Marshall and Ilsley Bank / Incompetent bank service!

M&I Bank complaint: You take a risk by working with these people, at least at their Woodbury, MN branch:

1) While their building was under construction, my car was damaged in their drive-through. While they compensated me, the manager also sent a letter stating the problem was fixed. Needless to say, that was not and is still not the case.

2) I needed a letter from M&I for a problem with another business that could have ended up in litigation. They repeatedly claimed to have sent it, but I never received a copy. Finally I demanded one in person. The letter they produced was unaddressed, undated, and essentially useless.

3) Their tellers are not able to access or provide current information; only through blind luck was I able to avoid having my income tax pay-in bounce due to an automated deposit error! I had called in to be sure my balance was adequate, and I was assured it was; the same day, they sent an overdraft notice. They steadfastly refused to waive it, using every excuse to shift the blame to me, the customer. They said, "It's all part of the game."

My financial health is a game to them?" Avoid this bank, or at least this branch.

N  12th of Dec, 2006 by

Marshall and Ilsley Bank - Expired gift card!

I was given a gift card a year ago as a present. I went to use the card and was informed that the card had expired and there is no value on it.

Somebody gave them money to purchase the gift card, and they converted the cash to a card that has restrictions and expiration dates attached to it.
N  3rd of Apr, 2010 by
I would not deal with M & I Bank if it were the only bank left in the country. Put your money in a coffee can and bury it. I got a loan with m&i to build a house and used the house I had that was paid for and started the second house. The market slowed down and the house did not sell right away. mi had me come into the bank when the loan came due and told me I "HAD" to sign the new loan for 12%. Since then I have lost a house that was completely paid for and they are taking the house that I have just built. They took all my savings and everything that I had. They also managed to take 3 lake lots that I had.

If you want to deal with a bank that is unethical and immoral, they are the ones to go to.
N  3rd of Apr, 2010 by
Read and weep, or don't deal with the Devil