The problem is you think way to much of yourself. You think that you deserve an athletic doctor when you are a fat secretary. You are negative and hateful about anyone who doesnt meet your expectations yet you wonder why you arent having success. Its not the dating service nothing will help you until you quit crying and ### about anything and everything and start finding the glass half full!

• Gi
      1st of Oct, 2009

BTW Nonya you show your intelligence when you sign your post with "peace". I guess they didn't have any hip hop people with pants halfway down their ### for you to meet! Also how dare you question NJ008's posting. See thats your MO if someone doesn't agree with you something is wrong. I hate to tell you this, but every professional man of quality I have ever met, and that's a lot in my field of work, has never wanted a woman who says PEACE OUT! What are ghetto?

• Be
      11th of Dec, 2009

Together Dating service sucks. I paid $5000 to them when I had moved to help me meet people. The guys I met were nothing like the kind of person I said I was interested in. The sent you anyone they have on file. The did not respond to any of my complaints. It was the biggest waste of money. I would advice everyone to stay away from this service.

• Be
      11th of Dec, 2009

Together dating service is a waste of money. The will try to tell you about all the great clients they have, and how they have one in mind for you. They are all liars. They will send you anyone, no matter how non compatible the person will be . The are the biggest waste of money! The sales pitch is excellent and you feel like they will really help, but don't believe them. All they are good for is taking your money, and lots of it.

• Su
      11th of Dec, 2009

Earth to "givemeabreak": If I were out to destroy business I would not be recommending other options like Eharmony and Match.com.
    I am a business owner and if I did business like Together no one would buy my product. Together has had to change its name to Two of Us and now has numerous other AKA's including Mature Singles and many, many domain names that start with "YourTown.com or .net" A business would not have to that if they were dealing with people honestly. I did indeed join and pay mega $s for Together. I wouldn't waste my time with a blog if they were a legit business. The blog is there to warn people, to think twice before spending thousands of dollars on a dating service that does not deliver. I offer many other dating service options single people should try instead of Two of Us.

• To
      15th of Feb, 2010

I am was also scammed by this site, the girls they introduced me to were not worth the money at all. I only got three dates in two years. Since then I have signed up for two sites that are really excellent. The first is called viviansguide.com, they are much much less then any other matchmaker and I have met some really stealler people from them. The other site I recommend is Nicolewestwood.com this is a boutique matchmaking firm, you will work directly with Nicole who is a very honest and forthright person. She only charges clients by the introduction and requires no contracts or start up fees. I would very highly recommend these companies as I have met great ladies from both.

• Te
      20th of Mar, 2010

I just had the same experience with e-love which is a company under together dating. After I got them down in price and signed on I had second thoughts. I researched e-love and didn't find anything too bad but after I learned Together was the parent company I went home and found all kinds of stuff. The next day I sent the contract back registered mail and canceled within the 3 days AND I also canceled my credit card before the charges were placed on it. After I signed on I was told some would call the next day, they didn't. I called and got an answering machine and left a nasty message about the scam and the D+ the BBB in Md gave them. I told them I sent in the cancellation which says within 3 business days and they can't charge my credit card. I will also call the bank and make sure they don't try to get to my checking account. I found a local match maker for only $400 for 6 months unlimited matches. I hope I come out of this OK