Marks and Spencers / Food Order Service - Unable to Use Vouchers

1 Brooks StreetBroughty Ferry Dundee, Scotland, Tayside, United Kingdom Review updated:

I kept some gift vouchers this year for Marks and Spencers, specifically to purchase food for Christmas dinner. The voucher clearly states that it can be used for food and drink. Today I have attempted to order food from one of the Marks and Spencer outlets (using the christmas order form) and was clearly told that the till could not accept vouchers as a deposit for our Christmas dinner. I have spoken to someone at head office and she was not able to comment about this initially and had to contact the store directly. She has since called me back and now advised me that I need to pay by either cash or card. Apparently the order book says that vouchers cannot be used. This obviously contradicts the back of the gift voucher? Poor communication and bad customer service.

I would be interested to hear if anyone else has had a similar experience?

Comments

• Pa
      14th of Oct, 2009
    Marks and Spencers - STAINED TEE SHIRT
    MARKS AND SPENCERS
    England, Leicestershire
    United Kingdom

SIR, I RETURNED A WHITE SCHOOL TEE SHIRT 5 WEEKS AGO COMPLAINING THAT IT WAS BOUGHT STATING THAT IT WAS STAINPROOF AND HAVE'NT HAD A REPLY. THE TEE SHIRT WAS IN A PACK OF 3 AND NONE OF THE STAINS ON ANY OF THE TEE SHIRTS CAME OUT. THE GOODS WERE RETURNED TO YOUR OFFICE AT WATERSIDE HOUSE IN LONDON ON THE 21/09/2009. PLEASE COULD YOU LOOK INTO THIS MATTER. THANKYOU. YOURS SINCERELY MRS P ASHBY.