Mason Puppy Trax / Terrible scam!

1 30559 Mulberry Rd,Stark City, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 417-850-4165

I purchased a silky terrier puppy from Tim Mason (Mason Puppy Trax), Stark City, Mo. This was before I knew about puppy mills and parvovirus. Within five days of receiving the puppy, I had to rush him to the vet hospital because he was deathly ill from parvovirus. Given the incubation period of the disease, it was clear the puppy had been sent infected. I notified the owner, Tim Mason that the puppy was deathly ill and was sent infected. His answer - these things happen I will do the right thing. It costs over $10,000 to keep the puppy alive and Mr. Mason refunded my $400 and did not offer any money towards the vet bill. Even the vets thought he would give me some 'hush money'. There is little I can do legally given he lives in Mo and I live in Washington, DC.

Informing others not to purchase puppies from him so they do not experience the same emotional and financial border is all I can do.

Va

Comments

Ba
  16th of Sep, 2008

/URL removed/

Em
  31st of Dec, 2010

This also happened to a friend of mine. Unfortunetly she lost her little one. And they did NOTHING to help her! DO NOT SUPPORT PUPPY MILLS! BEWARE OF WHAT YOU ARE SUPPORTING! THESE PEOPLE ARE DISCUSTING!

Us
  7th of Jan, 2011

PARVO IS A TERRIBLE DISEASE THAT CAN INFECT ANY DOG. IF THE DOG WAS FINE WHEN YOU RECEIVED IT, HOW COULD THE BREEDER KNOW IT WAS INFECTED? DID HE GIVE SHOTS? I HOPE THAT YOU WOULDNT TAKE A PUP WITHOUT UP TO DATE SHOT RECORDS. THE VET THAT SAID YOU SHOULD GET HUSH MONEY IS NOT QUITE ETHICAL. DOES HE PAY OUT HUSH MONEY WHEN HE GIVES INNOCULATIONS AND THE PUP STILL GETS SICK? THEY ARE NOT 100 PERCENT EFFECTIVE IN PREVENTION. IT WOULD BE FOOLISH NOT TO INNOCULATE BECAUSE CHANCES ARE GOOD TO THE PUP'S SIDE TO STAY HEALTHY.

Ma
  18th of Mar, 2012
Agree Disagree +1 Votes

i got a puppy from him and had no issues with the puppy he is now almost 3 years old and i have never had any problems and i got my little boy in 2009 and he is as happy and healthy as can be