Marshall / terrible customer service!

1 Portland, OR, United States Review updated:

I bought a gift for my friends from Marshall and the size did not fit her so I wanted to exchange it. I took the product to new Marshall store in Cascade station near by IKEA in Portland OR. Since it was a gift I took out the price ticket. When I was returning the gift to the store all other tickets was on it except price tag. I had the receipt with me as well.in Return section the representative called manager, Harvey, and he waited me at least 20 minutes and later he told me that the product was not theirs with very rude way and pointing his finger to me he told me that he is going to give me the price of product but he told me that I'm liar. I felt very upset and angry and told him that I do not need his money and I took my gift and left the store. It was unbelievable I never seen bad customer service like that. I never will shop in any Marshall stores again. I'm planning to escalate this issue to Marshall Department store executive level as well.

Ha

Comments

9th of Feb, 2008

I had bad customer service experience in Marshall store in San Diego before but what you experienced is really bad and if I were you I would sue the store manager, Harvey, and the store as well attaccking your personality. Customer deserves a service not accusation!

John Callahan

• Va
      19th of Aug, 2008
    Marshall - Bad service
    Marshall
    Houston
    Texas

I went into a Marshall (Stafford Plaza, 11830 Wilcrest Drive, Houston - Wilcrest Dr., TX 77031

281-879-4866 )in Houston, TX to return a silicone steaming pot I had bought a week earlier only to face the most blatantly rude customer service from none other than the manager of the store, a miss Cathy. Not only did she speak to me in a loud and nasty tone (my 15 month old started crying, thats how loud she was) she actually laughed in my face when i said i would like to speak to the manager. 'Do you see this (pointing to her name tag) Hon, i am the manager, get it?)' And it was not the fact that I was returning something that made her turn nasty, she was nasty from the very second I approached her. Not sure if she was having a bad day or if the fact that I am a 1st generation (thus obvious) immigrant was what caused her behavior.

I have never experienced such hostile and downright rude behavior. If a manager behaves in such a way, I cant begin to imagine what employees under her must be doing. And just for your information, my husband returned the same pot at the very same location later that night without an issue. Maybe his being a Caucasian and not brown like me had something to do with it all? I am disgusted and will not be shopping Marshall again.

• Re
      9th of Sep, 2015
    Marshall - No return
    Celina, OH
    Mashall

I purchased a sweater on 9-4 I used my Debit card, I checked the bank and the amount was taken from my account on 9-5.
    I returned the sweater because it was not a true size on 9-9 and was told that I couldn't get cash, It had to be put back on my card.
    I am sure it will take a week or so to receive my money back, All this time Marshall is using my money.
    I will never shop there again.
    Even Wal mart give you cash back when you use a debt card.
    Marshall get with the time.