Marketing Masters / Bad marketing ideas

I have the exact same complaint as others on this site. You sign up to win a prize and Marketing Masters calls you to say you're guaranteed to at least win $500. When you get your "special letter" and call, you have to go to Fredericksburg for a tour. We are writing Marketing Masters a letter and asking them never to call us again. Talk about bad marketing ideas....

Li

Comments

• La
      8th of Apr, 2009

I got the call a couple days ago, been there done that - not falling for some giveaway that drops out of the sky - as soon as the phone jockey mentioned a required income, that was enough to KNOW it was like all the others - you'll be lucky to cover your expenses for the day if you fall for the MARKETING MASTERS SCAM

have a great day!

• Ke
      29th of Jun, 2009

Well I guess u can add me to the list, I got a call saying I was guaranteed one out of four prizes. This is the second time they have called me saying that all I have to do is come their an claim my prize, but they won't get me. It seems like they haven't learn not to mess wit people hopes an dreams, they should have to pay everyone who gets these prank calls of hope. It just goes to show u that people will lie to u to get money so maybe they should have to pay for real.Then they wouldn't make empty promises...

• St
      12th of Mar, 2012

I had a similar experience. We were guaranteed one of 3 prizes: 20, 000 or 25k toward a new car, a resort package, or 500 visa. we were given a ticket number and had to travel to massanutten resort in VA to find out what we won. We were informed ahead of time about the 90 minute presentation on the resort. they also offered us a free room since we had a long commute (2 hours) and asked for 75$ deposit on the room in case of damages. The 75 along with an additional 75 would be refunded when we got there. we called back the next day to cancel the room and the 75 turned into a deposit of good faith that we would attend the presentation. we did end up getting our 150 at the end of the presentation which took over 3 hours (not 90 minutes). the experience was all an attempt to sell us a timeshare. the buying price went from 26000+ to below 5000 in the end. We met with 3 people. the gentleman who showed us around was pleasant and not pushy at all. the 2nd woman pressed on... can you afford this much, how about this much, this much with no down payment, what can you afford? finally she agreed to take us to claim our prize which was really attempt number 3 with the "straight shooter" I'm not on commission and can do you for this much. we got out of it by saying we'd like a night to think and would call back the next day. finally our prize was a resort package... which consisted on ski lift discounts, waterpark discounts, golf discounts... but no overnight stay and was basically a ploy to get us to return to the resort and spend more money. we were entered into a drawing for the grand prize of 20000. Don't fall for this. Also if you are intent on buying a timeshare know that they do NOT increase in value, do not buy for the exchange because it is much harder than they make it sound to exchange, and you can buy a massanutten timeshare directly from an owner on redweek.com for less than 2000! we also got 3 night stay as part of our prize in orlando which was worth about 300 (not sure what kind of place they hooked this up at) but has to be used in a year and check in must be sunday, monday, or tuesday. one way or the other you'll have to spend money since the stay and the resort package are at 2 different places.