[Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International / timeshare
We were sold a Marriott Vacation Club package for $1000 and chose a Hawaiian vacation. We were told the rooms would be very similar to those which we stayed in at Newport beach the year before, which was a 2 bedroom, full kitchen and living room. After spending an additional $300 to go to a tier 2 resort plus an additional $400 for 2 additional nights, we arrive to a small studio they call a guestroom. So completely different than what we were told, we immediately spoke to the front desk Supervisor, who said they did have bigger rooms for ONLY an additional $100 a night to upgrade. We were unwilling to pay more as we were already receiving less than what we were told. We then went to Encore, their marketing department, who told us exactly the same thing and said we had come during the busy season. So, 1) the room does not come close to what was described at the last presentation. 2) The contract does not say the "guest room" is a studio. 3) It says the room has an ocean view when available yet no one told us this was their busy season. I feel this was a bait and switch and want to do whatever is necessary to expose these deceptive practices.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Marriott Vacation Club International Customer Care's Response, Nov 01, 2018
We are sorry to hear there was confusion about the villa type you were receiving for your package and appreciate your feedback. Our team would be happy to personally follow up with you about your stay. You may reach our customer care team directly at 800 936 6824 or by email at [protected]@vacationclub.com so that we may assist you.
More Marriott Vacation Club International Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott Vacation Club - stay away! 
- Marriott Vacation Club - misleading timeshare promises 
- Marriott Vacation Club - inability to trade up 
- Marriott Vacation Club - not what we expected 
- Marriott Vacation Club - scam 
- Marriott Vacation Club - customer service
- Marriott Vacation Club International - timeshare
- [Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International - misleading north carolina residents and other states about the friendship program
- [Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International - penalized for a cancelled vacation that was caused by mvc
- Marriott Vacation Club International - accomodation/customer service