Match.com / questionable business practices

United States Review updated:
I signed up with Match.com a few days ago. When you first sign in, you are asked a series of questions. It isn't til the very end when they hit you with all kinds of charges for their service. Your profile can still be viewed by others and you are sent potential matches by e-mail every few days. BUT, the catch is, if you do not pay money or "Subscribe", anyone who e-mails you will never hear from you and you cannot see any of that persons information unless you pay money. This just happened to me a few moments ago. When I phoned Match.com, I got a rude woman named Mabel. When I expressed concern over the fact that I had received an e-mail from a potential match for me, but that I was unable to view that e-mail or even respond, all Mabel had to say was "well, I'm sorry you feel that way." Now this person will feel that I am snubbing them and being rude. AND, another clincher is this: Match.com was advertising this New Years weekend as free communication weekend where those signed up with them can communicate for free. That advertisement on TV did not say anything about whether this only pertains to paid subscribers or both subscribers and members. While this service has potential, they need to quit screwing people over and step up to the plate and make this an honest service all the way through, not just part way.
Lo

Comments

Je
  27th of Jul, 2011
Hi, I agree with you. Once I sign in some dating sites but after I meet some similar problems like you. But when I found my true love in the site:sugarcupid.com. I know there is still a true site is really want to help others to find a perfect match. the site is serious safe and you don't worry these problems like that.So don't hesitate and join us. I promise you will not regret.

Match.com Logo Match.com