Massage Envy / fraud and scam
I treated myself to a massage at the local Massage Envy because it was close to my house last January. There was another woman who was waiting and while the both of us were checking in, the sales pitch started. The employee said that the membership guaranteed a massage every month, but NEVER said that you couldn't cancel the membership in the first year. The employee never said that it would be a pain to cancel or that you were locked in, nothing. It is a TOTAL SCAM! She just went on and on about how great it is and what a treat for yourself, blah, blah, blah...
Then the woman customer and the employee got into a conversation, so I read over the contract and I SWEAR I don't remember reading in the fine print that you can't cancel in the first year. So like an idiot, I signed up and here I am. Stuck with a lame membership I don't want for bad massages I can't afford. So I called and asked what I needed to do to cancel, and they said I couldn't cancel until my year was up. I argued with the peon on the phone then asked to speak to the manager, but they wouldn't let me. Finally I put my account on hold for six months.
Now the six months is up and I am at it again arguing with Massage Envy about canceling my FRAUD membership. I have changed my credit card number so at least they can't charge my card anymore and I have written them a cancellation letter, but they are being total jerks about it and I am afraid that they will hurt my credit. I have also contacted the BBB, but I am surprised that Massage Envy is being so rigid about a customer that hates them so much. What a horrible, horrible company. DON'T EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM! THEY ARE THE WORST COMPANY!!!
More Massage Envy Complaints & Reviews
- Massage Envy - misleading prices 
- Massage Envy - harassment 
- Massage Envy - account freeze / no refund cancellation 
- Massage Envy - asking for credit card over phone before services 
- Massage Envy - managerial corruption/sexual harassment 
- Massage Envy - Management
- Massage Envy - unethical behavior, bad management
- Massage Envy - membership and card use not authorized
- Massage Envy - experience I received at your st george location this morning
- Massage Envy - appointment cancelled