MARUTI UDYOG Swift DZiRE Petrol Delivery / Delay in Delivery

1 India Review updated:

I have booked a Maruti Swift DZiRE VXI Petrol on 31/03/2008. I was promised by the dealer that the delivery of the car would be 15 days. Now it has already been 26 days and I am told that I will have to wait another 30+ days for the delivery. Can you please apprise me of the status against my booking ID : SOB [protected] so that I am made aware if there is a genuine production problem (from Maruti Udyog) or I am just being taken for a ride while my car must have been passed on for a premium by the DSA or the Dealer. In the event of booking the DZiRE, I have availed of Maruti exchange, which means that I already sold of my current Maruti Zen that I owned (since delivery was promised to me in 15 days). Now I am currently having a lot of hardship since I currently have no car at my disposal, while I have to travel a long distance to my clinic.

I was surprised to learn from the dealer that Maruti production schedules are not as per targeted and that production ratio of Diesel models to petrol is at 85%:15%.

I not sure how Maruti Udyog, which is the market leader in automobile and has proved so at every step by introducing new models and variants, is unable to deliver vehicle in time that are booked by your loyal customers.

Requesting Maruti Udyog to please revert to me on the status of my booking ID: SOB [protected] so that I am also aware on the date of the delivery and to ensure there is no foul play by the intermediaries.

I also want to know if there is an on-line system (besides the toll free nos. which are of no help really) to check allotments/delivery status?? How do I get a clear picture on the status of my vehicle.

Waiting in Anticipation for resolution.

Comments

• Sg
      3rd of May, 2008

Booked Dzire ZDI 28.03.2008, revised delivery schedule - 30.06.2008

• Ra
      5th of May, 2008

Maruti Suzuki is a junk company. They don't even care for there customers. they wanted to pramote the SX4 so they are doing all these drama's. i am canceling my booking for this car.

• Gi
      5th of May, 2008

Shame on you suzuki shame!!
    what do you think of yourself . customers are running your company.
    if don't take of customers they will definiltly going to kick you.

• Su
      5th of May, 2008

In bangalore dealers are not aware of how many vehicles they are getting.
    they are cheating the customers.
    espacially RNS motors at yeshwantpur is taking Rs 100000 for the booking for the car which they
    don't know when they are not getting.

worst is coming to suzuki india.

• Bh
      5th of May, 2008

I bookd a dezire VXI on April 14th and was promised delivery on May 1st week.
    But not I'm being told that the delivery would be only in August or Sept due to delay in production of Dzire !!!
    Crazy stuff...

7th of May, 2008

I am also among one of the similar customers who have booked Dzire VXi and suffering with the non committal attitude of MUL and their dealers. We should quit Maruti Suzuki vehicles.

7th of May, 2008

I am also among the the similar customers who have booked Dzire VXi and suffering with the non committal attitude of MUL and their dealers. Maruti and theri dealer are just cheating customer. They should be taken to court.

• As
      7th of May, 2008

Booked a dzire Vxi on 29th March... and yet have no committed date. Dealer says I am welcome to do whatever I want and he would be glad to cancel my booking as he is helpless and has no role to play.

Wonder how the hell is Maruti Suzuki surviving in these times. I really must say they have very poor competitors who still can't seem to get their own act together.
    I would have gone for any other car had I had a similar option.

Maruti has a good product.. but is the pits in terms of handling customers... wonder how they still manage to win customer service awards. Pre-sales is really bad.

Can't figure out what should I do???

• Sh
      8th of May, 2008

How can Maruti Suzuki do this?. We booked Dzire (Diesel)in first week of April and was prmised to get within one month. Now they want us to wait for another 2 month or so.

Dealers want premium of more than 30K for early possession. Is this Maruti or the dealers... whatever... but they are cheating us... !!!

• Sh
      12th of May, 2008

curstomers have to kick maruti suzuki and it dealers for their attitude,
    i canceled my booking and getting my new logon in a week.

15th of May, 2008

Maruti suzuki is one of the hopeless firms in india.
    lets cancel all our bookings togeather!
    with this this company should learn a lesson.

• De
      17th of May, 2008

JUST CANCEL YOUR BOOKINGS AND BOYCOTT MARUTI

17th of May, 2008

I agree to the grievances mentioned above by the netizens.I have just moved to Bangalore a month back and struggling to commute because I donot have a car.

When I moved to this city I gave away my old car(Alto) and booked dzire(on12th April).I have been following up since then but to no avail.

It is very clear that the company is trying to promote SX4 and hence purposely have reduced the manufacture of Dzire.It is absolutely unacceptable from a company like Maruti.

But then can we do something...someone paying heed to all the grief that they have caused...

18th of May, 2008

Yes Nilesh,

I also booked dzire but no status update till now after nearly 40 days of booking.
    company wanted to make customers look in to other options like SX4 and zen estilo.
    if they give dzire in time then why people will purchase sx4 zdi has almost all feature of sx4 .

I am getting blank call from maruti people when i lift the phone the song little boxes little boxes of zen estilo ad is heard over phone no body talks.

ITS CLEAR UNDERSTANDING THA T MARUTI IS TRYING TO ENFORCE OTHER VEHICLES OF ITS MAKE ON CUSTOMERS WHO HAVE BOOKED DZIRE. BECAUSE OF THIS MARUTI IS PLAYING A DRAMA
    WITH CUSTOMERS.

regards
    nitin

• Vi
      19th of May, 2008

I think MUL feels they can do what ever they want, hence they have this attitude towards there customers. I would like to highlight that MUL is not the only option left out for customers just wait and watch what is going to happen down the lane if they dont change there attitude. Even I have booked dzire VXI the dealers RNS Motors are collecting 1Lakh when compared to others they are collecting 50 k more, but still they do not have any commitment towards the customers. It is a pathetic sitution after paying your hard earned money we need to run like dogs behind these people. I feel Hyundai Accent or logan would be a good alternate when compared to Dzire VXI. I shall wait till the end of this month if they dont promise me any thing and take these guys consumer forum for cheating us and collecting the money without any guarentee. If every one does the same then they might learn a leason.

• Ab
      19th of May, 2008

Introductory price has finally turned out to be, truely and convincingly, a fraud by Maruti. This fraud is now complete with increase in price from today, without delivering anyhardly cars in market. Can you beleive that mine is first booking in 2nd largest town of Karnataka and I am yet not delivered the car?. And now this price hike and withdrawal of introductory price. Thats a clear cut, right in your eyes, broad, shameful, cunning, daylight robberycheatingfraud. My blood boils with the thought of being victim to this 3rd grade trick of MSIL. Pray god that this company sees its doom soon... what else can a frustrated soul think of other than vengence???

• Pr
      20th of May, 2008

I dont think even a single Dzire petrol version is there in market and all these comment made by Maruti ppl are just to cheat us, Honestly speaking there is no Introductory price given by MSIL becoz we can see some who booked on day 1 had not recvd yet.

• Sc
      22nd of May, 2008

I booked VDI on May 5th at sagar Bangalore...still no news from maruti...people at least IN BANGALORE...WE ALL CAN COMBINES OUR RESOURCES AND MOVE TO THE COURT AGAINST MSIL PRACTICES...PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SUCH I AM MOVING THE COURT NOW...MSIL IS A CHEAT.

• Sc
      22nd of May, 2008

PLEASE READ MY EARLIER COMMENT AND CORRECT THE FOLLOWING :

I actually booked the car on 5th APRIL and not 5th May.

MARUTI SUZUKI IS A CHEAT...FIGHT IT.

• Ak
      27th of May, 2008

I bookd dzire zdi on 30tg march
    actually 1st dzir s delivered had engine as well as stability problems.so manufacture was stoped
    latest information is that with revised engine and slight dzign changes manufacture started 2 days back
    anyway shame on marui.they shd have done this bfore launch
    nowtht i have waited i hope f getting a better dzire