Maruti Udyog Limited / non-committal attitude of maruti towards delivery

1 India Review updated:

I booked a Maruti Swift ZXi on June 9th 2007. The booking was made through Vipul Motors, Noida with premium advance of Rs. 50,000. I was assured by the Dealer's Sales Representative that the car would be delivered within 6 weeks. In the intervening weeks I made another payment of Rs. 1.5 Lac to the dealer as I thought that it would motivate a timely delivery. 6 weeks have already gone past and I am yet awaiting a confirmation on the date of delivery of my car. Even after repeated queries made to the dealer over the past couple of weeks as well as calls made to the Maruti Regional Sales Manager as also e-mails written to Maruti, I am unable to obtain an answer.

I hereby submit my displeasure over such unprofessional service level, which I did not really expect from Maruti. I hope this posting of my complaint on this forum will help me in escalating this issue to the concerned persons in Maruti for an early resolution.

Comments

• Su
      21st of Jun, 2008

I am a senior citizen, more than 80 yes old.I booked Dzire vxi by paying 50000 to Modern Automobiles Ambala on 12.04.08, they promised to deliver in 15 days.susequently I deposited 3.75 lacs more.till date i.e. 21.06.08.i m not given the car.on 16.06.08 the dealer phoned me to get delivery of car, but after some time he again phoned me that my car is yet to arrive.I afraid that my my car is delivered to some one else.
    I have lost faith in your Ambala dealer.I request you to instruct him to show me his record to satisfy me that my turn is not jumped.

• Na
      8th of Jul, 2008

Dear sir
    Recentaly i have purchased versa from Gulzar motors ludhiana.
    Few days before they had called me for free service of the car and at that time i became agree to thier offer. They came to my factory premises and pick the car for free service and promising to deliever the car to my address after service. But they had misguided me. After the service they ask for the charges for service which recentely had not been explained. After paying the charges for the service they are not delievering the car to my address. The behaviour of allthe staff of gulzar motors ludhiana is not good to me . I am very upset . They even not of supportive nature. Mr. ANIL SHARMA of GULZAR MOTORS is very rude to me . He said to me to made a complaint agaianst him to higher authority but he is not ready to deliever the the car.
    I am very helpless at this position
    Plz favour me and made the justice to me.

Waiting for your reponse
    NARINDER SINGH
    CELL NO.-91-9417800839

• Na
      8th of Jul, 2008

Dear sir
    Recentaly i have purchased versa from Gulzar motors ludhiana(PB 10 BX 2084)
    I am very helpless at this position
    Plz favour me and made the justice to me.

Waiting for your reponse
    NARINDER SINGH
    CELL NO.-91-9417800839

• Am
      5th of Aug, 2008

Sub:- Replacement of EXCEL (right site) of the Wagon R-LX-I

Sir.

It is stated that I had purchase a Wagon-R LX-I from M/s.TR Sawhey Motors Pvt. Ltd. B-5 Indl.Area, Phase-1 Badli, New Delhi –42 (Opp.Sec.18 Rohini/delivery was given from 33-34 East Gokuk Pur, Wazirabad Road, Delhi-94). Vide cash memo number 26524 dated 19.8.2007 for an amount of Rs.382968/- bearing Engine No.F10DN4391230, Chasis No.MA3EED81S00567129.

In this connection, I am to inform you that I felt a sound last month while turning my vehicle to the right side. This was got checked from Rajesh & Anil Motors Co. B-110, Sector-2 NOIDA (UP), an authorized service station of Maruti Co. It has been intimated by the workshop that the right side excel requires immediate replacement to avoid any further damage to the vehicle. Since the EXCEL developed the defect, within the guarantee period, i.e one year of the date of the purchase of vehicle. It is requested that the necessary arrangements may be made to replace the same under intimation to the undersigned at my e-mail address as well as on my residence address.

It may also be appreciated if the reasons for developing the defect in the EXCELL in such a short period specially when the vehicle run only below 5000 km in a year, may also be intimated to the undersigned because I being a customer did not except such type of situation from your highly reputed Maruti Co.

Hoping prompt action please.

Yours sincerely,

AMIT AGARWAL
    E-mail : alok11nisha@yahoo.co.in
    Mail address: C-3/222 Yamuna Vihar,
    Delhi: 110053
    Mobile No. 9910926938

• Am
      15th of Sep, 2008

My name is Amit Jasu and I am writing this complaint with reference to a Maruti Alto Lx purchased from Auto Hi-Tech, Garia, Kolkata.

Complaint Details:

At the time of inquiry the seals representative (Santanu) Auto Hi Tech had say the total Down payment of Alto LX is 50, ooo/- along with registration cast, road tax, 2 years extending warranty (Insurance fee) and Rs- 1500/ free accessories and my loan amount is 2, 42, 000/- . And I had also enquiry from other Dealer Jalan Distributor, they had given me the same details only 1 years warranty Down payment is 40, 000/ and Loan amount is 2, 42, 00/-, Then I talk to Auto-HI Tech they revised the offer with 38, 000/- down payments, and 2, 4200/- loan amount. I had book my car, but at the time of delivery the cut my free accessories and extending warranty,

There after I had talk to so many times to dealer but they don't give any positive response.

I don't expect this type of behavior from Maruti Company, .

Amit Jasu

• Is
      29th of Oct, 2008

Sir
    This is with reference to P&D register serial no. 9505-D-I00096 booking order for (SR6M) DZIRE ZDI (D) dated 24th august 2008. I deposited Rs 50, 000 by cash with competent automobiles co ltd.
    A-25 INFO City, Sector 33-34(OPP Hero Honda) Gurgaon-122001, Haryana.

I'm not only surprised but shocked that till to date i have not received priority no. nor any information from you as well as maruti udhyog ltd.

You are kindly requested to intimate me my priority no. issued by maruti udhyog ltd. and date of delivery of the above said car and the last priority no. who has already been delivered the car indicating the date of booking.

You are further requested to intimate me the reason why the priority no. issued by maruti udhyog ltd. was not sent to me.
    Thanking You
    Ishwar Singh Sangwan

• Ne
      20th of Feb, 2009

Dear Sir,
    I booked your Swift Dezire Maruti car on 23.07.08 by depositing Rs.50, 000/- & I deposited full ammount on 24.01.09 to gwalior dealer. He said the car will be supplied with in few days but uptill now after passing about 7 months the gwalior delar has not supplied my car . I saw in computor that my number of this car booking is first even been the dealer has not supllied my car . So in my opinion services of car dealer at Gwalior is very poor.
    Now if my car is not supllied with in 3 days than I have to go in court & I will demand the interest of my money.pl. respond at your earliest. Thanking you sir.
    Neeraj Goyal

16th of Mar, 2009

i am also experiance this from maruthi popular vehicles

16th of Mar, 2009

I am also a maruti swift customer having headaches now and in life i made a big mistake by purchasing this model car waiting for the reply from maruthi suszuki ltd

Hi

My self sanil k balakrishnan from kozhikode.

I purchased maruthi swift deisel vdi model on jan 22 2009 and the 2nd week i took this vehicle for the first service in popular motors ernakulam near lissy jn. i received the vehicle with out proper service and the same vehicle i got serviced from the popular in calicut in the next day. I reported there a yellow colour in the running board and they told its a regular complaint and doesn’t bother about it will comes like that, all the white swift is having the same problem. also showed me the other swift in the service centre. Mr Biju C.V helped me to solve this issue and he has done a appreciable job for me (special thanks for him) but again the same problem occurred in the vehicle and I went to the popular service in vaytilla as per there invitation for the customers and there I raised the issue but no one is not ready to accept this things and one shyla customer care person and other sales person MR. Rajesh behaved to us in such a pathetic way and they never want to here our complaints also they told that when the time of delivery the vehicle is in good condition and its not there issue.!!!
    So pls advice me to what shall I do???

Again the next issue after the successful completation of 1500KM the vehicle is pumping black smoke and I checked the engine oil its in thick black colour (so this means the popular Ernakulum team didn’t change the oil at all for the first service or is there any engine problem ???)

Again I went back to Mr.Biju solve this issue.

After the 3rd service the yellow colour still is there now I don’t know about the smoke because no one is using the vehicle now.

now pls suggest me what should I do ??
    I have other cars Lancer, Ford ikon, Innova. doesn’t have this type of complaints and getting good service from the service centre with great honour

So I think this is the standard of MARUTISUZUKI and the way of servicing and behaviour of sales team also highly appreciable after sale is over never mind the customer and not ready to listen them is it ?

I have solid proof for all this with photo if u need more details I ready to present all this things where ever you want.

22nd of Jul, 2009

i agree with all the above persons, I purchase maruti Alto on 01.06.2009. Firstly the sales executive has given us the invoice on back date i.e 31.05.2009 to achieve there sales target, which is very unproffectional attitute from maruti side. Secondly they commited us to refund Rs 3700/-, as they raise the invoice of higher price, when we asked them why they make invoice for such high price, they told us that this is there internal matter but you get back your excess amount back within 2-3 days, Now today is 22-07-2009, & still we have not recd our full money back from those peoples. He called us to signed there feedback form when we refuse to sign it, he litterally begged us in my office premises to please sign the form, as his commission will stop only for not signing the form & ensure us that he refund the money tomarrow, but still i we have not received our money & when we called that person, he will not pick our call. Is this type of attitute maruti sales staff has get at the time of training. Rs 3700/-is not a very big amount for me . But if maruti has some comitment some commitment with there customers they have to fulfill those commitments. Its really a very pathatic on there part that they people increase there commission percentage with this small amount & harasse the cutomer, who purchase & spend there money of some brands like maruti. If branded companies are doing such frauds with clients why not we go with local brands

• Mo
      17th of Aug, 2009

Sir,
    I m Maruti customer since 1995 and have purchsed 4 Maruti 800, 1 Wagon R, and now have purchsed SWift VDI. Chassis No. 423799 Inv. Date 10 April 09, Control No. 5488312 - JDP. My car was sent for second service in SKY AUTOMOBILES, RAIPUR (C.G.). The car was delivered to me without washing from inside and outside. My Horn stops blowing about which I have complained but nothing has been done. Also the service condition is very poor with the staff over loaded with work and unaware of the status of the vehicle taken for services. No balancing was done after tyre rotation despite my several requests. I doubt what SKY AUTOMOBILE must have done to the car machine when the car was delivered without a wash. Kindly take the responsible people in SKY AUTOMOBILES to task and improve the services at both the centre of SKY AUTOMOBILES, Raipur (C.G.) My Cell No. is 098271-58700.