[Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International / penalized for a cancelled vacation that was caused by mvc
We booked trip to stay at the Marco Island Location for February 24th - 28th 2018 using out Vacation Club Points on August 28 2017.
Due to hurricane renovations not being finished, MARRIOTT canceled our reservation on January 24th 2018 after asking us for room preferences on January 13th.
They offered us alternative locations but would not cover any change fees for adjusting our airfare.
I then find out that they penalized us as if we cancelled this ourselves.
Therefore I have over 3000 points I have to use this year or lose them, but can only book using these point 60 days in advance of stay, which is typically 12 months!
All customer service can say is that this is what the executive teams at Marriott has instructed them to do.
Customer care service did everything in their power to resolve this complaint. All attempts to contact the complainant have failed. Therefore, this complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and it's services are concerned.
Marriott Vacation Club International Customer Care's Response, Oct 01, 2018
Mr. Steineke, thank you for reaching out to our Executive Office team. We are happy that one of our customer advocacy managers was able to assist you with this matter. Thank you for being an Owner with Marriott Vacation Club.
More Marriott Vacation Club International Complaints & Reviews
- Marriott Vacation Club - stay away! 
- Marriott Vacation Club - misleading timeshare promises 
- Marriott Vacation Club - inability to trade up 
- Marriott Vacation Club - not what we expected 
- Marriott Vacation Club - scam 
- [Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International - timeshare
- [Resolved] Marriott Vacation Club International - misleading north carolina residents and other states about the friendship program
- Marriott Vacation Club International - accomodation/customer service
- Marriott Vacation Club International - lack of ability to cancel
- Marriott Vacation Club International - complaint over preview event in hong kong ritz carlton hotel 26th may