Marsh Jewelers LLC / No refund

The following letter that I sent to Marsh Jewelers should indicate the problem I am having with this company. It is now over four months since I made the original purchase and I have not received the three-diamond gold pendant nor the promised refund. I have NEVER received a reply or phone call from the company. I, however, have called almost weekly since December 20, 2008 and have yet to receive a refund.

Dear Ms. Marsh:

On December 8, 2008 I made an order with your company for a gold chain and a three-diamond pendant.

The chain arrived in time for Christmas, and it was the wrong size. I sent it back and received the correct size but I was never reimbursed for the return shipment. The chain sent was a 24" inch chain and I had ordered an 18" chain.

The pendant, which was to be a Christmas present for my wife, has never arrived. In spite of weekly calls to your customer service line and e-mails--which were never answered by the way--I got the same story: the pendant was about to be shipped from the provider; it would be shipped the next week; the pendant was received but the diamonds were of inferior quality so the pendant was returned. Just last week I was told it would be received by you and it would be shipped. When I called Tuesday, I was told that the item had been discontinued! I was stunned. I have been waiting for this item for two months and every contact with your company was initiated by me. I only received one call from your company and that was after I exacted a promise from the woman I spoke with to call back and leave a message.

I was told I could receive a full refund or 20% off any item from your web site. Unfortunately, you have no gold three-diamond pendants, so I elected a refund. I was told today that it would take SIX TO EIGHT WEEKS to "process" the refund! Not only have I had to wait for two months for the pendant, but also I cannot get my money back in order to buy my wife a pendant in time for Valentine's Day!

Surely as owner, you could speed up the refund? I have more than patient with this situation and so has my wife who still has not received her main Christmas present. I would appreciate it if you would expedite the refund to my VISA account. The more I am stalled, the more I am beginning to think I am going to be fleeced.

Comments

28th of Apr, 2009

Hello to you i'm James The Jeweler in Atlanta, Ga and i want to give you the proper channel to help you resolve your issue with Marsh Jewelers.

Contact: The Jeweler's Vigilance Committee For Consumers

Website: http://www.jvclegal.org/Consumers/index.php?categoryid=14

Phone: Normal business hours are 9am to 5pm,
    Monday through Friday (Eastern Time)
    excluding National Holidays.

Telephone: (212) 997-2002
    Fax: (212) 997-9148

This organization doesn't play when it comes to going after jewelers who have no respect for their business practices or the customers who patronize them.

28th of Apr, 2009