Marketing Masters, Inc. / Bad business practice

During the Christmas holiday me and my boyfriend were at the mall doing some last minute shopping when I saw a candy red 2005 Mustang GT parked in the middle of the mall. I assumed that the red box located next to the car, was the sweepstakes entry box for this hot car, so I filled out a card. Last week I received a call and I was told that my card was picked from the box of entries and I would be able to choose 1 of 3 prizes : 30, 000 towards a new car or 25, 000 cash, 500.00 cash or some kind of trip. Now, if it was anyone's choice, they would take the cash of 25, 000 or the car valued at 30, 000, why would they put this up against a trip valued at 695.00 or 500.00. The women was very short with the conversation, she just wanted to verify my address and phone number, she also told me to wait for a bright orange envelope to come in the mail for the details. I waited anxiously after I was told that it as not a joke. I received this letter that says you will receive 1 of 3 prizes. And I called the number within 72 hours of receiving the letter as told. During this call I was told I had to drive 2 hours to Virginia to a resort to listen to a 90 minute seminar about the resort, " what does this have to do with my prize" I said to myself and now there is a number on a card that I received in the orange envelope that will be matched up to a list to see what I will get when I get there, no more of the choose which one you want. I said ok and I made an appointment for tomorrow. Then, I sat and thought that I needed to do some homework before I take a day off and go to VA for no reason. I went online to try to find info and this place has no official website and then I come across a bunch of complaints about this situation. I hope that this, Wilderness Presidential Resort & Marketing Masters, Inc. duo is put out of business.

Ga

Comments

• Bi
      27th of Apr, 2009

This is really a bad complaint due to the fact that as the "OWNER" of Marketing Masters, Inc. and in the resort business this complaint is clearly slander! WE are a Michigan corporation that has been in business since 1993 and have never had a complaint of any type. We are investagating the person who placed this remark on this site with all intentions of filing civil action.

• Gi
      10th of May, 2009

Bill sounds like he's trying to scare people into not putting complaints.

My friend received a finalist confirmation letter from Marketing Masters, Inc. from Hartford, Michigan. In the letter, it says, "To receive your gift, two forms of identification will be required, a drivers license, along with a major credit card and/or a checkbook". I wonder why a major credit card and/or a checkbook is needed for a free gift?

• To
      19th of May, 2009

Girl4three,
    There letter also says that you must be "Credit Worthy", to receive this free gift, maybe a credit card and check book stops the embarrassment for those who do not have credit or those who just don't meet the qualifications at all. If you watch any game show on television and can read, it "ALWAYS" states that " ALL CONTESTANTS MUST MEET ELIGILBILITY REQUIREMENTS". I guess it's a said day in America when companies now have to enforce rules and guidelines to weed out those who are just trying to beat the system. Kinda sounds like that is what your friend was clearly trying to do. I would bet if this company would do a little more research on your friend, we'd discover a lot more then just this incidence or her trying to pull a fast one.

• Ju
      29th of Oct, 2009

Marketing Masters, Inc are calling for Wilderness Presidential Resort (a timeshare) located in Spotsylvania VA. The caller says you may have won one of four awards but you will be contacted in a few minutes. You will get a return phone call requesting you come to their resort to see which award you will win. You are pressured into a timeshare. One award is a ski package at Massanutten Resort. Massanutten Ski Resort is associated with Wilderness Presidential Resort. Wilderness Presidential Resort price is about $14, 000 for membership plus about $380 a year maintenance fee. If you search the internet you will find a lot of people willing to give you their membership so they will not have to continue to pay the maintenance fee every year. I have found a lot of people willing to give away their membership and or sale at a very low rate.

Is it worth the price? I was there and I would not want a membership for free!

Search the internet for Wilderness Presidential Resort and judge for yourself!

The reason they ask for a major credit card and/or a checkbook is to varify you have some credit before they waste their marketing spill.

This is not "SLANDER" but what happened to me!

Wilderness Presidential Resort

(540) 886-8413 (Fax)
    (800) 797-3052 (Free)

• Da
      7th of Dec, 2010

today had the misfortune of of dealing with marketing masters.. they truly are masters but only in deceit.. the massanutten resort is far from being a CLASS A resort. motel 7 looks like a 5 star hotel next to this village of deceit.
    the 9o minute tour took more than 2.5 hours. THEN the hard sell came. was not sure how stupid they thought we were or how arrogant they were... but we walked away with our prize... a 3 day stay at another resort to go through the same hard sell of faux class and accommodations. was reimbursed the 75 plus and other 75 LESS the credit card processing of 4.99 lol lol
    i strongly suggest that you walk away from massanutten resort as it is just a mass of nothing and definitely be ware of marketing masters...

• We
      7th of Feb, 2011

WELL WE WE NOT AT SMART AS SOME. WE GOT TAKEN BY MARKETING MASTERS IN HARTFORD MICHIGAN.WE HAVE A DEBT IN THE THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. THEIR PLAN DOES NOT WORK. WHENEVER WE TRY TO USE THE SO CALLED 50% SAVINGS WE WERE PROMISED, WE ARE GIVEN RATE QUOTES MORE THAN REGULAR CUSTOMERS WITHOUT THIS WONDEROUS PLAN. WE RECEIVE LETTERS FROM MMI BUT NEVER WITH A SIGNATURE OR A TELEPHONE NUMBER INCLUDED IN THE LETTER.. I HAVE CALLED INFORMATION TO OBTAIN A NUMBER BUT WITH NO SUCCESS. I HAVE TRIED ONLINE TO FIND A NUMBER TO CALL"BILL" IN HARTFORD MICHIGAN, BUT I COULD FIND A NUMBER AND TALK WITH SOMEONE IN VIRGINIA WHO WITH HER SWEET SOUTHERN ACCENT SAID, " SORRY WE ARE NOT PART OF THAT GROUP "AND COULD NOT HELP ME.I WISH BILL IN HARTFORD MI, WOULD JUST GIVE HIS SO CALLED "OFFICE" NUMBER SO HIS "CUSTOMERS" COULD SPEAK WITH HIM DIRECTLY. I HAD A PHONE NUMBER A YEAR AGO, BUT NOW THAT NUMBER IS "DISCONNECTED". MMI ONLY WANTS YOUR MONEY AND WE ARE SORRY WE GOT INVOLVED WITH THEM. I SPOKE WITH BILL A YEAR AGO AND WITH HEATED EMAILS AND PHONE CONVERSATIONS, BILL JUST TOLD ME IF I DID NOT MAKE THE PAYMENTS, HE WOULD TAKE ME TO COURT. SO BASICALLY, MY HUSBAND AND I ARE SCREWED OUT OF ALOT OF MONEY. NO SERVICE OR PLAN THAT WORKS AS PROMISED, NO CUSTOMER SATISFACTION, NO WAY TO CONTACT THE COMPANY, ONLY THREATS TO BE SUED, AND ALOT OF DEBT. ANY SUGESTIONS OR HELP FROM ANYONE? I EVEN TRIED TO OBTAIN A NUMBER FROM INFORMATION FOR THE BETTER BUISNESS BUREAU IN MICHIGAN. NO SUCH NUMBER FOR THEM EITHER. AIN"T THIS A KICK?!!!

• El
      3rd of Aug, 2011

Dear Wendie Is My Name. I can provide you with a telephone number of Marketing Masters. His address in Hartford is 63056 48th Avenue Hartford, Mi. He is operating under a couple of businesses. You can look online under Bandit Aerial Productions.
    He was at one point in time doing some marketing for Wilderness. I would not buy anything from Bandit Aerial Productions. This guy is very sneaky.

21st of Sep, 2011

Ms. Dziurkiewicz,
    Thank you for the input on this matter. Let all be known that you were also a officer of that company. Slander is very serious in this matter. Second, Ms. Wendie did in fact purchase a program through a business known as Thunderbird Resort, Marketing Masters only services the loan in which she had taken out to pay for her purchase. I understand that you Elizabeth were let go from Marketing Masters due to some personal habits that were clearly against there business practices. Third, Marketing Masters, Inc. is a corporation not an individual as you state. To post any type of information with no regards to corporate laws could very well be a criminal offense.

• St
      12th of Mar, 2012

I had a similar experience. We were guaranteed one of 3 prizes: 20, 000 or 25k toward a new car, a resort package, or 500 visa. we were given a ticket number and had to travel to massanutten resort in VA to find out what we won. We were informed ahead of time about the 90 minute presentation on the resort. they also offered us a free room since we had a long commute (2 hours) and asked for 75$ deposit on the room in case of damages. The 75 along with an additional 75 would be refunded when we got there. we called back the next day to cancel the room and the 75 turned into a deposit of good faith that we would attend the presentation. we did end up getting our 150 at the end of the presentation which took over 3 hours (not 90 minutes). the experience was all an attempt to sell us a timeshare. the buying price went from 26000+ to below 5000 in the end. We met with 3 people. the gentleman who showed us around was pleasant and not pushy at all. the 2nd woman pressed on... can you afford this much, how about this much, this much with no down payment, what can you afford? finally she agreed to take us to claim our prize which was really attempt number 3 with the "straight shooter" I'm not on commission and can do you for this much. we got out of it by saying we'd like a night to think and would call back the next day. finally our prize was a resort package... which consisted on ski lift discounts, waterpark discounts, golf discounts... but no overnight stay and was basically a ploy to get us to return to the resort and spend more money. we were entered into a drawing for the grand prize of 20000. Don't fall for this. Also if you are intent on buying a timeshare know that they do NOT increase in value, do not buy for the exchange because it is much harder than they make it sound to exchange, and you can buy a massanutten timeshare directly from an owner on redweek.com for less than 2000! we also got 3 night stay as part of our prize in orlando which was worth about 300 (not sure what kind of place they hooked this up at) but has to be used in a year and check in must be sunday, monday, or tuesday. one way or the other you'll have to spend money since the stay and the resort package are at 2 different places.

• Ph
      15th of Jan, 2014

sounds like people are more unhappy with the resort than with marketing masters. People got their deposits back and there are no complaints filed with the better business bureau or [redacted]. is there anything more constructive than hard selling?

• Ph
      15th of Jan, 2014

and filing a complaint as long as it is true is not slander. sounds like these company jugheads like to jump the gun with threats of frivolous suits and fictional litigation. what kind of business does that? People have the right to complain. i havent seen any complaints that directly say that MMI is a bogus business or that their claims are not legitimate. I don'tmind listening to some hired gun try to sell me on some time share resort crap. i can show up at night listen for a couple hoursor whatever then go snowboard and not have to pay for a lodge stay. btw a stay at most lodges will cost much more than $75.00 and it's not refunded and definitely not double refunded. Maybe the snow sucks I don't know but hell it gets me out of the house and massanutten is close to luray caverns and skyline (beautiful driving). And you Bill should be ashamed at lowering yourself to the level of a retort bent on scaring people and leaning toward a threat of lawsuits. Your zeal proves guilt in some way. A company owner or ceo or manager or whatever you may or may not be should have a little class and a little faith that the truth no matter what will come out. Now please if you have a real complaint about this company be clear, concise, and candid that you might help someone like me who wants real info about this resort promotion company.

• To
      16th of Jun, 2014

I just got this same phone call, wish I would have seen this before but I will have to see for myself in a couple weeks if the resort is worth the timeshare spill. My husband warned me against going but I've never listened to a timeshare ploy as I figured what the heck, I get two free nights there, I can withstand whatever for 90 min. Can anyone tell me of the actual resort? How is the waterpark area? Rooms? Food?

• Ju
      13th of Nov, 2014

Elizabeth was married to Bill, who in fact is the brains? {not} behind Marketing Masters. Elizabeth was not fired, she found several of Bill's infidelity's in their company computer. She is still fighting for what is legally hers. Good Luck to anyone dealing with this man.
    sue sue sue- how is that working for ya!!!