Massachusetts Health Connectorcustomer service and not getting accurate information

I Oct 20, 2018 Review updated:

To whom it may concern:
My name is Ilonka M Espaillat I applied for commonwealth health connector on line in June 2018 when I switched jobs and my current employer does not offer any benefits it is a Home Care Agency of private clients. I want to be in compliance with law to have insurance plus I am a woman that has health issues including Sleep Apnea, Type 2 diabetic not insulin dependent, hypertension, hormonal disbalances including Polycistic Ovary syndrome and cyst in my kidney, Iriitable bowel syndrome, asthma, seasonal allergies, anxiety and maybe a few more like Migraine so now that I've listed my health issues in why I need to have medical insurance and have been paying and willing to pay and have not have health insurance is my question???
I was doing well with Boston Medical and the Delta dental until I saw one of my specialist and he's not a participant so they said if I switch to Tufts or another plan which I can't recall now the name the specialist could see me so I called to switch. It was around due date in July for my insurance payment the 22nd so I tried to pay the extra $10.00 the representative said it will cost extra and wasn't able to online be. I was told August 1st I will have Tufts so I was content and figure I will get billed for difference but I did get bill $72.00 I think it was for deductible that I was never told was going to be charged for so I paid it than I get a bill for $136.00 paid it than beginning of August I get another bill for $222.00 I paid it I called to see why I had not received my insurance card and why am I charged every month more and more???
I got an answer saying I only paid you Artis payments, I pay online through the portal. I was even told I will not have insurance for the month of September because they didn't get my payment so one month no insurance for my refills of medicine had to see dentist for root canal issues needed antibiotic that cost $35.00 call again to tell Heskth connectors of my hours and income to see what can be done. They lowered my plan based on question scanning if income. (Great!) I went from 40-47 hours a week to 19, 29, 31! depends. I can provide proof I am a USA citizen that has never abused the system I am honest pay my taxes, hard worker that has had 2 jobs most of my life. I am in a job that hours fluctuate because if clients die or go to hospice house I loose my hours so is not my choice but while I get another job I have called and even asked, cried on phone to have health insurance. I have borrowed money to pay my insurance was told I had a $219.00 Credit yet my insurance is in an inactive state if I don't pay $62.00 before the 23rd I can't have insurance in November so it will be 3 months without insurance had to cancel my physical with my doctor need other test for other health reasons!
What is it going to take???
Should I get so sick that I have a heart attack or have a panic attack and get billed for services with no health insurance as if I was an illegal immigrant or a criminal or something???
What do you need from me I don't have the $62.00 dollars but I will borrow it from someone but I can't even do it online tried it says I have a credit but in billing I was told until I pay the $62 I won't have insurance and if lady 23 RD than $72.00 awesome.
I'm paying for insurance that's not active and I still don't have a card or anything I called Tufts I'm not even in they're system I'm non existent to them just beautiful because Commonwealth health connector has not switched over for me to have insurance just awesome. I can't pay online, Associatecant take payment over phone I have a status of hold so I supposedly have insurance but I don't. How will you feel if that happened to you??? To your mom or someone you know??? I am honest I have proof and pay stub proof and it takes me nowhere!
You have the most inaducate personnel at Health connector they put you on hold for like 20 minutes than you get a different answer from each associate! Is there no notes of what is done on a call? How can so many associates have different answers and not help??? Am I being disciminated because of my income or punished for switching plans??? Am I not taken serious because I'm Hispanic/ Latin??? Should I file with health board or let attorney General know about this and congress???
I'm an educated adult I have been to college and my present situation is not permanent trust me when I get a full time job that offers health insurance you'll be the 1st to know because I don't even want to keep stressing about Commonwealth health connector as you are all a very disorganized and discriminatory government agency!

Thank you in Advance for your attention to this matter,

Ilonka M Espaillat
10/18/1973
SS# [protected]
Cell [protected]
Address: 63 Stratham St
Lowell, MA 01852

• N
      Jun 13, 2019

I'm in agreement that the staff doesn't know what's going on.

Further, they won't direct you to people who do know what's going on. They will direct you to an appeal process, which takes several weeks, which is enough time for you to go broke from uncovered medical bills, or die from untreated conditions. Further, I presume the appeal process will involve people who also don't know what's going on.)

(There are, in fact, people who do know what's going on. It's the Health Connector ombudsman staff. They respond in a few days, and corrected inaccurate information that I was getting. I suggest everyone go to the ombudsman staff at first appearance of a problem. They have an on-line form.)