[Resolved] Markham Stouffville Hospital / Dr George M. Arnold

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Years ago, I took my pregnant wife (African-American) to the above mentioned hospital, for her first appointment with a Dr George Mathew Arnold (white male). Within weeks, they were always on the phone. One day, I returned from work to find out that the Dr had taken my wife out. I later spoke to him and told them that i was against him taking my wife out. My wife took my father and I, that the dr was gay and like a girlfriend.
After the child was born, my wife had the child baptized in the doctors church and made him the godfather.
2 months later, I was in a boxing competition and just before my fight, I noticed my wife and the doctor in the audience. I approached them and made sure they were removed.
A few days later, she called the Police to remove me from our home, telling them that I was too jealous of her gay doctor friend.
She subsequently divorced me and later, married the doctor.

I later received papers from their lawyer that the doctor wanted to adopt my 2 children and for me to pay $400/month instead of the $800/month I was already paying. I declined and as a result, never saw my children.

As a result of not seeing my children and paying $800/month, while they resided in a multi million dollar home, I went through depression and after about a year of seeking treatment, I quit my job.

The Dr did not like it and listed all my medical problems and medications I was on, in a court document.

I later got proof that he had logged into my hospital file on 2 occasions.

This Dr, George Mathew Arnold, is a board member of the Medical College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario.
I really think he is a SOCIOPATH. He tried to get a restraining order by saying I would hurt his wife but was denied.
I then left Ontario for Alberta and 2 years after, he got his hospital to call the Calgary Police to say I am a dangerous person.
As a result, I have been unable to renew my Private Investigator license.

I feel the time is coming to start fighting back.

• Resolution statement

I have decided to let it all go. The man is a good father to my kids and I know, he is a good Dr. I have spoken to people about him and they speak very well of him. I don't agree with the whole situation but from his work, he is good. I have to be honest about that. What happened has made me a recluse. I am unable to trust anyone and fearful when anyone gets close to me. By forgiving and letting it all go, I hope it would let me see the good in the world. I would like to smile, be able to go on a train, workout in a gym, take a bus, and not be scared of people. I need to see the sun, be happy and be a productive citizen.

• Updated by cobra_boxer, Apr 19, 2018

Sorry about your situation. My dealings with the Hospital caused me Post-traumatic stress disorder [PTSD] and destroyed my life.
    The problem is that they are all protected and fell like they are Gods.

Comments

• Al
      30th of Jun, 2014

Hmm, interesting story that sounds awfully familiar... This occurred around 1995, correct?

30th of Jun, 2014

Yes. I was only angry that he logged into my medical file on 2 occasions and wrote about my medical condition and medications that I was on. He then gave his medical opinion on my ability to work.
    He informed the medical board that I told him about my medical conditions as he was helping me get a Doctor to help me out.
    Lawyers told me that it was against Medical policies for what he did.
    I let it all go because he is a very good father to my children, even though they would not speak to me.
    Their mother left me because she said I was too jealous of her gay Doctor . She eventually married him and kept the children away from me.
    She took close to $150, 000 from me and eventually had the Dr adopt my children.
    I eventually had to leave Toronto as I feared for my life.

30th of Jun, 2014

Regarding the above, in 2003, I received papers from their lawyer stating that the Dr wanted to adopt my 2 children and for me to pay $400 a month after the adoption. I refused and never saw my children again.
    I missed my children so much. Working hard, paying $800 a month and not seeing them really hurt.
    By 2005, I could not sleep at might and when I did, could not wake up. On my 40th birthday, I received a 1 line email from my daughter, saying Happy Birthday. That was probably the lowest day of my life.
    I eventually quit my job, Management Information & Technology position, with the Government, as I could no longer function.
    The Dr filed court papers, stating that I quit for no valid reason and that I was planning to kill my ex wife.
    As an adult, I have never hit a woman in anger and this Dr was trying to ruin me.
    As a black man, I was fighting a losing battle against a white man, a Medical Doctor.
    I am over 6' tall and 210 pounds. I am trained to use firearms. I have never been in a fight outside the boxing ring but they felt worried.
    In all, it thought me that life goes on, regardless of what is happening in your life.
    Never fight against the forces of the world as you would lose every time.
    I can only control my life and have no control over what anyone else might do.
    Life is the way it is because that is the way it is.

2nd of Jul, 2014

I would like to speak to you about this matter but not on a public site. Please email me alexia.alexia1964@gmail.com

2nd of Jul, 2014

p

19th of Jul, 2014

I have decided to let it all go.
    I don't agree with the whole situation but from his work, he is good.
    By forgiving and letting it all go, I hope it would let me see the good in the world. I would like to smile, be able to go on a train, workout in a gym, take a bus, and not be scared of people. I need to see the sun and be happy and be a productive citizen.

26th of Jul, 2014

Having gone through the proper channel in complaining about a Medical Doctor, my advice to anyone that has a problem with a Doctor, is to take matters into your own hands. I am sorry to say but you would only be wasting your time and money, in complaining to the Medical College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario. Their job is to protect the Doctor.
    My complaint was against a Doctor, who was also a CPSO Board member and complaining to CPSO, they protected this Doctor and nothing was written about the case on the CPSO website. I would not be surprised if all the letters sent to me, were not made official. In fact, I would be 99% certain of that.
    With my experience in dealing with CPSO, I looked at many cases against the Doctors and was really not surprised at the results. If you look at the complaints, the names of the guilty Doctors were mostly non English.

90% of complaints are against Doctors with non English names. The ratio of non English to English Doctors is not 9 to 1.
    So why are there so many complaints against those Doctors.
    From my own complaint against a Doctor, that clearly broke Medical Policies [
    1. dating my wife, while he was her Doctor, even after I told him to stay away,
    2. logging into my Medical computer file (2X) and then writing about my medical conditions and medications I was on,
    3. Giving his medical opinion, on my ability to work, in a court document,
    4. Saying he believed that I wanted to hurt my ex wife,
    5. Calling me a liar as to ever winning the Provincial Heavyweight Amateur Boxing title (2X) ].
    During the time that my ex was pregnant, the Doctor and my wife were always on the telephone and I spoke to him once, while he was out with my wife, to break her back home. I found it very strange that a Dr would be taking his pregnant married patient out.
    She made him the child's godfather, had the child baptized at his church. In fact, he picked her up and they both went to the church together. He also paid for the child to be baptized.
    My father asked her, if it was true that she was dating this doctor and she said that the Doctor was gay and just a friend.
    A few weeks after the end of her last official appointment with him, he had the balls to take my then wife to a boxing tournament that I was in. I was so in shock that this man was so brave.

CPSO declined to send me any written documents on my complaint, until I called close to 100 times and they called the Police to pay me a visit.
    After about 2 years, all they said was that he would be issued a warning.
    I don't believe any of that would ever happen.
    This Doctor, is a Board member of the same complaint department, that I was complaining to.
    My honest advice to any complaints against a Doctor is, don't waste your time complaining.
    CPSO is there to protect the Doctor.
    Look at the past record of complaints and you would see that.
    If the Doctor is a white male, find some other way to deal with that Doctor.
    Look at the records and you would agree with the above.

26th of Jul, 2014

CORECTION

During the time that my ex was pregnant, the Doctor and my wife were always on the telephone and I spoke to him once, while he was out with my wife, to BRING her back home. I found it very strange that a Dr would be taking his pregnant married patient out.
    She made him the childs' godfather, had the child baptized at his church. In fact, he picked her up and they both went to the church together. He also paid for the child to be CIRCUMCISED.

1st of Aug, 2014

I noticed that my case was marked "RESOLVED" way before I said that I would not take any action at the present time.
    No one contacted me or addressed the issues.
    That is the problem with CPSO.
    They don't do proper investigations and also no documentation.
    I would soon place all the letters that I received from them, so that people can see the work they did.

WHO MARKED THE CASE RESOLVED DAYS BEFORE I WROTE ABOUT LETTING IT GO?

BECAUSE OF THAT, I STILL PLAN TO SUE AND MAKE ALL MY DEALINGS WITH CPSO PUBLIC.

• Hu
      15th of Jan, 2016

Hi,
    I find your story very interesting. Would you speak to me in public, I too have some interesting facts I'd like to tell you about. Please email myself @ doglover_55@hotmail.com

15th of Jan, 2016

Sent you an email

16th of Jan, 2016

Doctors are well protected and would always break the so called Policies.
    George just about destroyed my life and CPSO protected him. I later found out that he was a CPSO Official.
    I need written documentation as words does not mean a thing.

• P
      19th of Apr, 2018

Markham Stouffville Hospital won't exist for long. Today is 04.19.2018 They have very poor triage nurses and the Dr. had no idea why I was there. Then what is the point of triage then? They tried putting me in a room with beds with straps. I felt uncomfortable and went back into the main Emergency waiting area. I explained to the nurse that was 5'8 140lbs with long curly brown hair and glasses age about 45-50yrs old. She then said wait until one of the main rooms open up. During the time waiting 2 york regional police officers came in with a person in custody along with other people. My name was called again by the same nurse and again brought me to that same room I didn't want to be in. This time those 2 police officers and man in custody were in the same room. The Dr. was present to at the time and threatened if I didn't want to see him in that room then I would be asked to leave the hospital. I seen him with the officers and man in custody present which I didn't feel was right it's a private matter I don't think they treated me like everyone that goes to a hospital for a medical emergency should be treated. The Dr. didn't even know why I was there until I had to repeat everything again to him. Total time with Dr. was 3 minutes. He then said to me I'll get you some food to eat a sandwich and a prescription for Naproxen. I waited for about 10 minutes no one came so I then took my bag and walked to where the triage nurses were. I explained i seen the Dr. and said I could have a sandwich and the prescription. I then dropped my bag on the floor and the nurse complained to that first nurse i mentioned earlier. She then said I have to leave the hospital and i would be getting nothing no sandwich and no prescription. I said i wouldn't leave without them because I said the Dr. said I could have them. She called security and police. Poilice came and said i had to leave but they did get the prescription from the Dr. for me. The thing is no sandwich and the medication requires food before taking the medication. I believe the hospital and staff violated my human rights and want them charged and investigated by authorities.