Maruti Udyog Limited / unprofessional attitude of a dealer

India Review updated:
3.65
Inspite of several reminders on daily basis over phone and mails I am still waiting for registration of my vehicle. whenever I ask for it each time dealer's representative says within a day or two it will be done.

Dealer should aware that without registration I can not take my vehicle anywhere. please note that if it is caught by traffic police anywhere than company and dealer will be responsible for the same and both will have to pay for the financial loss occurred to me in terms of penalty / fine.

I am not able to understand what is going on and where is the problem. why so much delay is being occurred for such a simple thing.

If you people are not able to provide complete services then you should clarify it in advance so that the customer can think twice before making any deal with you.

I am surprised as well as shocked to see that even after lodging several written as well oral complaint with maruti customer care also no action has been taken by either end till date.

This is really disgusting.

Need not to mention again that I have committed a very big mistake by taking delivery of the said vehicle.

Comments

Gk
  19th of Feb, 2008
My Vehicle no-GJ11E/4961, Maruti 800 has been send for repair to SHIVA Motors, Panikoili, Jajpur, orissa for repair around 4 months back. Before taking to service station its A/C system was working perfectly which was also verified by the owner of the Authorised service station Mr. Panda, Mobile No: 9937603819.
But to my surprise my vehicle was delevered after inadquate repair & services, it was seen my AC of the vehicle was not working and i complained about the fact to them. After complaining my vehicle was taken back to the service station and doing some thing but failed to repair perfectly. This is beeing done repeatatively 5 to 6 times and every time they are charging gass filling and other incidental charges to me. But till date the AC is not working .

So plz take necessary action & solve my problem

G. Kataruka (VP -F&A)
JIndal Stainless Ltduka (VP -F&A)
Ma
  28th of Feb, 2008
ALERT FOR VEHICLE DEALERSHIPS.

THERE IS ONE BIG FRAUD RACATE GOING ON IN VEHICLE MARKET THE ONE PERSON WALKS IN FOR BOOKING OF CAR HE / SHE GIVES CASH OF RS 1000/- OR MORE THEN HE COMES BACK AFTER SOME DAYS SAYING ANY REASON LIKE HIS WIFE IS PREGNANT / SOME BODY IN HOSPITAL WANTS TO CANCEL BOOKING ASKING FOR CHEQUE, THE DEALER NICELY GIVES CHEQUE , HE WITH CHEMICAL CHANGE FORGE THE CHEQUE AND CHANGE TO LAKHS OF RS AND WIOTHDRWAS THE SAME. HE WAS NOT YET CAUGHT BUT THE EXPIRIENCE IS SHARED SO THAT ALL DEALERS KEEP ONE SEPERATE BANK ACCOUNT WITH MINIMUM 50000/- AS BALANCE OR MINUMUM 50000/- WITHDRWAL LIMIT FOR SIGNTORY, THIS WILL KEEP DELAER AT MINIMUM RISK.
Ge
  3rd of Apr, 2008
m/s popular motors kottayam,

i strongly regret to be a customer of yours, right from the delivery time you are ill treating me.

first you deviated from the sale offers as promised before sale, which i got only after complaining to maruthi headoffice.

then with service and insurance claims.

now again with the petty issues for processing an insurance claim.

currently i'm in UAE for bussiness purpose, and i've send the signed claim form to your office, in which your staff found a signature missing.i told them i'l fax the same from UAE which is not acceptable. for them.

can i ask you one thing.. your staff gave me a vehicle repair satisfaction voucher to be signed by me at the time of dekivery.HOW CAN A PERSON FEEL SATISFIED ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE CAR BEFORE DELIVERY.. IS IT AT LOOKS?

MY CAR # KL-3-P-5143

INSURANCE # MP30057852 (royal sundharam)

popular motors not relaesing my vehicle for petty issues, now as per their suggestion i've to pay the entire amount and take the vehicle.they will refund the claim amount afterwards.WHEN?

I asked my person to fax me the same and again i've send it by hand the duly signed single paper via someboby flying down.will do for the last time deal with you...

let this wont happen to any people anymore... lets from our corporate side work for that, according to your dealing...

very good service..

following is a reference for you... if union motors lost it credibility because of ill financial setups., popular will loose its credibility for unfair customer service and poor service quality.

for sure as a customer i can tell you your continous ill service and dealings with the customer will loose your business and credibility,

cc- https://www.complaintsboard.com Complaints Board/Maruthi suzuki india ltd( maruthi udyog)

Financial Daily

News | Next | Prev

Maruti suspends dealership of Union Motors

Our Bureau

CHENNAI, July 5

MARUTI Udyog Ltd today announced that it had suspended the service operations of Union Motors Services Ltd as authorised dealer in 13 locations in Tamil Nadu.

Advertisement in media did not give any reason for Maruti's decision, nor were Maruti officials willing to part with any information on why the company took the decision, how many cars the company sold in the State, the number of dealers it had, and whet her the company planned to appoint new dealers.

Union Motors is one of Maruti's oldest dealers and contributed to a major chunk of Maruti cars sold in the State, according to industry sources. Six of the locations are in Chennai, two in Coimbatore, and one each in Madurai, Tiruchi, Udhagamandalam, Vel lore and Pondicherry.

The sources said that Union Motors had been facing problems for some time and had even defaulted on payment to Maruti. About a month ago, Maruti reportedly stopped supplying new cars to Union Motors. There were efforts to rope in a joint venture partner who would bring in the necessary funds and a more efficient functioning of the dealership, the sources said.

Comment on this article to BLFeedback@thehindu.co.in
Send this article to Friends by E-Mail

Next: Bajoria went against takeover code: CLB
Prev: AI offers special fares on London terminator flight
News

Agri-Business | Commodities | Corporate | Features | Industry | Letters | Logistics | Macro Economy | Markets | News | Opinion | Variety | Info-Tech | Catalyst | Investment World | Money & Banking |
Page One | Index | Home

Copyrights © 2001 The Hindu Business Line.

Republication or redissemination of the contents of this screen are expressly prohibited without the written consent of The Hindu Business Line.

Georgie Delight Mathew

Partner

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance

Kakanattu Complex, St.Peters Jn.

Pathanamthitta.KeralaPin 689698

+91 9947471212, +97150-5020518

Fax-+91 468-2271409
Na
  2nd of May, 2008
very bad exprince to service vechicals. nobody will take care for service or even listen to customer on phone.i tried lot for service on tell no.079-30212345 and they give me the no of service station that 079-22174052-53-54.i call on the same no but the lady who talk to me is tell me " nobody is free to pick up your car pl bring your car at service station" and she cut the line.
I don't know what is going on and what is wrong but i am very disappointed.
Ri
  17th of Jun, 2008
Greetings,

Here i would like to confess, that approx 1.5yrs back i had comitted one crime when i was become your customer. From my childhood i am continuously listening from different people that first impression is last one. But todays senario we are very fortunate bcuz we are having feedback tool to implement and wipe out the bad impression which has been carry by customer. But even after no. of negative feedbacks your dealer named KTL Kanpur don't even bothered. From the very same day of purchase you are giving me a sick kind treatment. During my three FOC and one paid service. No service excutive take my concereneds seriously like, gear system is not working properly, focus of front light is completely inadequate, there is always a knocking sound while using clutch etc.. moreover after my last paid service, my wheel cover was missing and one of my AC ventilator is badly jam. Trust me few words which automatically comes up, when i was visited at service center for delivery "Kya car wash paid service mein include nahin hoti". My car was looking awful when it was delivered to me. Might be this dealer is having a great amount of market share, but it doesn't mean that he is having good market repo also. After this incidence i took a vow that i will not going to recommened any of my friend and relative to go for this dealer. Whether the same thing will implement for brand or not will decide how you respond on this.

Regards
Rishi Chopra
Rs
  23rd of Aug, 2008
Dear Sir,

With deep regret I would like to place on records that I feel bad to be a customer of yours. I recommended my cousin Mr.Arunachalam to book a Swift Dzire fully loaded version from M/s.Popular motors, Chennai, dealer code: 1410 five months back, we are the first customer to book the above said model from the said dealer. Now it's 5 months since booking and we are yet to get delivery of the car.

Background:
First Swift VDI was booked on 26.03.2008 by paying an advance of Rs.50, 000/- vide receipt no: 2941 with the assurance that the vehicle would be delivered within 90 days. Swift Dzire was scheduled for lunch the next day (i.e.27.03.2008) and was assured that the next day we can come and give a letter requesting change in car from Swift to Swift Dzire. Accordingly the next day 27.03.2008 we visited the showroom took a test drive of Dzire and gave a letter for change of car from Swift to Swift Dzire fully loaded version, silky silver. We were also assured that we are the first customer to book the said model from the above said branch. Subsequently we applied for a loan in ICICI for 4 lacs and the the loan was also disbursed directly to the above said dealer. Now we have finished paying 3 EMIs also

Now 5 months over and we are yet to get the car. When checked with the dealer we get a stereo type reply of "Maruthi had not given us (M/s.Popular Motors) any Dzire so far..!!" but I am surprised to see Dzire cars plying on chennai roads taken from the above said dealer..!! which is a clear indication of us being cheated by the dealer.

The sales Executive who booked our order does not have an answer for not delivering the car even after 5 months but agrees that M/s.Popular has already sold many Dzire cars..!! Being the first customer to book the said model why was the car not delivered to us first??? It gives us an impression that M/s.Popular gives preference to customers who pays extra over and above the actual price of the car which is an unthical business practice.

Under this circumstance of unethical business practice of the said dealer give me one good reason as to why Maruthi cars should be recommended to our friends and relatives circle?

We strongly believe that Maruthi sincerely practices best principles and really value it's customers, hence writing with the hope that the issue would be looked upon on top priority and that the Dzire car fully loaded silky silver would be delivered to us without any further delay.

We are living in consumeristic world where there are lot of choices for consumers and Dzire is not the only good car in the market. It's a matter of good business practices which I am sure Maruthi Udyog would accept.

Regards
R.Shanmuga sundar
  1st of Oct, 2008
Dear Sir,
This is to bring to your kind attention that maruti dealer of jabalpur city(M.P.), Namely shubh motors is forcibly applying stickers on rear wind screen and petrol tanks without taking any consent from the owners repeatedly. On being requested for the same they are claming it to be company's policy.
Kindly intervene and take strict action or I may have to go to the court of law
Sa
  29th of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I booked a Maruti SX4 Zxi model at SAH and SANGHI AUTO AGENCIES (P) LTD GIRI KUNJ, 11-C N S PATKAR MARG, KEMPS CORNER, Mumbai 400036. I booked it on the 16th of Jan 2009. I told him that I needed the car of beige colour and manufactured in 2009. I was promised that and I gave him a booking amount of Rs.25000/-. After that when HDFC Bank cleared my loan and I paid him a downpayment of Rs.1, 93, 532/-. On 28th Jan 2009 Maruti increased the prices by Rs.9000/- and SAH and SANGHI is expecting me to pay the difference in the amount.

1. They have'nt given me anything in writing as to when have they booked a car with Maruti.
2. They haven't given me the batch number or anything else to prove that my car belongs to that batch which has cars with increased price.
3. I don't even know if my car is manufactured in 2009.

I would like someone to read this and answer my questions.
Ak
  23rd of Nov, 2009
Maruti dealer 's Maruti services at bsk 3 stage at bangalore have cheated, I had given my vechicle maruti 800 for accessment for insurance company next day when I saw my vechicle it was almost open from front and they gave me estimate Rs 20000 which I was shocked and felt they are clearing their spares stock by fixing it my vechicle, when I asked them they behaved as they are dada of maruti suzuki, as I told them I don't want th repair they kept my cars original RC book, licence and Insurance and started talking non sense Asked with to pay Rs 2450 to take this incase I don't want to repair.finally I blasted suryor why he asked to them open my car without my knowledge then I got these reassesed for Rs15ooo finally I have shalled out 15600 and got my vechicle released.
So I really wonder while Maruiti employed certain dealers are good but why such small timers cheat dealers just because they don't get business they are trying by all means to make money.
I urge maruti to take stock of this dealers and check all his customers record and take action so that any of your customers should not cheated again.looking for your reply
Ra
  2nd of Feb, 2010
My name is Ratan Chakraborty. I have purchased a Maruti Suzuki Alto from M/s. Kunal Motors, Chhindwara, M.P. on 6th of January 2010 they ahve delivered the vehicle which is bearing a scratch on its roof. However, full settlement of payment was made on 19th of January and since then i have been telling lie by the dealer regarding Registration of the Vehicle and as of date i have not been provided with registration number. the dealer is so crucked that now they intentionally avoide picking their phones also. I used to stay quite 60 K.M. Away from their place at Boregaon and working in Raymond which is one of their biggest client as well but still they dont care about giving their services with some culpable motive.
Did the Maruti Suzuki Ltd., care for the suffering of their customers through their dealers hand?
  9th of Apr, 2010
Dear Sir
My daughter purchased a Zen Estilo in April 2008 from M/s Motorcraft, Sahibabad. After bargain she was given a discount of Rs. 21423/- and a few accessories.
When enlightened for extended warranty cover, in addition to two-year normal warranty, we agreed for 2 year extended warranty and paid Rs. 1895/- towards that.
By oversight, we could not follow certificate of extended warranty.
Recently when I sent a request to M/s Motorcraft, Sahibabad to give her a certificate, alongwith the documentary evidences, the sales representative says that money was adjusted under the head discount and my daughter’s claim is not valid.
Sir, My question is when the company agreed to provide her discounts and accessories and given her in writing towards the total amount payable, mentioning specifically Rs. 1895/- as extended warranty for two year, in addition to insurance charges and Road Tax and Registration charges, and paid by her in full, how can they deny to give her extra cover.
Sincerely
Dr A K Bansal
Ca
  23rd of Apr, 2011
I had booked Swift VDI on 23-3-2011 by paying a huge amount of Rs.5, 53, 582/- almost 85-90% of the vehicle cost and the indicate date of delivery is 20th April, 2011. When I contacted your dealer who booked my vehicle Varun Motors, Visakhapatnam had irresponsibly replied that they are delivering now Jan. 2011 booked vehicle and the Manager, Mr Subba Rao had asked me contact the Sales Executive who booked the vehicle for further details. If this is the case, for your information I am the Maruthi user for the last 16 years (1) I used 800 from 1995 to 2003 (2) I am now using Maruthi Wagon R LXI, MAV from 2003 March. If your prestigeous dealer Varun Motors, Visakhapatnam cannot give the vehicle immediately and who failed to deliver the same on the committed date i.e. 20th April, 2011 you are requested to permit me to file a suite on Consumers^ Forum and their irresponsbile behaviour towards the customers like me who is using Maruthi vehicles from 1995 i.e. 16 years and for loss of interest from the date of cheque till date of refund of the amount or vehicle delivery . YOur early action for immediate delivery of Switch VDI will be appreciated and another thing you are requested to confirm whether I can dispose-off my old Wagon R outside or your dealer will take it under exchange or truevalue. My telephone num, ber is 98484 98415
  4th of Jan, 2012
SIR MY COMPLAINT IS AGAINST MADUSUDAN MOTORS PVT LTD MG ROAD PRATAPURA AGRA IS THAT ON 21-11-11 I HANDED MY WAGON R-LXI UP80-4468 DUE TO HIT ON BACK BY UNIDENTIFIED CAR . WORKING OFFICIALS TOLD ME THAT YOUR CAR WILL BE READY IN A WEEK BUT AFTER A WEEK WHEN I ENQUIRED ABOUT CAR, THEN SURVEYOR OF INS, COMP WAS CALLED THEN THEY TOLD ME THAT ALL THE DAMAGED PARTS WILL NOT BE REPLASED . I WAS VERY ANNOYED WITH THEM AND I TOOK MY CAR BACK WITHOUT ANY WORK DONE .JOB CARD NOJC11003725 ON28-11-11.LATER ON I GET REPAIRED MY CAR OUTSIDE. SIR WHEN I WENT FOR MY INSURANCE RENEWAL IDIDN'T GOT NO CLAIM BONUS FOR THAT INS COMP TOLD ME TO GET THE FILE CLOSED BUT AT YOUR AUTH CENTRE NOBODY RESPONDED ESP MANAGER 'SO PLZ LOOKAFTER THE MATTER AS I M A VERY OLD CUSTOMER OF MARUTI SINCE 1995 AND I APPRECIATE YOUR REFORMS.SORRY IF I WILL NOT GET THE JUSTICE I WILL HAVE TO MOVE TO CONSUMER FORUM THANKS DR MALAY GUPTA 18 JANAKPURI NEW-SHAHGANJ AGRA 282010 MY MOB NO 9219889869, 955728259.

Maruti Suzuki India / Maruti Udyog Logo Maruti Suzuki India / Maruti Udyog