Marriott Hotelsignored burglery in room!

T Review updated:

While vacationing at a Marriott, 2 teenage boys climbed up to our second floor room and entered via the balcony. They stole numerous items, including ipods, nintedos DSI's, games, cameras, headphones, and liquor.
Although their parents made them return our stuff and remained anonymous, th kids kept some stuff and returned our other things in poor condidtion! Marriott is not offering to help in any way and is being stingy about giving us a new holiday even! For a few hundred dollars, they do not even want to care a bit about this awful experience!

Sep 14, 2009

The hotel is not resposible for any theft. Although, they should offer to call the police for you if that is what you would like done?

• D
      Sep 14, 2009

Oh! CustomerServiceDept -So now you are a lawyer in your spare time! I do not know the entire facts in this case but I do know that a hotel would not be exempt in a case where negligence on the hotels part can be proved. for example, it would be negligent for the hotel to have doors that didn't lock properly. That would not fall under the responsiblity of the patrons. Or, having windows that are easily accessed to teenagers that like to steal. It seems as if the hotel patrons exercised caution by securing their door when they left that it would be expected that their belongings would remain untouched. How did the teenagers get in? How do the windows lock? How did they climb the balcony without being detected? Where are the parents? All these questions need to be asked. If the hotel was not responsible for ANY theft, then what is to stop the employees/owners or othe patrons from ransacking every room and taking what they wanted when they wanted. Wouldn't it be prudent to make sure that an establishment hires individuals who don't have criminal records and make sure there is enough secuity to keep the patrons safe from harm. Wouldn't it be more prudent to follow through with police reports and documentation. Instead of keeping these yahoos anonymous, why not have them held responsible and make amends like they used to in the good old days? Restitution would be a good start to get the victims back on track again. These teenagers and their parents should be held accountable for the theft.

Sep 15, 2009

Where is the negligence?

• H
      Sep 16, 2009

Dont like being duped, you can't talk to customerservicedept, hard headed!!

Sep 16, 2009

Does it say on the inside of the door that the hotel is not resposible for lost or stolen items? Or on the registration card? Was the balcony door locked or left unlocked?

Aug 20, 2010
    Marriott Hotels - Poor Cleanliness in room
    Marriott Hotels
    United Kingdom

I usually have a decent room with Marriott wherever I ahve stayed arond the world. So, I don't know if this is just a one-off or not, but I recently stayed in one in the Southampton area and was really disappointed by the level of cleanliness of my room. The bduvet was especially dirty and smelled very bad. To be fair, they did come and replace it, but it left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of the weekend and I wondered what else was potentially dirty.

Nov 11, 2012
    Marriott Hotels - Marriott compromises safety and integrity to maximize profits
    Marriott Fairfield Inn & Suites
    Florida

The hotel room in the Fairfield Inn, Orlando, Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village had a number of safety issues and was not ADA compliant. I sustained bruising of my chest and a laceration on my face after hitting the edge of an outward opening bathroom door that was left ajar. The incident occurred while I was trying to make my way to the door of the hotel room as the ADA buzzer was ringing without the required ADA visual alarm in the hallway. The hallway was dark and there was no light switch to turn on along my path.

Hotel management said they would provide an adjustment to the room charge because of the incident but failed to come through on their word. Marriott Claims Services indicated they would pay my medical bills but subsequently changed their mind. It appears Marriott compromises safety and their integrity to maximize profits. I would not want others to put themselves and their families at risk with this company.

•   Nov 12, 2012

So you ran into a door, and it is their fault? The ADA does not protect you from your own carelessness.

• S
      Mar 03, 2014
    Marriott Hotels - Poor Cleanliness in room
    Marriotthotel
    Leithall
    America
    Phone: Mobile

The requirement of jobs are available for male and female who want to live and work in Canada!