Master Movers and Storage / Worst movers ever!

1 4426 SE 122nd AvePortland, OR, United States Review updated:
Phone: (503) 762-1288

I moved last summer (May 2007) from Portland, OR back to LA California. I had moved up there with a company that I wasn't really happy with (or so I thought) so I decided to do some research and find a better mover to go back with. I got on the better business bureau's website, contacted several companies, got estimates, asked for referrals, etc. I decided to go with a local company that specialized in west coast moves. I was told that my things would be packed and shipped by their parent company national van lines and that my things would be in Los Angeles in about "3-4 days" On the contract I signed, they were given a window of 12 days in which to pick up my things and deliver them in LA. I don't think that company even looks at their contracts! I had them pick up my things on May 29, 2007 and they weren't delivered until June 25, 2007 and that was only after contacting the BBB, the corporate headquarters of National Van Lines, a lawyer and their offices nonstop for weeks. I was passed around to different people who always "couldn't help me", "wasn't their department", "wasn't their job", etc. When i asked for the owner's name and number "she is never here" is the ONLY answer I got. I couldn't start working since all of my things were with them. Thankfully, I have great friends in LA who let me borrow clothes, shoes, etc. I had not packed that many things in my smaller car since they had assured me that my things would arrive shortly after I did. Their customer service left so much to be desired it's not even funny. I found out that not only did they not contract with their parent company, national van lines, they didn't even register my move with them. Therefore, the people I contacted at National Van Lines had never heard of me. They were great at trying to contract Master Movers for me but really couldn't do much to help.

After almost a month, a threat of lawsuits, endless phone calls and letters, I got my things. ONE man showed up to move all of my things into my place. Things were damaged when they arrived and many were not packed like they were promised. I was thoroughly disappointed. DO NOT use this company!

Comments

• Pa
      28th of Apr, 2009

My name is Pacy, and I own Pacy's Moving & Storage in Oakville. I Will not stand for any more of this " SCAMMING PEOPLE" and holding Your Belongings Hostage ! I was called to help out a wonderful couple who had everything they owned in a truck owned by this Comfortable moving company and the driver would not unload their belongings unless they paid 1400$ for 2 hours work!?!? After speaking with me, the police where there, and they took their stuff off the truck, but not before they broke many items.. I was there 10 minutes later and did the job in 2 hrs.. I have attempted to contact this owner many times, but have had no response back. I am now working with anyone who has been held captive by a moving company, to make sure this stops!! If you have ever been or you know someone who has had a problem with this or another company, please contact me directly 24/7 @ 905 510 7111 Pacy.. Together we can make a difference! Your New Best Friend..Pacy..

• Kn
      2nd of May, 2010

My name is Ron, also known as RJF Dupage. I think Master Movers is a Godsend compared to the company I'm about to talk about.

Two Men and a Truck are the WORLD'S WORST MOVERS. Over on Epinions, they've had nearly 200 bad reviews. But that's just the start of it. Though I never used this company myself, remarks made by two of them cost me a client. I was promoting the great rates by a moving company in my area called Advanced Moving and Storage on a blog board forum. Out of nowhere one of the people from Two Men and A Truck came on there and implied I only had one or two small items to move and was too lazy to move them myself. Then another person from "Two Men and A Truck" later posted that "He must be a democrat." When I complained to this company, they just shrugged me off. I don't have the money to sue them for libel. So, I'll settle for the next best thing and spread the word across the internet. The blog I was on, is not the only place they've been libeling competitors. I've seen many other complaints from people to the same effect.

So in a nutshell they're terrible movers, they slam competitors online and they're devoid of any customer service. When it comes to world's worst movers, Two Men and A Truck are the complete package.

• Bi
      2nd of May, 2010

I agree wholeheartedly with the Two Men and a Truck complaint. Not only that, but I also had the misfortune of using this company.

I'm not a person of a lot of words, so I'll be concise. They messed up the entire move. They were late. They scratched a lot of things up. Items were missing and they lied about the charges. As for customer service they don't even know the meaning of that phrase.

And, as knightpirate mentioned they do slander a lot of competitors online.

So I second the motion. "Two Men and A Truck are the WORLD'S WORST MOVERS."

• Pe
      8th of May, 2010

I agree with the Two Men and A Truck compaints wholeheartedly. Yet if you google in
    "World's Worst Movers" this site is at the top with a different mover??

HELLO! Two Mean and a Truck have nearly two hundred complaints on a site called Epinions and even here have the first complaint outnumbered. Who made that first complaint?? Obama??? We all know how honest Obama is. So if HE was the one who made that complaint "Master Movers" should be rated the BEST, not the worst!

Getting back to Two Men and a Truck they act like they're connected with Obama...as in acting like they'll get a bailout no matter how many customers they chase away.

People need to wake up and realize what's at stake here. "Customer Service" will become a phrase only heard in a history class, if we don't get our Capitalism back in our country.

To make a long story short, Two Men and a Truck totally screwed up my move. Their so-called customer service laughed when I complained and their corporate office ignored me.
    Find me a mover who is actually worse than Two Men and A Truck and you've just crossed over into the Twilight Zone.

Anyway, it's time for me to hop over to Epinions and add my complaint over there too.

• My
      16th of May, 2010

I posted a complaint against Two Men and A Truck yesterday, but I don't think it got published, so I'll try again. This is taking a lot of my time, but I think it's worth it. This poor excuse for a moving company has received at least several hundred complaints online. I don't think I've even seen rotten companies like Comcast or Bank of America get THAT MANY!

Anyway I had a terrible experience with Two Men and a Truck recently. Every problem imaginable. Unfortunately when I reported theft by this company to the local police it was obvious the department in this district was friends with the movers. They not only refused to take my report they made personal threats against me if I continued to pursue this issue.

Well, I feel it is my duty as a citizen to at least air my complaint online and warn others about this terrible company.

• Em
      17th of Jul, 2010

I will be polite and say my experience with Two Men and a Truck was VERY below average. I had to reschedule the move twice due to ONE truck that broke down. The move went too slowly, the movers were rude and customer service was not much help. There was also a few inexpensive items which I never found, but can't say for sure if they were stolen or just lost.

My biggest complaint against them, is LIBEL. Representatives from this company have been taking arrogance to the next level, by promoting their own company and saying really terrible things about their competitors on online message boards. Wouldn't be surprised if they're politicians. They sure acted like it.

• Su
      27th of Jul, 2010

I dealt with Two Men and a Truck in Oakville. They had my items in storage and lost everything. I had a two bedroom apartment of year old furniture and it disappeared. They have part-time employees who are transience. They were terrible. I would not recommend this company. I walked away with ome items but not all. They said the storage area is safe and locked up. I saw people walking around and doors open so anyone could take anything. Expensive items were taken from me. I furnished someone or somebodies home. This is a terrible franchise and there is no support from the Franchisor. The Canadian operation is far different from the American. The group in Canada need to live by the saying "I am always honest, positive and helping others." Unfortunately with my experience they do not. They are unethical. I have heard of many other complaints. Through investigating other customers I uncovered the following. 1. Destroyed walls when moving, ripped furniture, ripped light fixtures from ceiling, destroying elevators in apartments and the tenants had to pay for damage, theft, over charging and refusing to take items off the truck until was paid even though they overcharged. They are rude. Having training done in the states and looking at the Franchisor training program does not make them a good company. There is no follow-up from the Franchisor to the Franchisee.
    I would never use these organization again.

They lack professionalism from the Canadian Franchisor to the Franchisee in Oakville to the workers. You pay good money and moving is stressful as it is but to have unprofeesional people handling my items put more stress on me.

Buyer beware

• Za
      16th of Sep, 2014

I agree that Two Men and a Truck are the worst movers ever. I regret hiring Two Men and a Truck for our move and would discourage anyone else from hiring them, not so much because of what happened, but because of the extremely poor way they have handled it.We hired this company for a local move from Portland to West Linn. We had actually already done most of the moving ourselves, but we hired them for the big, heavy, and complicated stuff. We specifically put on the
    work order that we wanted them to pack up our electronics. When we got to our new place and unpacked our computer, the router and backup hard drive were missing. (So were several other items.) We called the company the next day to report this and to inquire if a box had been left on the truck, accidentally delivered elsewhere, whatever. They sent a manager to our new house to help look, but that didn't help. When my husband asked what happens next, "Gabe" said we should call the police! We had never once mentioned anything about theft, and we still don't believe that is what happened. We thought the moving crew were
    honest, hardworking guys and we still do. We have no desire to see anyone in jail.It is not unusual for items to be lost during a
    move, but this company has been horrible about dealing with it. "Gabe's" position went from "you must not have unpacked them yet" to "you must have packed them yourselves because we didn't" to "there never were a router and hard drive." They have stonewalled us with every telephone call: I had a 15-minute conversation with "Shane, " the head manager, last week, which went nowhere but concluded with him offering to call back last Friday. Friday came and went and no phone call. My husband called the company this morning and spoke to "Gabe" again and "Gabe" hung up on him! We emailed a complaint to the corporate office
    in Michigan and they also advised us to call the police! Why don't these people understand that this is a civil matter and they need to pay???? At this point we intend to pursue our complaint through the Oregon Department of Transportation and possibly the Attorney General's office. The Oregon Attorney General is investigating them.