Maruti Udyog Limited / deceptive business practices!
My name is Anish Agarwal and I am writing this complaint with reference to a Maruti Esteem VXI purchased from SAYA AUTOMOBILES, New Delhi.
On 6th September 2006, I had booked a Maruti Esteem VXI. As per the final agreement, the dealer offered a final vehicle price of Rs.5, 10,000.00 (including accessories) out of which I had paid Rs.1,50,000.00 as down payment.
The vehicle was delivered on 29th September 2006 along with all promised accessories with an affirmation that the Registration Certificate (Smart Card) shall be delivered within 45 days of the delivery date. However the dealer didn't provide us with an Invoice and a no-dues certificate. Said the same shall be delivered with Registration Certificate (RC).
We didn't receive the RC within 45 days. When contacted the dealer, were told that we owe certain amount towards the vehicle and need to pay the outstanding amount so as to obtain the RC. We asked the dealer about the breakup of the charges which he failed to submit. After much follow-up and escalating the complaint at Maruti Helpline (complaint ref # 324285) the dealer released the RC on 27 th December 2006.
Following on, the dealer has not yet issued us the Vehicle Invoice and a No Dues certificate. The Invoice presented by the dealer mentioned an amount of Rs. 5, 38, 000.00 which we refused to accept due to the price difference of Rs 28,000.00 as against the payment of Rs.5, 10,000.00 paid towards the vehicle.
According to the dealer, the sales executive who had handled the deal left the dealership in Nov 2006 and the same was informed to general public by the dealer by means of an article in Hindustan Times dated 14 November 2006.
We did explain to the dealer that the price difference featuring in the Invoice is the discount offered to us and should be accordingly substituted in the Invoice. However, instead the dealer wants us to write a letter mentioning that the price difference of Rs. 28, 000.00 was paid in cash to the dealing executive and he in turn has not deposited the amount at the dealer cash counter. This is not true and we have declined to write any such letter.
I had tried to call your New Delhi Regional Office at Connaught Place on the numbers provided to me by Maruti Helpline. But not even a single I have received an affirmative response about how to proceed or what steps should be take. Have also written a letter to Mr. Jagdish Khattar (MD, Maruti Udyog Limited) but no response has been received so far.
The following points are noteworthy:
· Why didn't the dealer issue the Invoice at the time of the vehicle delivery?
· The dealer has issued us Vehicle Gate Pass which establishes that the dealer is satisfied with the transaction and there are no dues towards the vehicle.
· If dealer wasn't satisfied with the deal, why was no objection raised between 6 th September 2006 till the date of complaint.
· Also, the dealer mentions the they have terminated the sales executive for some reasons and have published a press release – Why didn't the dealer co-ordinate the task of calling the customers whose files were handled by this executive
I have already called the dealer more than 10 times and have spoken to its General Manager but with no luck. I have recordings of few conversations which should establish the fact the dealer has always been reluctant about issuing important documents like RC, Invoice and No dues certificate.
More Maruti Udyog Limited Complaints & Reviews
- Maruti Udyog Limited / Maruti Swift VDI (Diesel) - delay in delivery 
- Maruti Swift Diesel - new swift diesel engine complaint 
- Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire - problem with suspension 
- Maruti Udyog Limited - regarding the bluff given by staff of jeevan motors pvt. ltd. bhopal 
- Maruti Suzuki - maruti a-star is a complete failure 
- Maruti Suzuki India / Maruti Udyog - suzuki swift
- Maruti Suzuki India / Maruti Udyog - corrosion on my car body
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited - service of grand vitara xl-7 (2003) in india
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited - grievance regarding performance of maruti suzuki celerio amt
- Maruti Suzuki India Limited - fraud/cheating to the tune of rs. 22000/-