Massage Envy / misleading prices
Massage Envy advertises that you can be part of a "wellness program" and pay $39 each month for a massage. BUT as other posts have pointed out, you are locked into a one-year contract, unless you move where there are no clinics, or become medically unable to receive massages (with doctor's note). AND, what you are REALLY charged is $49 a month, which includes a massage and "fees". When my contract was coming due (and of course it will auto-renew unless you tell them way in advance you want to cancel) I asked what my options were because the contract states if you cancel your membership you lose unused massages. I was able to cash out six unused massages, but of course they didn't give me $49 times six, they gave me $39 times six. Then she tells me that going forward I'll pay the non-member rate for a massage (way more than $39). Also, they have a suggested tip sheet in the massage room, and it recommends what a 15% or 20% tip would be. It is based on the non-member rate, so you are told to pay an inflated amount for a tip.
What a WASTE OF MONEY! DO NOT SIGN UP FOR A CONTRACT WITH THIS COMPANY! The kicker is the technicians I have had have all been nice and give a decent massage. I'm sure they are not paid well, so at least I don't feel so bad about over-tipping.
More Massage Envy Complaints & Reviews
- Massage Envy - harassment 
- Massage Envy - account freeze / no refund cancellation 
- Massage Envy - asking for credit card over phone before services 
- Massage Envy - managerial corruption/sexual harassment 
- Massage Envy - fraud and scam 
- Massage Envy - Billing and Customer Service
- Massage Envy - unauthorizeed credit card charges
- Massage Envy - memberships??
- Massage Envy - I was discriminated against...
- Massage Envy - reimbursement for overcharge...