Marlboro / fsc cigarettes

1 Fort Worth, TX, United States Review updated:

I have smoked Marlboros Blend No. 27 for a while now, as have all my friends. With this new FSC cigarette, 75% of the people who smoked them that I knew became violently ill. The people who were around that did not smoke did not get sick. One person I know got so sick from them he quit all together. I got sick too and came very close to quitting. We are scouting out the last bit of old No. 27's and stocking up but I refuse to smoke these FSC Cigarettes once my stash has depleted. Im switching brands as soon as I can't find any non-FSC Marlboros. Its pretty ridiculous.

An

Comments

• Er
      4th of Jan, 2009

I have been smoking the FSC cigarettes and am concerned about the taste and the possible after affects that will come along after. This should of been a nationwide vote. Also, Cigarette companies are going to lose so much money because I would rather quit smoking than smoke the nasty cigarettes they are selling now. Are they going to make us sick?? Who will pay for that?? Has the paper even been FDA approved? Has it undergone 15 yrs of testing to make sure it is safe?

• Ta
      20th of Jan, 2009

You can still purchase NON FSC cigarettes online: http://www.carolinacrtons.com

• Ta
      20th of Jan, 2009

Sorry I had a typo... www.carolinacartons.com

• Hi
      30th of Jan, 2009

MY WIFE AND I AND A FRIEND THAT ALL SMOKE HAS BEEN SICK DUE DIRECTLY FROM MARLBORO RED AND 100 FIRE SAFE CRAP.
    WE HAVE SPENT A FEW BUCKS GOING BACK AND FORTH TO THE HOSPITAL AND REGULAR DOCTORS OFFICES TO FIND OUT WHAT THIS IS. DEFINATELY DIRECTLY LINKED TO THE FIRE SAFE STUFF. IF YOU KNOW OF A LAW SUITE OR SOMETHING WE CAN DO, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. @ HIPOFOMOCO@YAHOO.COM THEY, MEANING THE MARLBORO COMPANY OR THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO CHANGE THINGS LIKE THESE WITHOUT NOTIFICATION OR NOT KNOWING WHAT THESE CHANGES WILL DO OR WHAT THEY HAVE ALREADY DONE TO THE PEOPLE THAT SMOKE AND SUPPORT THEIR COMPANY AND PAY THE GOVERNMENT THE TAXES TO SMOKE.
    RANDY J. SIMS
    TRINIDAD TEXAS

• Da
      11th of Feb, 2009

Yes I know its a bad habbit, but I have smoke Marlboro Reds for 25 years. And have never had reason to complain until now. These new FSC Saftey Cigaretts are nasty. For my self they give me horrid headaches, dry mouth, sour stomach, and in a couple cases even vomiting. If you don't smoke Marlboro's for a few days these symptoms will go away, but don't believe me try it for your self, lets say over a 30 rotation.

Reading Blogs and other info around the net, it seem these FSC cigs are far more toxic than the Non FSC of days gone by, Which leads to some of the symptoms I mention above.

The Major Cigarette Companies are following the new Law's pertaining to Cigarette Saftey issues. Which is laugable at best.
    The hot ash flares and flies everywhere and the cherry falls off constantly. I ask you what is suppose to be safe about that.
    I can only conclude that either this is the biggest anti smoking campain set upon the smokers nation wide. Or the folks at Philip Morris really want to put them selves out of business.

Rolling My Own Til Further Notice

21st of Feb, 2009

I have been searching the internet for places to get NON FSC Cigarettes...here is what I come up with.

This place has lots of good comments about them in blogs over the net.

You can get NON FSC cigs like Marlboro, Camel, Parliament, Winston, Salem, Newport, and all the most popular brands WITHOUT Fire Safe Paper.

Anyone looking for the cigs without the FSC paper...here is your answer:

Glad to help out, others pointed me to them and now I am a happy NON-FSC smoker again...ENJOY! maybe this will help out others as well...

Buy NON FSC Cigarettes here:

Here is the link to all you need to know about what states do and do not have the FSC Law:

• Ru
      23rd of Mar, 2009

I am from Arlington Tx. I have noticed that I have had a sinus and brochial infection and or a cold of and on since the new FSC cigarettes came out. I spent some time thinking that I just had a bad case and bad luck for the season. I am fairly convinced now that these cigarettes are the cause. I have had and gotten over and then gotten this cold again three different times. Something is definantly not right here. I am going to continue to investigate. I realize that I should stop smoking for my own health benefits, but I should not have to because of a bad product. And if the reason for my sickness turns out to be these cigarettes, due to some chemical or extra paper, you can bet that I will be looking for legal issues.

• Cs
      13th of May, 2009

I was not aware of the whole FSC cigarette issue until a friend told me to look on my cigarette box and see if the FSC was there. I looked and sure enough it's there. I decided to look online to find out what I could about it. I recently moved from one state to another and noticed the cigarettes here taste horrible. I thought maybe my tastebuds were "off" due to the allergies I have here. I've noticed I can't breathe as well as I could before we moved. The heavy feeling in my chest NEVER goes away here. The cigarettes I'm smoking now almost make me sick. I think I'll just stop smoking all together.

8th of Jun, 2009

I HATE FSC CIGARETTES!!! THE WORST. I WAS LOOKING FOR A REASON TO QUIT AND NOW I HAVE IT. THERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN SOME SORT OF MENTION OF THIS. I FEEL THIS IS ANOTHER MISREPRESENTATION FROM PHILLIP MORRIS. THE PRICE GOES UP AND THE QUALITY GOES DOWN. TOTALLY SUCKS BIGTIME. I WILL NOT GO FOR THIS ANYMORE. I WOULD BET THE FSC IS WORSE THAN BEFORE. I HATE THEM. I GET MAD SMOKING THEM. HAVENT THEY EVER HEARD OF A FOCUS GROUP? THEY DONT CARE ANYWAY. IM GETTING THE PATCH TODAY, SO I DONT CARE. THESE FSC CIGS CAN GO STRAIGHT TO HELL IN A HANDBASKET!!

LET ME REITTERATE...I HATE FSC!!! I HOPE THEY DIE AND GO TO HELL

• Jp
      10th of Jun, 2009

I agree with everyone. This new FSC crap is for the birds. I can't stand to smoke this new crap they have been putting in the cigarettes. Most of my friends agree with me on the taste and how they burn. Sometimes the cigarettes taste stale and other times they taste like they are soaked in oil. Plus I don't get this fire safe cigarette thing, these cigarettes are supposed to go out and not catch things on fire. But when an ash or part of a cherry would come off these cigarettes and dam they burn worse than having the regular cigarette ash or cherry fall off onto bare skin. I think it's a lot of government BS!! Yes smoking is bad and yes I should quit but making cigarettes with this crap seems like a violation of our constitutional rights!!! I wish we could ban this crap!!!

• Da
      19th of Jun, 2009

FSC Cigarettes SUCK! They make my sinuses messed up, my throat sore, and my head hurt. There's corn starch in the paper to keep them from burning unless you puff on it like crazy which in turn makes you smoke more. The government is ridiculous, they're getting too big and want to take over everything. Now smokers (and soda drinkers) have to make up the national debt with MORE taxes! You can all thank Obama and the liberal idiots for the taxes! Luckily, I live in Tennessee and they don't have FSC cigarettes... yet.

10th of Jul, 2009

They're awful, but they're gonna be everywhere soon. Sounds like I got TN til January, then OH til May, and then, Wyoming is the only hold out in the country. Guess I'll have to roll my own. It's disgraceful that there was never a vote or even a discussion, or even a dictatoresque announcement about this happening. A little special interest group just decided they wanted it done, and went after it and got it done. Why don't we fight back, I've tried but I'm in a small minority. http://www.non-filters.com

• Bi
      10th of Jul, 2009

HOW COULD A TOBACCO COMPANY DO SOMETHING SO BACKHANDED?!?

• Wo
      13th of Jul, 2009

thank GOD that i have children that live in states that i don't. (TX) i travel & have been lucky enough to get cigarettes that don't have the FSC code on them. i'm about to run out & have had trouble finding them online. i've NEVER had a cough, sore throat, hacking like i've had since they've put that damn code into effect. i feel like i'm smoking a generic cigarette that i've never been able to smoke without those effects. guess the gov. (big brother) has decided to use our minds once again and let us know just what it is that we can do, when we can do it & how we can do it while we pay for it all. Just lucky americans that are so free aren't we?!!!

• Mr
      19th of Jul, 2009

I have smoked Marlboro at least 15 years. what have you done to them I light up and before you know it it has gone out not just once but maybe2-3 times what is the reason for this, I am a concerned smoker

• Cj
      7th of Aug, 2009

I have been smoking Marlboro since 1976. The new FSC has got to go! The taste alone is awful but what burns me up, and I mean burn... you have them in your mouth, and they will go out, you set them in an ashtray, they will continue to burn, maybe not on the outside, but on the inside. I have a very severe burn on the top of my leg to prove it that is going to be a nasty scar for the rest of my life, and burn marks in 2 vehicles that had none before this. How many complaints do you need to go back to the original?

• Di
      12th of Aug, 2009

I think a lawsuit should be filed to force the removal of this poison they have added.I guess I can always get a can of bugle and some papers and roll my own instead of lining Marlboro's pockets for the worst possible additive you can put in cigs...how ironic they want to save our lives by adding a poison.We know they are bad for our health but we have the freedom to choose whether to smoke or not to, but when they force this FSC poison into our bodies they better be ready for another round of lawsuits, we care no more what some Harvard dr, who is probably on some anti-smoking board and has done no serious research to the healt risk they have exposed us to.

• Po
      27th of Aug, 2009

I'd like to know who is responsible for the change in laws that enables them shove this crap down our throats!!! No doubt, some radical, extremist tobaccophobe who had the contacts in DC to get this foisted upon the smoking public without the public even being aware that it was in the works!!! Just like everything else being done in Washington, by either the White House or our exalted congressmen/legislators, they think they are more qualified than us and therefore, only too happy to make decisions for us. I for one, am sick and tired of their intrusion into my life and will do what ever I can to change this. They all need to be run out of town on a rail or, more preferably, a "spit" !!!

Sign me,

A pissed off American!

P.S. Anyone who reads this and knows of a site or blog that I can join to help repeal this change, please contact me at jsonnylv3500@cox.net.

Thanks.

• Ge
      8th of Sep, 2009

I think they should of asked us if we wanted a change, and what does it really do except go out and we have to puff on it so much more and maybe even light up more often. I know I shouldnt smoke but if I choose to do so then I should be able to smoke what I like and with the cost of every pack much higher, I think it would be better to roll my own, HOW COULD IT BE ANY WORSE

• St
      14th of Sep, 2009

It is a terrible product. I commute from Michigan (Still FSC free) to Indiana for work. I was blindsided by this when I purchased Winstons in Indiana. I thought I was going crazy, and almost crashed my car thinking that I must have knocked the cherry off in my lap when the fire mysteriously disappeared. Then I started noticing the foul taste, the headache and nausia set in. Michigan smokers used to buy cigarettes in Indiana because they were cheaper. Now Hoosiers are flocking to Michigan to pay more for their cigarettes in an effort to avoid this disgusting product forced upon unsuspecting consumers of a highly addictive product. This is a good test of how the pacification of our society is working. A huge population of people (Tobacco addicts) once again laying down and taking it. Extorted by insane taxes, condescended on socially by those lucky enough to have escaped this addictions' grasp. And now this. I feel the oppression. It is only the beginning.