Maruti Swift / autocard

1 India Review updated:

Hi,

I was issued autocard by maruti/citibank on purchase of maruti swift vxi. since about a year I have accumulated close to 2000 points on the card. under normal circumstances, the points can be redeemed for many things, but in this case, citibank is refusing to redeem stating that maruti company will redeem the points for purchase of parts or getting the vehicle serviced at a maruti authorized dealership. when I took my car for service and offered to redeem the points, the authorized dealer sagar automobiles declined to redeem. when I called the maruti autocard helpline, they again said that the points can be redeemed at the dealership or at indianoil petrol pump. when I showed the card to the indian oil petrol dealer, he said, he cannot redeem the points. well so much so for loyalty. I live in bangalore and have been denied of much promised redemption.

Comments

• Bk
      1st of Aug, 2008

I was issued AUTOCARD by MARUTI/CITIBANK on purchase of MARUTI WAGONR LXi. Since more than TWO Years have accumulated close to 3000 points on the card. Under normal circumstances, the points can be redeemed for many things, But in this case, CITIBANK is refusing to redeem stating that Maruti company will redeem the points for purchase of parts or getting the vehicle serviced at a Maruti authorized dealership. When I took my car for service and offered to redeem the points, the authorized dealer MITRA Automobiles declined to redeem. When I called the Maruti Autocard helpline, they again said that the points can be redeemed at the dealership or at Indianoil petrol pump. WHen I showed the card to the Indian Oil petrol dealer, he said, he cannot redeem the points. Well so much so for loyalty. I live in HYDERABAD and have been denied of much promised redemption. This is nothing but cheating.

• Ga
      18th of Aug, 2008

I am interested in buying a swift vdi but now my interest is dying down.
    I am very unhappy and put off by the response from the maruti dealer at pathankot.
    I am purchasing maruti swift through canteen stores department through PATHANKOT VEHICLEADES PVT.LTD. I took a vehicle loan. As a rule the D.D was to be made in favour of the canteen stores department, i was told to do the same. i applied for the loan but as soon as i despatched the application i was told to get the D.D made in favour of the dealer(pathankot vehicleades), which caused problem to me. i did that and got the D.D made in favour of the dealer (which is not supposed to be done, D.D is always made in favour of the canteen stores department). Then i was told to deposite the whole amount to book the vehicle(swift vdi).I got it booked it on 13th july and was assured that i will get my vehicle in 40-45 days. Since then i am regularly calling the sales managers to know the status of my vehicle but no attempt has been made by them to tell me the status and when i cal them up they say that the will let me know and then they forget to cal up. I am running behind them. The full amount of the vehicle is in a HDFC bank of the dealer and i dont knw what will be done with the interest of that amount? will it be given back to me as it has been earned on my money. Since i am a defence personal i dont have time to keep running for a vehicle which i am paying for.The Maruti company is not doing any favour to me. I am under a great mental stress and i cannot concentrate on my job which is very demanding. I hope that Maruti company as a well recognised, famous and established organisation should look-in to this matter. Ihope for a feed back on this issue as soon as possible.