Maruti Udyog Limited / deceptive business practices!

1 India Review updated:

My name is Anish Agarwal and I am writing this complaint with reference to a Maruti Esteem VXI purchased from SAYA AUTOMOBILES, New Delhi.

Complaint Details:

On 6th September 2006, I had booked a Maruti Esteem VXI. As per the final agreement, the dealer offered a final vehicle price of Rs.5, 10,000.00 (including accessories) out of which I had paid Rs.1,50,000.00 as down payment.

The vehicle was delivered on 29th September 2006 along with all promised accessories with an affirmation that the Registration Certificate (Smart Card) shall be delivered within 45 days of the delivery date. However the dealer didn't provide us with an Invoice and a no-dues certificate. Said the same shall be delivered with Registration Certificate (RC).

We didn't receive the RC within 45 days. When contacted the dealer, were told that we owe certain amount towards the vehicle and need to pay the outstanding amount so as to obtain the RC. We asked the dealer about the breakup of the charges which he failed to submit. After much follow-up and escalating the complaint at Maruti Helpline (complaint ref # 324285) the dealer released the RC on 27 th December 2006.

Following on, the dealer has not yet issued us the Vehicle Invoice and a No Dues certificate. The Invoice presented by the dealer mentioned an amount of Rs. 5, 38, 000.00 which we refused to accept due to the price difference of Rs 28,000.00 as against the payment of Rs.5, 10,000.00 paid towards the vehicle.

According to the dealer, the sales executive who had handled the deal left the dealership in Nov 2006 and the same was informed to general public by the dealer by means of an article in Hindustan Times dated 14 November 2006.

We did explain to the dealer that the price difference featuring in the Invoice is the discount offered to us and should be accordingly substituted in the Invoice. However, instead the dealer wants us to write a letter mentioning that the price difference of Rs. 28, 000.00 was paid in cash to the dealing executive and he in turn has not deposited the amount at the dealer cash counter. This is not true and we have declined to write any such letter.

I had tried to call your New Delhi Regional Office at Connaught Place on the numbers provided to me by Maruti Helpline. But not even a single I have received an affirmative response about how to proceed or what steps should be take. Have also written a letter to Mr. Jagdish Khattar (MD, Maruti Udyog Limited) but no response has been received so far.

The following points are noteworthy:

· Why didn't the dealer issue the Invoice at the time of the vehicle delivery?
· The dealer has issued us Vehicle Gate Pass which establishes that the dealer is satisfied with the transaction and there are no dues towards the vehicle.
· If dealer wasn't satisfied with the deal, why was no objection raised between 6 th September 2006 till the date of complaint.
· Also, the dealer mentions the they have terminated the sales executive for some reasons and have published a press release – Why didn't the dealer co-ordinate the task of calling the customers whose files were handled by this executive

I have already called the dealer more than 10 times and have spoken to its General Manager but with no luck. I have recordings of few conversations which should establish the fact the dealer has always been reluctant about issuing important documents like RC, Invoice and No dues certificate.

Many Thanks

Comments

• Gi
      20th of Sep, 2007

i have booked swift diesel vdi (abs) on 11/8/2007 from amar cars pvt. ltd baroda authorised dealer of maruti udhyog ltd. (0265-2291500,01) and as per dealer the car was suppose to be delivered after 4 wks but havent got the delivery yet, what is the problem and the reasons for the delay.
    when asked to dealer he is blaming the company for the delay. and if he is right i must say the company is not professional and they should stop writing COUNT ON US.
    I have lot more to write but for now i just expect that you ll get back to me and assist solving this matter.
    thank you.

• Ra
      19th of Feb, 2008

I have got my car (ZEN model2003) serviced at Berkeley Automobile phase II Ihave Cahndigarh on 25/01/2008. I have carried oil and filter along with me. But service manager has refused to accept the oil and filter. because it is compulsory to buy the supplied by the service station. I would like to tell you that I have using CASTROL MAGNATIC engine oil since first free service. So i would like to know that is it necessory to buy oil supplied by the service station. So I had to go to unauthorised shop for changing oil. I have written to your regional office also but I am sorry to say that brought no rrsponse.

Yours truelly
    Ravinder Nath
    #3249 Sect 15 D
    Chandigarh

• Ak
      13th of Mar, 2008

Hi,

I have booked Maruti Swift (LXI) ON 3rd Feb 2008..at competent Automobiles in Central Mkt. At the time of the booking i have been told that will get the delievery in 3 weeks..After that again when i called to confirm again i got a new date..i.e 5 march 2008.and this time they surely said that will get the car..

Till now i havnt recieved the delievery of the car..and even the dealer is not sure when they can give the delievery. They just said that this car is in waitin... i dont understand HOW MUCH SHOULD A CUSTOMER WAIT..

I just want that my concern will be resolved..!!

Thanks.!!

• Am
      23rd of Apr, 2008

An Appeal - Pls. Guys Stop Purchasing Maruti

Now a Days Maruti is worst company, which i have seen inmy life more over i will not hesitate to say it as worst than public sector org.

1) This company always talk about Customer satisfaction but don't Know its definition actually.

2) Sure Maruti is Enjoying its 13% + Growth, that is why it doesn’t effect if 2/3 % customers cat. they loose .

3) Dealers are worst than local (can’t write here) as they have no prob. to retain customers as demand is very high. (Always ready to say lena hai to nahi to jao)

4) Dealer made their own rules.(Like sahookars)

5) Any time Maruti not respond any time or not in whole life for aam aadmi problems./RO nobody presents on seats either they are always busy in meetings or dealer visits .
    (Sorry it’s a use less effort)

6) Powerful persons can buy any time maruti even without advance booking even directly from maruti factory . (Same Day any model)

More over its is begg. even after spend lakhs of ruppes .

If this happens this company will be shut down in 10 years.

But we are common person like a dog who always bark..

Atleast I’ll not buy my next car from maruti in future (Rest depends on other ppls. But no doubt soon they will realize ) Hindustan me bheed chal hai)

(I wish I can publish it in news paper as I have community of ppls. With me of similar problems ) but it’ll take time as papers deny as maruti is biggest advertised with them/// wht a myth

Cheers ...

Best Regars,
    Mamuli Aadmi

19th of May, 2008

Sir,
    This is in reference with the Maruit WagonR-VXI Car which i have purchased on Sepetember 06 from Alpha Automobiles Faridabad.
    During the time of purchase there were lot of promises which Alpha has given to me like.

-As i told them that there would be litt delay in the Servicing the Car as i will be travelling abroad most of the time.
    They told me that no problems you will get your Free three services when ever you want and also will give me 4th service as Free.
    As Alpha is closed down i went to the service station of VIPUL Motors Faridabad.They treated me a step brother and told me that they will charge for the 3rd service

-They had charged Rs 2500/- for the Black Rubber coat paint for 5 Years.
    As Alpha is closed down now who will fulfill this.

There are lot more problems which are not been resolved by the Engineers..

Thanks
    Manoj

• Ra
      20th of May, 2008

Dear Sir,

My esteem car has extended warranty of 4 yrs.Power antenna fallen down while running the car.So I have asked the maruti dealer to replcae this during servicng.But he refused to do so.Please check the matter as I am facing a huge trouble from 2-3 months.I am trying to find the right person to lodge ny complaint.I request you to do the needful and rais my query to concerned person also.

Rahul

19th of Jun, 2008

DEAR MANAGER,

My name is Harpreet Singh working with Max New York life as a manager.

Recently i had bought a maruti swift on 17 nov from rohan motors.at the time of delivery your
    Employee Mr. Ranjeet singh who is working as a sales representative in rohan motors told me me to pay a down payment of Rs.95000/ including
    Insurance, at that time i paid him the full amount and take away the car.
    After few months in April med your employee mr ranjeet singh called me and told me that i had to pay 1 EMI to rohan motors again as rohan motors had got one EMI
    Shor t from the bank.
    Then i questioned mr ranjeet that why this emi comes so late after 4 months you are telling me to give 9250/ rs imm, i asked him to give me the details
    of my track or something else like any proff to whether i had to pay this or not then he told me to ask from the bank,
    then i went to my bank and i did'nt got any clear situation from them, then i again came to mr ranjeet and asked for the clarifications, he refused and told me
    that if you will not pay this amount it will be deducted from my salary, ther i got some trust on him and paid the emi to ranjeet, he give me a computer
    Generated word sheet where it was written that payment given to rohan motors.
    when i saw that slip i found that it was really very different from the orignal recipts of rohan motors which i had receive earlier.
    i didn’t asked anything and went to my work.
    Few days ago again this gentleman called me up and told me that there is some 1000/ rs again balanced from my side, i asked him what the hell your services
    are there, on daily basis you are coming here and asking me for some amount of money then he keep silent, then i told him to not to call today and tomorrow as iam very busy in office
    After that i will pay you the amount, then again on same night he again called me up and said pl give this
    Amount otherwise this will again stuck from my salary, i got frustated and told him this is not the right time its already 10:00pm
    better to call me tomorow, he refused and started shouting that u have to give this amount feel so embarrassed that for only rs 1000 he is calling me and shouting on me i
    imm. cut my phone, that night he called me twice and thrice but i didn’t pick the ph.
    next day in evening he come to my home when i was not there and he again he done the same thing with my old mother, but my mom didn’t pay and when i came back she
    Was having a low BP.
    then i called him and asked why you had come to my home then he again talk very badly, then i told him not to call me now i will discuss all these
    things from your head office and from maruti.

Now please clarify me that whether that payment which I had paid was true or not.
    And please take some actions on your customer services.

My car registration number is UK-07-V-3285 SWIFT-LDI-WHITE COLOUR

kindly take this complaint on a high priority basis.

thanks

M/s Maruti Suzuki India Limited,
    Palm Gurgaon Road,
    Gurgaon-122015.

Ref:- Invoice No: 24234, Dt: 12.05.2008 by your dealer M/s Orbit
    Motors Pvt. Ltd., Civil Township, Rourkela-769004.

I am to draw your kind attention that I have purchased Maruti Swift LDI in my son’s name. The vehicle was taken delivery on 26.03.2008 after discussion held with Mr. Barik & Mr. Dua with a condition that our Banker will pay by 21.04.2008 and not before that.

Unfortunately our Banker delayed the matter and finally we paid the amount on 17.05.2008. When we approached for Registration of vehicle the dealer claimed interest Rs.8806 /- from date of delivery as we have failed to pay within the month of April and refused to make Regn. unless the amount is paid. Since their MD Mr. Dua was away to Germany; after much persuation and approaching Mr. Barik on daily basis on 28th May they agreed to make Regn after receiving post dated cheque for Rs.8806 /-. In this connection we want to state that: -

1. While discussion that payment will be made by 21.04.2008 neither Mr. Barik, nor Mr. Dua specifically told the undersigned that if you fail to pay in time interest will be charged from day one only. They claim we should have read challan signed by us while taking delivery.

2. Any benefit given to consumer cannot be withdrawn under any pretest or circumstances

3. For delay beyond our commitment we readily agreed to pay interest.

4. We requested the dealer to make Regn without delay and retain the documents with them and once your MD is available, we shall settle the matter and take all papers. Request was turned down and adopting such coercive measures is painful and we strougly protest for the same.

5. We protest interest charged from day one as illegal and beyond law; hence, request and demand refund of excess interest charged.

After return of Mr. Dua when the undersigned met him with a request to charge interest for delay beyond agreed date; his way of talking, body language totally changed and has uttered many unwanted words which we never expected from Mr. Dua and instead simply he could have turndedown our request. I have taken the whole episode in bad taste and is really painful that a man of his stature could change his attitude so drastically. Since; we live in same locality a common friend is witness to the whole episode.

I am using solely Maruti Cars only since 1992 as apart from Swift purchased now. I am holding the following cars in name of :-

(1) S.K Jain Maruti 800 Car no: WB-02-6510
    (2) Gaurav Jain ______do_____ Car no: OR-14F-6441
    (3) Sushila Jain ______do_____ Car no: OR-14N-1541

being purchased from M/s Orbit only.

May be this episode will change our mind to shift our loyalty to some other brand.

If the matter is not sorted our amicably, our refund claim awaits legal follow up.

Thanking You,

Cell No: 09437038901.

• Ba
      14th of Aug, 2008

Dear Shri

I have purchased a Esteem VXI model in March, 2007. During this monsoon car was parked at outside the home. There was more water on the road up to the level of some more than bottom portion of the door. I found that water was coming inside from the fixed panel which is part of the fixed body which touches at the door's bottom portion. This panel is the portion between floor and door's bottom portion.

I have removed the mate from bottom and take the car at Amar Motors Pvt. Ltd. as Bardoa (Gujarat) showroom which is a well known and big showroom in Baroda (Gujarat).

With my surprise technician told that it is normal matter and water should come inside from that panel. I told what is the reason to leave gap for water to come inside when door are tightly fitted and floor has been closed with rubber bush. They don't know the reason.

This is the manufacturing defect of the Maruti Udyog Ltd. Quality check has not been done properly.

I found lot of car having this complain on the day at showroom. No senior man was there to explain the solution to customer.

This is the real present position of Maruti quality and service at show rooms.

Regards

BBPatel

• Pr
      1st of Sep, 2008

Sai Service Station, Deccan Gymkhana, Pune.

Issue: My Maruti Wagon - R was given for general service and there was not a single fault in vehicle while giving for

servicing. Post servicing I checked the vehicle in which observed that the car was not working properly for 2nd and

3rd gear. It was totally stopped on one signal which was about 8 kms from service station post delivery. When called

service station, two mechanics came on site and observed the car saying that the car "inductors" needs to be replaced

and they are not working. I was surprised to get this reply because before giving car for servicing it was working

absolutely fine. They told me to replace the "inductors" which costed me extra for Rs. 3700/- (1800/- for each) which

was adhoc and unnessecery expenditure for me.

I want to do complaint of this service station because before giving my car to service station it was absolutely

working fine with no such problem.

Need to investigate why it has happened.

Claim: Need to have return money Rs. 3700/- which was asked on adhoc basis for replacement of these engine "inductors"

3rd of Sep, 2008

Dear Sir,

I got one Swift Dzire booked at a Dealer in meerut viz. Rajsneh Auto India Pvt. Ltd. said booking was done in the month of July 2008 and it was told to them that it is to be given as a marriage gift so make sure that the delivery does not gets delay and last to be 28th of August.
    later we were communicated that the expected date is 3rd or 4th of September. As the date on which the gift was to be given is 5th of september hence we still got agreed. But today on 3rd of September Mr. Manoj Kumar, Sales manager gave us a call saying it will not be possible to arrange the delivery.
    They have already banked INR 5, 35, 000/- . Please take some corrective action at the ealiest.

Booking details :
    Booking Name : Munmun Bharti, w/o Harit Setia
    Contact No. : 09936105508.

with due regards...
    Harit Setia

• Ka
      3rd of Sep, 2008

Dear Sir,

First I would like to introduce myself; I am Kailash Mudliar working with well known electronic retail company as commercial head for m.p.

I have purchased Maruti omni one year back on 31.07.07 from your dealer Patel Motors and felt very proud to become a member of MARUTI FAMILY; now I am forced to make complaint, since I am not satisfied with the service provided by the Dealer in last one month; they are well in reminding to the customer for the due dates for servicing & insurance. But the service which they are providing is very pathetic.

Since my third servicing was due so I had given my vehicle to Patel motors on 26.07.08 for just routine servicing. When I had taken the delivery of the vehicle I noticed that the door of driver side is not locking properly which I informed to the dealer, to rectify the problem the dealer had sent there technician to my residence; he has bent the door with hands and informed me that the problem has been rectified and I also felt that time the door was looking properly, but when I went for drive I noticed that the problem is still there which once again I informed to the dealer.

Again on 13.08.08 when I had given vehicle for washing, I informed the service supervisor to check the problem, but when I went to service center in the evening to take the delivery of the vehicle I found that the problem was not rectified and even not attended, when I enquired with the service supervisor then only he called a mechanic to rectify the problem, immediately mechanic brought hammer and started hammering on small iron rod provided on body of the vehicle to look the door without observing what is the actual problem, PLEASE TELL ME CAN CUSTOMER WILL TOLERATE THIS, when he could not rectify the problem I had been told to take the vehicle to body shop.

When I refused to go to body shop alone, the service supervisor accompanied with me, again there also the person who was attending my vehicle started twisting / bending the door without observing the reason, when he was just trying all this I observed that the driver seat was getting jerks when the door is pushed to lock, this I have informed to the person and very surprised that driver seat was not properly fixed due to which the door was not getting properly locked. Since so many experiments have been made with the door still the door is not getting properly locked.

Further on 31.08.08 when I have inserted the key to start the vehicle, I shocked when I noticed that the battery was totally discharged, immediately I called the authorized Exide service center to check the battery and he informed me that the cell of the battery is totally dry and might not be recovered. I GOT SURPRISED HOW THE CELLS CAN BE DRY WHITHIN A MONTH AS THE LAST SERVICING WAS DONE ON 26.07.08., when I confirmed with the dealer whether they do the inspection of the battery in routine free service as per the free service book or not, he confirmed me that the same is being inspected and in the counter of the third service coupon it is marked as checked, when it is checked on 26.07.08 how it can be dry in 36 days.

DUE TO THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE DEALER THE BATTERY GOT DAMAGED AND COULD NOT BE RECOVERED EVEN AFTER 24 HOURS PUTTING IT ON PROPER CHARGING, IS THIS TYPE OF FREE SERVICE BEING PROVIDED BY MARUTI UDYOG LTD, CAN YOU TELL ME WHO WILL BEAR THE LOSS?

Now I have doubt whether the dealer has changed / filled or not the engine oil, Break oil, front wheel bush for which they have charged amount from me during the free service check up.

This I had informed on your help line 1800 1800 180 on 31.08.08 itself but not received any response from Maruti Udyog ltd.

Since I am also from service company I know very well how important is single customer also & how we can satisfy the loyal customer.

Thanks,

Kailash Mudliar
    Shri – Niwas
    4 Ravindra Nagar
    Indore
    Mob.No. 09755503402

5th of Sep, 2008

there is a dealer in gandhidham M/S B.M.Autolink
    when ever i go with a client or a customer who wants to buy a maruti car we ask for a test drive and what we have observed that the test drive vehicle is only used by the owners of B.M.Auto link previously the cars they were using were maked with test drive vehicle now they have so much guts they have removed the sticker saying test drive and now when we ask for a test drive they say we dont give any test drive nor the company has supplied us with any test drive vehicle ...this is funny but so much true, , , , , seing is believing...4 test drive vehicles and all are being used by directors of B.M.Autolink

9th of Sep, 2008

SIR,
    WE BOUGHT THE SWIFT CAR ON 4TH MAY 2008.RIGHT FROM THE DAY ONE THE A.C OF THE CAR IS NOT WORKING.THE CAR HAS BEEN SENT TO THE LOVELY SERVICE STATION AT LEAST TEN TIMES.EACH TIME THEY KEEP THE CAR FOR A WEEK BUT THERE HAS BEEN NO RESULT.THE CAR WAS PURCHASED BY LOVELY AUTOS, JALANDHAR ONLY.KINDLY TAKE SOME STRICT ACTION.

14th of Sep, 2008

I have purchased Wagon R Lxi bearing chassis No.- 446427 and Registration No. DL-9CM-9651 on 29-09-06. M/S Competent Automobiles CO. Ltd. Mehrauli has done all the services free/paid. Today i.e. on 13-09-08 I took my vehicle for some complaints, to the workshop and I was shocked to see the mismanagement and behavior of the staff of M/S competent motors. The work manager Mr. Khan was not able to control his staff, no supervisor was available and a very big queue of vehicle was there and no one was ready for the inspection of vehicles. Preparation of Job card took one hour and the service/repair work done was of very poor quality. Again a very big queue was there on the counter, for the preparation of bill and there was also mismanagement and the staff was misbehaving with the customers. The preparation of the bill took one hour. Regarding this mismanagement and the misbehavior of the staff, I met with the work manager Mr. Khan and told him that I will make a complaint to MUL regarding this, his reply was “You can, who cares”
    In view of the above I suggest your good self to have a surprise visit of the workshop and stop such type of acts, which gives a bad name to MUL. As you are very well aware, this is a time of competition and at this time the harassment and misbehave to the customer by your authorized dealer proves to be very dangerous to MUL. I hope you will take appropriate action.

11th of Oct, 2008

Dear sir, i m getting problem in back gear. i went many times to urs service satation many times but no solution is there. it's compeletly waste of time as well as money. Instead of solution, they said, it's gift from maruti company. Pls solve my problem on urgent basis, otherwise i'll have to go to consumer court for govt. help. I have ALTO.

Jawahar singh(09211512170; 09911482275)
    vill- Nakhrola(near IMT MANESAR)
    city-gurgaon
    state- haryana

22nd of Nov, 2008

Dear Sir,

Now the situation seems to be too embracing for me as your Apra service Station (Gurgaon sector 14 in building no 15A) technical head Mr. Sunil Gupta said to deliver the car on 20th November, 2008 (earlier promised for the delivery on 08th November, 2008) but failed to do so and promised to handover the car ( Maruti Zen, Reg. No. DL 2CN 9286 ) on 21st November, 2008, but when I called Mr. Sunil Gupta on 21st November, 2008 for the delivery of the car he told me that now the shocker of the car are damage and the staring wheel is also damage, which is not true. Will you please let me know when I will get my car back as each an every day you promises for the delivery of the car and backout on this by giving every time new reason.

Hoping for a reply from your side and positive response.

Thanks

Suresh Chand.

9810333322.

• Pa
      24th of Nov, 2008

Second Part of the Story :-
    Finally, on 12-november-08 police registered the FIR and on the same day the FIR was deposited at your workshop.
    It was promised that the CAR would be delivered on 15-November-08, however it did not get delivered since the ECM device was not available.
    Finally, on 22-November-08 I got the confirmation that I can collect the CAR.

At around 1500 hours I reached at your workshop ( today is 22-November-08 i.e. Saturday). All the formalities were performed in the Insurance Sector and I was asked that I Can take the CAR. Car was parked at the place where washing happens, in front of which another car was parked, I blowed the Horn so that someone can remove the car which was parked in front of me, on continuously blowing the Horn in spite of the fact that all the supervisors were watching me blowing the horn and the 3 people sitting outside the Customer Lobby (who prepare job sheet) noticed that but no one is coming. After 10 minutes of continuously blowing of horn finally 1 person came to get the car outside his name was MOHAMMAD ANWAR.

Story Begins Now –
    MOHAMMAD ANWAR took the car outside however it was missing and was giving extra smoke from silencer. I turned it off restarted it, it never started.
    Now the person who took the car out MOHAMMAD ANWAR straight away went inside to MAJOR MENOR – his response was what can I do go to the supervisor whose name is mentioned on it.
    Then that men went to the Fat Lady who sits 90 Degree towards Cash Counter ( I suppose she is customer relation manager, who does not deserve that position, because it was my third interaction with her today and she was of no use and her name is SIMI MALIK I suppose). She said go to the Supervisor whose name is mentioned on the Job sheet why you are coming to me.
    Then that men went to the Workshop supervisor whose name was MR. SINHA again his response was what can I do get it checked from the man who repaired it.
    Finally, we came inside where phone are installed and that men dialed the number of the supervisor mentioned on the Job Sheet, in a mean while I Called ARUN from Insurance Team who came out along with the Supervisor.

They got the car inside, on opening the bonnet all the wires of CNG were unloosened and in the same condition I was about to take the CAR to my home. Firstly, they denied putting the wires back since the CNG was installed from outside, but finally they put all the wires back when I shouted on them as when the car was dropped CNG was fitted ( over here I don’t find a logic, do you guys uninstalled all the kits i.e. wires when the CNG car is dropped for service at ur workshop since those people got the CNG installed from outside).

In spite of the the fact that in the morning it was specifically told that I would be collecting the CAR today and the CAR was crosschecked by both the Supervisors still when I went to collect the CAR it did not even started with all the CNG wires loosened.

Bottom-line ---Over here I would like to express my views that what kind of staff is being hired by you who are least bothered about customers, they does not even know what customer service is, have you open up these big workshop to make fool of people and just to charge them without providing them services which have paid for. What can I Expect from other people when the people like MAJOR MENON, SIMI MALIK AND MR SINHA ( WORKSHOP SUPERVISOR ) are least bothered about customers who is unable to get to have a word with a person who can at least listen to the customer and let him know what could be done.

Now – when the CAR is with me.

Problem which I am Facing –
    1) Gear Lever is still making Noise ( I had specified the problem to the supervisor and have paid for it check your bill )
    2) Car is getting turned off if I remove the leg from the Race paddle.
    3) Car is Missing on Petrol ( I had specifically mentioned the same to the Workshop Supervisor)
    4) There is a hell lot of noise coming when we drive the CAR from where in don’t know.
    5) It is taking long self to get the CAR started.

Now can somebody explain me after making the bill of approximately 17000 Rupees, is this the kind of service which you provide to your customers, above that I don’t think any action was taken against my first mail against anyone because I met the same people on 22-November-08 and all had big attitudes to show. No one was willing to help rather were pushing me from one department or place to another.

I want a formal communication in regards to the mail and would like to know what has to be done to get my CAR in up and running condition as I have paid the amount and did not get the service from your workshop. Also, the kind of harassment I went through and the wastage of time and number of phone calls which I made at your workshop.

+91 9891216716 is my Father’s Number on whose name the CAR is Registered, I want all the communication to happen at my Mobile Number i.e. +91 9810555144

Note : - Hard copy of this mail would be couriered to you tomorrow i.e. 25-November-08 and the same copy would be Couriered to your Head Office address and Consumer Court.

Addresses

+91 9810555144

From: Sarraf, Pankaj
    Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:02 PM
    To: Sarraf, Pankaj; headoffice@competent-maruti.com
    Cc: cacltv@vsnl.net; mandi@competent-maruti.com; caclsm@vsnl.net; cacltv@vsnl.net; lajpatnagar@competent-maruti.com; mehrauli@competent-maruti.com; gazipur@competent-maruti.com; sales@competent-maruti.com; kamalkkumar@competent-maruti.com; kavita@competent-maruti.com; rajchopra@competent-maruti.com
    Subject: RE: DL2C AC 5983 - +91 9891216716

It has been more than 24 hours now. Till date neither I have got a reply to my below mail nor I have got any call from anyone.

Is anyone looking into matter or the mail has been Shift Deleted.

+ 91 9810555144

From: Sarraf, Pankaj
    Sent: Monday, November 10, 2008 1:23 PM
    To: 'headoffice@competent-maruti.com'
    Subject: DL2C AC 5983

To Whomsoever it may Concern.

This is to bring to your knowledge the kind of Experience which I Had dealing with Competent Automobiles today which is opposite Coca Cola Factory.

I called the Number in the Evening i.e. 011 – 25928330. Ritu picked up the phone I told her that ECM device got stolen from my Vehicle hence would like to have a word with someone who can help me out with the rate and if the same could be adjusted in Insurance. She said in next 10 min she will arrange a callback. I never got any call. I called again and this activity kept happening for around 1 hour. In 1 hour I made approximately 7-8 phone calls finally I got connected to someone who was not sure if ECM was covered under Insurance or not.

On Monday I again called Competent so get the confirmation if I can get the vehicle at the workshop today, again after 3-4 calls somehow I managed to spoke to someone in Insurance who told my all the formalities.

I called the Crane got the car Delivered outside your Workshop, paid 800 Rupees and the Crane went away.

I came inside had a word with the Supervisors who are standing outside so that he can get the car inside the gate, he simply denied and asked me to speak to someone inside, I again came inside and told to the group of people who sit next to Customer Lounge, those people told me to have a word with Insurance People. By this time I was totally frustrated and I paid 20 Rupees to Rickshaw wala and asked him push the car inside the Workshop.

Then, I went to Insurance Cabin – 3 people were sitting there however no one was bothered to speak to customers, one person who was not in uniform was busy on his phone, another one was again busy on phone and the third person was busy with customer and every now and then he was searching for basic needs such as pen, stabler pins, blank paper bottom line he was totally confused.

After requesting him for 5-6 times he finally came with me outside and reviewed the car, I asked him the Fuel Injector and Servicing is also required what has to be done in that case. He said I am from Insurance and I can only get ACM replaced. The supervisor standing next to him who was from Workshop I asked him what has to be done, he said asked the Insurance agent only he will do the needful. Finally, I gave up.

Then, we came inside the Insurance room, I was given wrong form to fill up, once I filled up the form, other person said why did you filled this form this is not correct one, I filled another form, then the first person who gave me the form said this is wrong form…..

Then, since I got my CAR converted to CNG on insurance it was not updated, he asked me to spoke to a lady named Neema I am not sure about the name, the lady who sits next to the Cash counter. She said we cannot do this please go back to Insurance Room.

I spend approximately 2 hours which were of no use. Finally, I came back since I did not have the correct FIR.

WRITING THIS MAIL SO THAT OTHER CUSTOMERS DID NOT FACE THE SAME PROBLEM WHICH I FACED TODAY IN THE MORNING. NOT SURE IF ANY ACTION WOULD BE TAKEN AGAINST ANYONE BUT WOULD LIKE TO UPDATE YOU THAT CUSTOMERS WHO COME AT YOUR WORKSHOP ALSO HAVE BUSY SCHEDULE AND SHOULD BE TREATED LIKE CUSTOMERS AND NOT LIKE DOGS. 2 HOURS WHICH I SPEND AT YOUR WORKSHOP TODAY WERE USELESS AND I WAS GETTING RUNAROUND FROM ONE PLACE TO ANOTHER, IT WOULD BE BETTER IF YOU ORGANISED THINKS IN BETTER WAY AT YOUR WORKSHOP.
    Thanks and Regards,

TO,
    THE REGIONAL MANAGER
    MARUTI UDYOG LIMITED NEW DELHI

SUB:- NOISE IN, BREAKE, ALL FOUR WHEEL STUDS AND NUTS ARE CHANGED BUT NO
    CHANGED IN BREAKE NOISE .
    DEAR SIR,
    I HAVE A SWIFT DZIRE PURCHASED ON SEPTEMBER 2008 AND NOISE IN BREAK STARTED ON DECEMBER 2008 I AM GOING TO COMPLAINT AGAINST JEEWAN MOTORS 3 MARCH 2009 DEALER CHECK THE CAR AND DONE WHEEL ALLIMENT AND BALANCING AND CHARGED RUPEES 496.35 VIDE CASH MEMO NUMBER BCO8O15842 BUT NOTHING IN BREAK NOISE WHEN I SAY TO SERVICE INCHARGE ABOUT THIS PROBLEN THE SAY TO ME SIR DONT WOORY THIS NOISE IS NORMALLY CAME THEY ALSO SAID TO ME THAT THIS NOISE IS ALSO CAME FROM SX4 .
    AGAIN SAME COMPLAINT YOUR DEALER MY CAR ON 24-03-2009 YOUR DEALER CHANGED ALL FOUR WHEEL BOLT, NUT WHEEL, BOLT, FRONT HOOD AND CHARGED RUPEES 500 VID CASH MEMO NUMBER BC08015709 BUT NOTHING CHANGED IN BREAK NOISE

I WONDER ALL FOUR WHEEL NUTS AND STUDS ARE CHANGED SERVICE INCHARGE SAYS ALL NUTS AND STUDS ARE SLIP HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ?, WHO IS WRONG (JEEWAN MOTORS / MY CAR) CONTACT NUMBER :- 09827052011, 07552541450
    ADDRESS :- C129 KOHEFIZA B.DS.A COLONY BHOPAL M.P
    REGISTRATION NUMBER:- MP-04-CC-4294

• Jp
      4th of May, 2009

I purchased Maruthi 800 from Khivaraj Motors in Chennai. Right from the day one A.C is not
    working properly. if i am using A.C in the Rainy and cloudy climates, the fog is forming out side of
    the front mirror. I sent 4 times for servicing but no use. They are simply saying this is
    commong problem for every body.
    I have checked with other showroom guy's, they are saying this is front mirror problem.

Kindly hekp me regarding this, how to proceed further.

Regards