Marriott Hotel / marriott hotel wont offer advertised rates

55 Fourth StreetSan Francisco, CA, United States Review updated:
3.35
I am staying in the San Francisco Marriott next week - mid-September for a conference I am attending. The conference literature posted a rate of $235 for a single room, available on a first come first serve basis. I called and made reservations in JUNE. I spoke with the hotel reservations, gave them the society name and quoted them the rate. They booked the room for me and gave me a confirmation number. I called this week to change the confirmation and I was told that I never booked it at the show rate and their current rates are $329! I said I had booked it at the lower rate and I booked it months ago. NO ONE would help me. I finally spoke to a Marriott customer service rep who, after putting me on hold for a while, said that since I did not call the CORRECT phone number to book the room, I had not been given the lower rate, and I WOULD not be given the lower rate of $235. The representative said I called the hotel directly and because of this he said he was sorry, but he could not change the rate. I asked if I was speaking with a MARRIOTT representative and he said yes, but reitterrated that since I called the hotel directly to book the room, they would not give me a lower rate. No one explained this to me and no one told me that the hotel would not offer me the advertised rate. Does this make sense to anyone? Its a rate the hotel was offering, but since I called the hotel directly instead of a third party I cant get the rate. And now since the hotel is full for the week, and all the rooms at the "special rate" are full, they wont help me at all. I think this is horrible customer service. I could understand if I had called to make the reservations and all the rooms were booked, but I called in June and the representative that I spoke to did not say I was not getting the lower rate or that she could not provide it to me.
Va

Comments

Sa
  11th of Apr, 2011
No matter what hotel you go to, Hilton, Comfort Inn, or even the Sharadon when there is a room block there are so many rooms open at a discounted rate. Once that room block is sold out, its to late, you missed it.
I have a confrence in July at a sharadon and silly me called to two weeks after registration was open, to book my room. Of course I had missed it and now have to pay full price, so really missing out on a limmited offer. Whos fault is that? REALLY?

Marriott International Logo Marriott International