Maruti Swift Dzire / braking complaint

1 India Review updated:

From;

dr shabeer ponnadan

Sub; brake problem for swift dezire vdi - regarding

Sir;

i’m a proud owner of maruti suzuki ‘swift dezire vdi’. I have bought my car recently from a. m. motors, malappuram, kerala. I was quite satisfied with my new car. I finished 1st service also at the right time.

my happiness didn’t last for a longer period. recently, after 1500km, I had a very bitter experience on the road. when I was traveling in a highway I met with an accident. I was traveling in a speed of 60-70 km/hr. four people were there in the car. the road was clear and empty. there was no problem for the visibility also. but I was not able to stop my car. I had a braking distance of 45 meter or more. it was not just stopping even after applying the brake. car was totally out of control and it just went and smashed with the other vehicle. my car got damaged so badly and lots of psychological trauma for me and for my family too. thanks to the maruti for the damages in my car and trauma to me.

it gave me lots of sleepless night. I was just thinking if it had happened to a small kid or a pedestrian instead of the other vehicle.

I was not able to understand what happened to my new dezire. because its not a simple normal accident which happened because of carelessness. I could see the road and the other vehicle and I was trying to stop the vehicle. I was not alcoholic also. but without stopping, the car went and hit the other vehicle.

I know that there is a loss of control in electronic power steering, but I was not traveling in such a high speed. I shared my experience with my friends and colleagues. it was surprising that I got the same feed back from the other people too. that is they all are complaining of loss of control for maruti dezire sometimes. and they had the same experience also. so I just wanted to inform the maruti authority about the dangerous condition. and I don’t know if I should go ahead with the legal procedures for the company’s product defect. so I kindly request you a proper technical explanation for the same. (I do feel so safe in using my maruti 800 than my new swift dezire, because of this brake defect.)

as a doctor, honestly I want to tell you that its a matter of life, nothing else. so I hope you will do the needful and get me a reply.

sincerely

dr shabeer ponnadan

mob: +[protected],

+[protected]

Comments

• Va
      14th of Apr, 2008
    maruti swift dzire - demanding the premium for the swift dzire 25000rs
    India

hello sir this is varun sethi from ferozepur.sir i am willing to buy new maruti dzire but the dealers in our city they r demanding for the premium.i want that u will tell me is it necessary topay the premium for the car

• Ss
      10th of May, 2008

i am booking of swift dzire vdi on mar 26-08. when i can expect that car

• Go
      22nd of Aug, 2008
    maruti swift dzire - 3Months commitment with advance of INR 50,000, now asked for three more months
    Maruti Suzuki

I am an NRI and 3 months back I booked for Maruti Swift Dzire Vdi silky silver on my fathers name, going by the dealer’s (AVG motors –Thiruvalla) commitment of maximum three months after paying an advance of INR 50, 000. Now when approached they expect this to take 3 more months. Is this normal with Maruti (COUNT ON US), or is the dealer’s role questionable. The company’s website says “one million promises”, the company should be serious about its commitment with customers and fulfill its promises. Why is Maruti not making this clear as to when they can deliver, or if they can’t do it why do they take bookings along with advance?

There is nobody from the company whom you can contact.

• Go
      3rd of Sep, 2008

i booked swift dzire in pondicherry by paying 50, 000rs.Dealers asking me 1 yr or above for delivery.i really dont no what is happening.Dealers are telling me that they are getting only 5 vehicles per month and they have 83 bookings.why cant maruthi company take some serious steps to rectify this problem.taking booking money50, 000 and telling me to wait for 1yr is rediculous.please tell me how to solve my problem

• Ak
      15th of Jul, 2009
    maruti swift dzire - vehicle delivery not on time
    maruti suzuki
    marutiudyog.com

General Manager
    Maruti Suzuki
    Sir/Madam
    We have booked one maruti swift dzire car vxi model, silver coloured on 30th march through Magic Auto, Karol Bagh in the name of mrs. Sonia Mehta and the waiting time was 3 months but we have not received the vehicle as yet even after three and a half months.
    Kindly tell me when shall I get my car.
    Thanking you
    Pradeep Mehta

• Ak
      5th of Jun, 2010
    maruti swift dzire - Non-Delivery of Maruti Swift DZIRE Lxi
    Competent Automobiles Co. Ltd.
    India

Hi, I have booked a Maruti Suzuki SWIFT DZire on 3RD march 2010 and I have been promised that I will get the delivery within 2 mont. Since last 1 month the dealer is keep on changing the date of delivery and now he is saying that I have to wait for about 1 month more. Maruti is doing the delay in delivery to the dealer...

• Ar
      5th of Sep, 2011
    maruti swift dzire - Dealer
    Spectra Motors
    India

I had taken delivery of Maruti Dzire on the 17th of August 2011 and was promised certain freebies by your sales representative Mr. Atul whose cell number is 9967017618. Regret to inform that the same has not yet been delivered nor do the staff at your centre have basic courtesy to revert to customers – The freebies not costly items should not be much of a bother to me and I have given up the hope . But why promise something when u cannot deliver?

I would definitely spread this by word of mouth so that my acquaintances are not fooled.

Your sales person does not even have the basic courtesy of taking calls or clearly confirming that they would not be able to provide with the promised freebies as they were just offered to as marketing gimmicks.

Ramachandran - 9324902314

• Ar
      5th of Sep, 2011
    maruti swift dzire - Dealer - Spectra Motors
    India

I had taken delivery of Maruti Dzire on the 17th of August 2011 from Spectra Motors, Ghatkopar (LBS Marg) and was promised certain freebies by your sales representative Mr. Atul whose cell number is 9967017618. Regret to inform that the same has not yet been delivered nor do the staff at your centre (Spectra Motors) Ghatkopar have basic courtesy to revert to customers – The freebies not costly items should not be much of a bother to me and I have given up the hope . But why promise something when u cannot deliver?

• Ku
      27th of Feb, 2012

I too had a similar experience of loosing break and ram to another vehicle on the road. i made good the damage caused to the other car.