MashCole Property Management / Security Deposit Refund

1 1530 N. Poinsettia PlaceWest Hollywood, CA, United States Review updated:

During the last two months While I was a tenant at Poinsettia Apts, a new management company (MASHCOLE)was hired to run the building: they are the absolute worst!!
Needless to say, I (legally) broke my lease and moved out. I have yet to receive my security deposit (minus June's rent naturally..fair is fair. I broke the lease so I owed them a months rent)

Long story short, Prior to leaving, I had given notarized letters to the manager regarding my moving out and also my remainder of my security deposit refund expectations since my apt was beyond immaculate when I moved out(*i have photos for proof)_My letters were ignored which has led me to go a step further and pursue legal action against MASHCOLE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT.

*****I forgot to mention that while I was still residing there, management proceeded to illegally attempt to enter my apartment more than 2x's without my permission and without 24hrs notice.
They are very shady and I advise everyone to STAY AWAY from any apartments they are managing.

More MashCole Property Management Complaints & Reviews

Comments

Sy
  29th of Jul, 2009

How did you try first to contact them? Did you go through the leasing agent first, and then to the company itself? I'm having trouble getting an answer from anyone and would appreciate any help you can offer.

Cheers,
Sylvia

Hi
  12th of Aug, 2009

I to rent an apartment ran by Mashcole (Rosemead Place apts) and Im so angry too. I do not want to break my lease as I only have 2 months left but they are horiable.

Ba
  20th of May, 2010

I rented an apartment in Redondo Beach (2312 Vanderbilt Lane, Redondo Beach, CA) and the landlord was very unprofessional. I would have to make multiple requests to have repairs done. When repairs were done they were not done properly and had to be repaired on a regular basis. When I moved out I notified the landlord 4 weeks in advance that I would like to schedule a final walk through with both she and I present. The night before the scheduled walk through she leaves a message and says she'll send her friend to do the walk through. The morning of the walk through her friend was no where to be found and I was not able to get a hold of the landlord. The friend eventually sent another friend to collect the keys from me and walked quickly through the apartment. She didn't even work for the company! When I requested my security deposit and itemized letter with the deductions the landlord said she mailed it out on April 25th, it is now May 20th and I still have not received my check. She also double charged me for carpet cleaning and charged me for blinds that she claims I broke. I let her know that everything was in working order and I not only had a witness but also pictures to prove my point. She then said she would refund me the additional charges. I am still waiting for my check to be sent. DO NOT trust Maschole Property Management.

Jk
  5th of May, 2011

I recently moved out from there property in Long beach. It was a horrible experience..the apt was so loud from the traffic on ocean blvd. I could never get an answer or a phone call. I moved out and they had rented my apartment before I moved out. I agreed to move out early and they said I would have my securtiy deposit within 21 days. It is now May 5th and I moved out the end of march...I call Anna everyday in the office but get no response or a call back...not honest people at all.

Ma
  9th of Dec, 2011

I'm another unhappy Mashcole victim. It's like they hire ###ed monkeys. I'm so aggravated I'm writing a letter to their President and the owner of my building. I've had some interesting landlords in LA but I'm in awe of this level of incompetence. My manager Greg never returns calls or emails for 24 hours (if then) even when it's a real emergency. When he does return the call he always says someone is on their way. The last 4 times he's promised someone was on their way they didn't show up. The plumber, the exterminator, the handyman & the electrician were all supposed to "be on their way" but never show up! He's a liar & Mashcole is the worst of the worst.

Bl
  10th of Mar, 2015

I'm going through the same situation bad management I don't know who to report this need to contact someone urgent.. There trying to evicted us just cause I was late on my rent for the first time only 7 days later omg

Co
  29th of Aug, 2016

We all need to call the DOC. Ana managing our place is a liar and came into our apt taking photos without permission said on the notice I still have... they are checking for termites. Our rent is current. She cannot treat us..if we are not Spanish speaking like trash. The laundry room flooded twice ruining our furniture and she still raised the rent. She is a shady one. And has the maintenance guy (who used to be cool people) following her like a puppy dog lil ###. Ana never comes to work most likely gets paid for the entire week except for their Tuesday corporate meeting. Maybe Thursdays only, yet José puts up the office sign' Will Return At 2pm.' She had her office remodeled twice in 2 years but refuses to pay the landscapers. We have 2 garbage cans for 20+ units. There is garbage all in the parking area. The laundry room flooded and ran into our bedroom soaking the furniture, carpets..a.. mattresses.'.. Hana has not been fixed. The holes in the flooring. Yet she still raised our rent. $1700 for under 500 square feet
sitting on a septic tank and ### roach infested from the tank over flowing 3 years ago. We have lived here 7.