Master Exterior and Design / Breach of Contract/Shoddy Workmanship/Shoddy Service

On May 20, 2007 we contracted Master Exterior
and Design to build a patio, retaining wall and fire pit in our back
yard. We have many complaints about the work that was done- however our major concern
is that they did not fulfill their contract by getting a building
permit and they built the retaining wall incorrectly and not to the
manufacturer''s specifications and now 2 months after the majority of the work
was complete the patio is sinking and breaking apart due to the shoddy
worksmanship. We have contacted the Vice President of Sales Charlie
Sullivan via certified letter and cc''d the CEO via certified letter- and
the company has yet to contact us regarding our situation and it has been two months. It has become a
safety issue for us.

Comments

• Sw
      5th of Apr, 2008

I would like to share with you a simiar experience we had with Master Exterior & Design.

Master Exterior & Design was scheduled to install our patio at the begining of August and did not come to our house until early October well after our scheduled installation appointment. Master Exterior & Design delivered the bricks ruining my lawn.

After briefly inspecting the bricks I noticed that all three types of bricks were the same color, eventhough, we contratcted the company to install three different types of bricks with three different colors - salmon, salmon-chesnut, and chesnut. I discontinued the installation service until I could reach anyone from the company who could fix the blaring error.

After several attempts to contact them we have yet to receive any correspondance from the company despite the fact that they have received and collected our deposit.

To date I still have piles of bricks that I did not order and have been unable to reach anyone to correct the material order and install them.

I am still looking to resolve my issues with Master Exterior & Design and would greatly appeciate any information you have regarding how you are resolving your issues with the company.

• Ha
      15th of Apr, 2008

Our windows were scheduled, cancelled, re-schedule, put in with 2 broken and 3 months later the job was finished. The manager was rude and the windows do not lock properly. I am NOT satisfied with the product or the customer service given by the higher ups in the company. Beware as they work under various other names also!!!