Marlyn's Kennels / Akc Dog Breeder / Selling and denying sick puppies

1 3812 N 367th AveTonopah, AZ, United States Review updated:
Phone: 623 327 1254

I am writing to info you of what I believe to be unsanitary conditions at:

Marlyns Kennels
3812 N 367th Ave
Tonopah, Az 85354
Mark Robinson
[protected]

Attached please find a grid paralleling events of 2 Maltipoos purchased from Mark Robinson of Marylns Kennels. The puppies were from the same litter and both contracted Parvo although Mr. Robinson gave proof of vaccinations with both dogs. I have since learned that a Cockapoo purchased a couple of weeks earlier came with Round worms as did one of the Malti Poo's Wicket... After $7500 of Vet bills our Maltipoo (Guinness) survived unfortunately Wicket did not. Wicket was owned by Karina Bland, a writer for the Arizona Republic. Marlyns replaced Ms Bland’s puppy. Mr Robinson told both parties that none of the litter mates were ill, and the Parvo virus must have been contracted after purchase from Marylns. Research Vets at Pfizer and Schering Plough concur that gestation period for Parvo is 7 to 14 days. Guinness hospitalized with Parvo, 4 days after purchase, Guinness was in the hospital for 10 days. Wicket hospitalized 7 days after purchase, Wicket was Put to Sleep 2 days later... Please call if you want more information as we have a very extensive file. Lets prevent Marlyns from continuing to breed dogs producing puppies that suffer illness due to the condition at Marlyns. The owners continue to deny the fact that at least two puppies from the Malti Poo litter whelped on 1/12/08 did indeed contact PARVO this occurred on at least 6 different occasions with two different owners. In discussing the outcome of both the Cockapoo with an Extreme case of Roundworm, and the Surviving Maltipoo both owners were told in by different personnel from the kennel there would not be any restitution for any vet bills and to try and sue them.

Arizona does also have a Puppy Lemon Law which in facts states, numerous things one being receiving another animal, from the breeder, but the chances of both our pups being etherized by the breeder is extremely high. One other option is that the breeder, reimburse the parties for up to the price paid for the animal.This also was never offered, at one time that would have been an acceptable gesture but the more often our story is heard the more victims we uncover. To quote the Owner Mark Robison in our discussion, his exact words were. How much are your vet bills? (Which now total over 8000.00 ) Well, you will spend more on an attorney taking me to court then that, and the next statement. Makes our blood run cold " Bring it on". One should not ask for something they probably do not want.

To further quote a woman whom answered the phone at the kennel identifying herself as the Manager, to the owner of the Cockapoo... Pay your vet bill and we will see you in court...

Does this sound like a trustworthy source to you?

Comments

• Li
      11th of Jun, 2008

I also bought a dog from this man. A miniature dachsund. She had round worms when I got her and she also has demodectic mange which is something that is genetic. I called him to let him know and he said that he didn't think the mother had mange but he would check and if she did he would pay for her medicine. I never heard back from him. He also told me to send him a copy of proof that I had her spayed and then he would send me her papers. I sent him the copy and I never rec'd her papers. I bought her over a year ago.

• Me
      19th of Oct, 2008

Mark is the ### of the Earth. He lives off of the sale of sick and uncared for puppies. His sales pitch is that they are all champion lines, which is a crock of you know what. DO NOT believe a word out of this crooks mouth. He is being investigated for animal cruelty and has failed to show up for court, accept certified mail, and respond to numerous inquiries by phone. He pawns himself as an RN, the state board has no record of a mark robinson. Our dog was so sick with roundworms he had to go through 2 courses of treatment, out backyard had to be sanitized. It was a nightmare. He needs to be stopped. Pictures on his website are most likely not his dogs, but pictures he has saved of others and posted to stroke his pathetic ego problem.

• Gu
      19th of Oct, 2008

I agree he is a dishonest person and makes money selling sick and dying puppies. Mark everyone is judged at the end and may you rot there and burn for eternity.. You can run but you can not hide Loser, Lowlife, Liar... You try and hide from servers for court hearings but greed overcomes you and you think you will be selling a sick pup but get served.. HAHA HA HA HA HA does that show your intelligence. Trailer trash ### just like the RENTED TRAILER YOU LIVE IN. Does the out of state owner know your running a Parvo Puppy Mill that has contaminated her property for at least 2 years ??? Buyers beware check out Maricopa Animal Control Complaint Dept.. On the Sheriff's second visit.. Mark took the deputies to a pen containing a group of dogs being treated for Parvo on his property.. DUH every fly that lands in the ill dogs waste and then lands on any other animals food can contact Parvo.. OH Mark wait you told many of us you have never had Parvo in your kennel... We have copies of the report YOU IDIOT... Go back to were you belong with your type Not in Arizona may do ok in San Francisco.

• Je
      29th of Mar, 2009

I also had a terrible experience with Mark Robison. We went to see him about adopting a femal bull mastiff. Over the phone he told me that she was a pure bred show dog (which did not matter to me), 1 year old and spayed. When we drove out to his very disgusting trailer in the middle of Tonopah, he brought out a completely soaked, scared to death, malnourished, little dog with hair missing all over her little body. He claimed that she had a food allergy and that they figured out she was allergic to corn and that he had just bathed her since she got into something in the back yard. When we asked about her being so frightened, he said she had "kicked her ###" for killing a chicken so he "tied its dead body around her neck and made her walk around like that" so she wouldn't do it again. She would not get out of a chair that he said she napped in, so when he pulled her off the chair so we could see her she crawled on the floor. When I asked why she would do that, he said he taught her to crawl on her belly in the house so she would not get into trouble. Needless to say, there was no way I was leaving this dog at this hellish place. By the way, he told me many stories about how he rescues dogs and is the only person who helps them. I could go on and on, but briefly, we took our dog, Sydney to the vet immediately. She had mange (did not find that out until 6 months later, we thought the food allergy was the problem, but after rounds of antibiotics, special shampoos, and dietary changes-we had a the test for mange done), was not spayed and immediately went into heat the week after we got her (at least her 2nd heat by what the wet told us), we had her spayed. She has since gained 45lbs and looks much more like a bullmastiff should. She is so happy with us and we love her so much, but she is still so afraid at times and is not trusting of other people. I am so glad that we RESCUED her from this man and his hellish abuse of innocent animals. If there is anything I can do to help stop this abuse, please post how.

• Li
      6th of May, 2009

I called this place today from an ad in the newspaper (not identifying themselves as a puppy mill) and was rudely talked to when I asked about their cockapoos. I Googled the phone number and found this. I am so thankful I did. The man, I assume Mark, hung up on me as I questioned if perhaps they had a little older female cockapoo. Otherwise I might be interested the puppy. I still did not know this is a puppy mill...obviously a disgusting one at that. I called back to say he didn't let me finish what I was inquiring about. Hung up again. Then someone called me back screaming into the phone. From the above four comments, it sounds to me like this "business" needs investigated. I found other internet comments about Marlyns Kennels and none were good.

29th of May, 2009

I used to work for Mark Robinson, and I know about the Cockapoo incident. Mark warned the owner that they were not ready to be taken in to petco/petsmart because the did not have all of their parvo shots yet. So it was the fault of the consumers for not waiting for the vaccinations first. And he has never had a women work for him so i don't know where you bought that load of crap from.

• St
      7th of Jun, 2009

I just bought a puppy from Mark. I found worms in her feces and took her to the vet. They found a bacteria infection in her digestive system. I am really worried about her health after reading these complaints. She has not had her full check up yet.

I am going to do everything I can to get these animals taken away from this man.

I have called the animal cruelty line at Sheriff Arpaio's office and I plan to write him a letter too with this site attached to it
    I am calling Maricopa County Animal care and Control
    I am also going to contact 3 on your side!

If there is any way you want to help, please email me!!!
    stacia.harris1@gmail.com

Stacia

• Na
      9th of Aug, 2009

I purchased a dobie puppy advertised as housebroken & had been treated for worms. She had worms & was not housebroken. I returned her to Mark Robison who had me leave her in a kennel on the front porch & he would refund $450. which I paid & only had her for 2 days. When leaving I noticed kennels back from the road that looked uncared for. He is a crook & I wish aspca would inspect his kennels.

Nancy lattery
    lattery@centurytel.net

• Ke
      1st of Nov, 2009

I am sorry I did not post this earlier as I've been enjoying my beautiful puppy. After my husband and I went to animal shelters and rescue agencies to obtain a saved dog, after the whole Oprah kennel story we ended up purchasing our Lola from Mark.

Let me just say that I am aware there is abuse going on in some cases, this however is not the case. Why do people end up purchasing animals from "puppy mills?" I'll tell you...you are not interrogated, investigated and have people crawling up your rear to add an addition to your family. My husband was so discussed "he said let's go I don't want the third degree from the pet Nazi's. These places act as if you are adopting a baby for Crips sake. Want to know what your home looks like, yard etc. It is invasive and quite frankly disgusting. A friend of ours went to the Hayward shelter to adopt and was told no because he didn't have a training facility to take the dog huh...?

Suffice to say it would be nice if we could save an animal but these places do not make it easy. They would rather see the animal euthanized rather than adopted? I know that they want to make sure the animal is going to a good home and won't end up back in the shelter but come on folks. Not to mention some of these rescue places go to the shelters and pick out the "good-cute" animals they know will sell. Yes, there is always a fee people.

I flew to Arizona to visit my best friend and found Mark on an Internet ad. This man has been in business for years. I am myself am a business major with a BS in Business. In any business there will be complaints from time to time it happens. Shoddy products, bad craftsmanship etc. That said do not berate this business owner because you had a bad experience. Yes, you should report problems but there is no need to be nasty about it and it just shows that you aren't very nice people. Mark was extremely genuine and his home and kennel area were well kept from what I saw. Unless...he was hiding something when the inspectors came he was given a new license and provided that document to me. All dogs have worms do your research it is a matter of treating shots etc. We had Lola into the vet a few weeks ago and she is fine and well. I am sorry that some of you have had a bad experience but again not everyone can have a good one. It's an averages thing. As long as Mr. Robinson has a large percentage of good "product" rather than bad he is doing well.

I have referred others to him and will do so in the future.

Kelley Scranton
    Hayward, California
    merosebud8@aol.com

• Ni
      8th of Dec, 2009

Well Kelley, I have to disagree with you, as I'm sure many of the previous people above your comments do as well. As a business owner myself, I agree that you cannot please everyone all the time. However, you can act appropriately in a situation if you deliver a substandard product. I can tell you that I had Lhaso Apso's that I bred and I sold many puppies from them. Not one time did I ever have anyone call me to tell me the puppies were sick, had mange, parvo, giardia, bacterial infection, the list goes on... I had one person call to inquire about the personality of the dog because she had a baby. She called back 6 months later to let me know that if I had another litter, she would like another one. I have had people send me Thank You cards, pictures, referrals, the list goes on...

I purchased a Springer Spaniel from Mark and am finally getting her back to health. I picked her up on a Sunday night and surprisingly enough, she was also wet along with her sister. I was given the same story of "they rolled in cow poop in the back yard". Both puppies were very timid, but one much more than the other. He said the dog hated him. Now I know why! After getting her home, she laid on a bed I made for her and never moved all night. (she is a puppy remember). The next day she would not eat, drink or hardly move around. After doing a search for his number, I came across all the complaints. I should have done my homework before. After calling Mark, Maricopa Animal Control and my vet, I decided to take her into my vet. I was told her white blood count was extremely high and it needed oral antibiotics. She also had an infection in her eye and had green goup coming out of it. She needed an antibiotic for that also. She also was diagnosed with Giardia and was given more antibiotics for that. She also had fleas and ticks and I had to have her dipped 3 times! She also had tapeworm. Now remember, he said he had wormed her and had given me paperwork to show when I needed to worm her again. This was the very next day! If you worm a dog, it doesn't come back the next day. My vet assured me that she was definately not healthy. Mark says he has a health guarantee. It isn't worth the breath he wastes to make that comment. He reimbursed me $100 for my vet bills, which are well over $400 now. I spent over $300 in the first week. He also said if I needed any medicine he would send it. However, on his check he finally sent after 3 weeks, he wrote in the memo "not responsible for anything else after this check." What a guarantee! He also said she was only 4 months old. After taking her to the vet, they advised me that she was at least 6 months old, because all of her adult teeth had fully come in. He is full of lies and is very good at it because that is how he lives his life. He lies and uses innocent animals to support his simple lifestyle.

I'm not sure if you utilize your BS in Business, but if so I would hate to think you would treat your customers with the same type of treatment as Mark has treated his. If so, I can only tell you that you may not have a long future. If people who shopped at Walmart couldn't return a substandard product they had purchased, they would not be in business today. Without customers, your business will not succeed. I pride myself on return business, which is why my business is successful and 90% word of mouth.

I am glad you got a healthy puppy and I hope he has changed his ways. Obviously, several others did not. I don't think any of us are trying to berate him as you say. We are only trying to make others aware before they spend their time and money. It's simply just consumer awareness.

My only happiness in this whole situation is that I got my puppy out of that horrible situation. She has grown so much and has so much love for us because we rescued her. She is now healthy and is able to run and play and eat, without parasites eating her up inside.

• St
      9th of Dec, 2009

I couldn't agree more! That was very well said Nikki!
    I am also thankful to have saved my puppy as well. She was the exact same way as your puppy when we brought her home and for the first month. Now we can't calm her down! She gives more kisses and love than any dog I have ever seen! I can't help but think it is because she is thankful too to have been rescued from that horrible place!
    I hope someday in the near future, someone will investigate and see what is actually going on there and save those poor poor animals.I think they just need some more complaints from others. I have called about him serveral times and nothing has been done. Part of the reason is because he lives out in the middle of nowhere. (How convenient)
    It makes me so sad that those animals are in his heartless hands and angry that no one is doing anything about it!

• Gu
      28th of Feb, 2010

REMEMBER ALL I HAPPILY STARTED THIS FORUM AND I WISH I COULD START A MILLION OF THEM.
    THE GUY IS A CREEP, LIAR AND COWARD..
    BEFORE THE HATERS SHOW UP READ THE FIRST POST.. OUR STORY AND IF YOU NEED ANYMORE PROOF
    CALL MARICOPA SHERIFF DEPT ANIMAL ABUSE.. OR THE ANIMAL HOSPITAL WHERE MY PUP SPENT 10 DAYS TO SURVIVE PARVO.. ON ALMA SCHOOL AND GUADALUPE.. HE IS THE MIRACLE PUP STILL, JUST ASK ABOUT GUINNESS AND THEY WILL TELL YOU HIS MIRACLE AND OH YES THEY KNOW ALL ABOUT MARK...NOT FANS TRUST ME.
    YES HE LIED TO US, AND THREE OTHER FAMILIES WHO PURCHASED OUR PUPS LITTERMATES.. SADLY THEY ALSO ALL HAD PARVO AND MARK WHILE TALKING WITH ALL 4 OF US DURING THAT TIME HE DENIED ANY OTHER PUPS WERE ILL.. THE INTERNET PUT US IN CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER.. THUS i SUPPOSE I THROW IN ANOTHER ADJUSTIVE TO DESCRIBE HIM... STUPID IS APPROPRIATE.
    HIS LITTERMATES WERE ALL PUT DOWN BETWEEN 9 AND 11 WEEKS OLD... MARK WAS PAID AND KEPT/ STOLE THE MONEY FROM THESE DEVESTATED FAMILIES, NEVER OFFERING A REPLACEMENT JUST MORE LIES..
    REMEMBER PARVO SEEMS TO HAVE SEASONS AND THEY ARE THE SPRING AND THE FALL.. SO HIS KENNELS WILL BE FULLY INFESTED AGAIN SOON.. SO BUYERS BEWARE AND IF YOUR UNFORTUANTE ENOUGH TO NOT BELIEVE US, AND YOU DOG BECOMES ILL.. PLEASE FILE A COMPLIANT WITH MARICOPA COUNTY SHERIFF DEPT ANIMAL ABUSE, THE MORE THEY RECIEVE THE MORE APT THEY ARE TO CLOSE HIM DOWN AND PROSECUTE ... YEAH MAY HE ROT.. DOWN BELOW...
    DARN I AM TRYING TO LOAD SOME PHOTOS OF GUINNESS AT THE HOSPITAL, AND UPON HIS RELEASE BUT THEY WILL NOT LOAD..

PS.. MARK PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POST, TELLING ME ABOUT SLANDER.. ITS ALL FACTUAL YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION, AS DOES MY ATTORNEY, MARICOPA SHERIFF DEPT, ANIMAL HOSPITAL, AND MY VET AND THE VET YOU CLAIM TO HAVE YOUR ANIMALS SEEN AT.. OH YEAH THEY ONLY SELL YOU VACCINATIONS SOMETIMES..
    mARK HAD YOU SHOWN UP IN COURT, YOU WOULD HAVE MORE DATA..THUS MY COWARD COMMENT

28th of Jun, 2011

Mark is a good man who has been through alot. He survived liver cancer and has issues with his gastric bypass. He does the best he can and takes good care of his dogs. His dogs are champions and if you have an issue, say it to his face. Do not insult him behind his back. If anyone is a lowlife, it is you who sink so low as to insult a man you don't even know.

28th of Jun, 2011

Also, April and I are the only women to ever work for Mark and we don't answer the phone. I don't know where you got the whole "Female Manager" thing, but it's a bunch of ###.

• Un
      27th of Sep, 2012

MARK ROBINSON WAS ARRESTED SEPTEMBER 25 FOR ANIMAL CRUELTY!!! All of these accusations are TRUE. Thank you to everyone who complained. If you stuck up for mark and defended him then you may as well be in the cell with him. You are just as disgusting as him. He is a cruel human being.

• Nv
      27th of Sep, 2012

I was getting ready for work a couple days ago, while listening to the news, as usual. I hear "a man from Tonopah was arrested for animal cruelty" and I stopped everything to see who it was. Just I had hoped it was this ### Mark, who I purchased a dog from back in December of 2009. You will see my comments above. I actually haven't been on this site in several years, as I had moved on and figured nothing would happen. Thank God, this piece of crap finally got some punishment. In my mind, not nearly enough. Angelica, now what do you have to say for yourself? Maybe I should put you out in my back yard for awhile and you can walk in ### and drink water that has ### in it day after day. When you finally get some food, maybe you can ### worms like these poor dogs. There is this thing out there called "karma" and it gets you every once in awhile. Poor guy - survived liver cancer just so he could stick around a bit longer to torment helpless animals. I don't think anyone has a problem saying anything to Mark's face. It's not like he's going to beat them up. Have you seen him?? Looks like he has AIDS, which may have came from his "roomate" or that thing called "karma" again. Kelley, do you still think he has "good product?" He's now out of business, like most people who deliver bad goods time after time. I am so thankful that finally something was done. I called many times to Maricopa Animal Control and was told his place was fine and nothing seemed wrong. I'm sad that it took almost 3 years to do something. Image how many animals have died in that time. I think I might go visit Mark in jail. I would hate for Angelica to think I was a coward and couldn't say anything to his face. Angelica, would you like to join me?

• Mz
      30th of Sep, 2012

Those of you who are defending Mark and his abuse are equally as wrong and probably should be questioned as to your role in this definate case of animal cruelty. There is no question about abuse, the proof is in the eyes of these tortured animals. Their frail, tick infested bodies tell the story oh too well. We are not talking about just 40 dogs...we are talking literally hundreds who have suffered and continue to suffer by the hands of this torturer. It is unfortunate that it has taken so long for intervention to take place. This abuse and neglect has to be stopped once and for all and Mark or any one who supports him should never be able to have an animal again. There is no excuse for what has happened...no excuse whatsoever!

3rd of Oct, 2012

OK SO LETS SET THE STORY STRAIGHT. I have had three dogs from Mark I fostered, two of which I still have with me. These animals were in terrible shape when i got them. So for you people to claim what a wonderful man he is obviously you didnt see the dogs he had and the shape they were in. Nor have you watched and worked with these dogs with literally thousands of ticks no exaggeration. Dogs so tick infested they had tick fever. You are out of your mind if you ever think I am gonna believe that man deserves my sympathy. That man probably gets more compassion and care then he ever gave these dogs. So want to battle with me about how great that ### lord is then bring it. But I have spent my blood sweat and tears trying to show these dogs what love and bring a dog and part of the family is, cus all these know is how to breed and make Mark money. I am so glad he no longer has the dogs and cant wait till the last 10 dogs from him. They deserve so much more, and the punishment they give him is nothing compared to what he put these dogs through. IT SICKENS ME LISTENING TO YOU GUYS BACK HIM. YOURE JUST AS IGNORANT.

3rd of Oct, 2012

For those who said their dogs from Mark had worms and werent house trained. I am not shocked. These dogs I got from Marks had tumors, tape worms, ear mites and tick fever. You all just have no idea how neglected these dogs were. I have pictures and tried to upload to this complaint however it wont let me. It would horrify you if you saw them.

5th of Oct, 2012

Those who adopted dogs from him that was sick I would contact them and see if you can add your vet records to help on these charges or sue him. This will make his case harder to win on his record.