Marys Wash House / Terrible experience

1 United States

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY... I ordered a coat rack online which was misrepresented in their advertising as having "Brass Plated Hooks" but the item came with VERY FLIMSY PLASTIC balls for hooks. A couple of the plastic balls broke when we assembled the coat rack. We glued them back together, but the plastic continues to break on several of the plastic balls. To assemble the coat rack, we were to press the balls onto the metal arms. When pressed, the plastic fins inside the balls collapsed and broke. This causes the balls to barely "hang" onto the rack and they fell off easily. Although the coat rack was misrepresented, I asked the company to send me replacement balls for those that broke. After ignoring my complaint for a month, the company responded that "All claims for defective merchandise must be made within 48 hours. If the item requires assembly and assembly has been attempted, it will not be covered. Imperfections and defects are not reasons for returning merchandise." HOW ABSURD!!! When I questioned the policy, their response was, "We do this to protect ourselves against customers trying to do just as you are." I am protesting the charges with my credit card company in hopes that they can help!

Ra