Market Traders LLC / FreeDerm / They are rip-off artists!

Product Name: Freederm
Company Name: Market Traders LLC
Address: 80 Earhart Drive
Suite 9 Williamsville, NY [protected]

Purchased this cream online for $29.00. This cream is supposed to help reduce complications for eczema. I had solved my skin issue by the time I received this cream. Sent the cream back to the address from the original shipping package with order information and asked to please return.

The product was unopened. Approximately, one month later I realized I had never been reimbursed. Contacted Market Traders LLC.

They told me that there were specific “return” instructions on the purchase order confirmation. That I needed to have called and got an “approval” to send this item back. I had saved a copy of my receipt. There was absolutely nothing stating a return policy. They refused to give me my refund. I finally told the representative that I refused to spend any more time on this matter. I haven’t heard back. Warning! Don’t do business with these people. They have little “entrapment” tactics that void any “refund” policy they claim to have.

Laurel

I realized that I had also been taken by this company. I also have eczema and first tried the regular Freederm for it at $24.95 a jar plus shipping. It didn't work and since you only had 30 days from the date you ordered it to return it for a refund, about two weeks after I received it I emailed the company. Instead of returning it, they said they would send me a 'stronger' type to try for free. I asked them about the money-back guarantee if that also didn't work and they told me they would honor the original guarantee even if it was after the 30 days. Well, the new cream didn't work either. I again emailed and they sent me the instructions for returning both jars, the confirmation number, etc. that I had to write on the outside of the package, and that it must be received by May 30th and sent by registered mail. Suggesting that it might not be worth it for me to return it because they would not refund shipping either way. By now it was the principle of the thing and I followed their instructions to a tee. Sent it registered on May 24th at a cost of $16.35. I suddenly realized it was June first today and I hadn't heard from them. I traced the registered package only to find out they had refused it on May 31st (of course one day after it was due back) and it is on the way back to me. So for two jars of something that is probably only cold cream, I ended up paying approximately $53.00!!! I am positive that it didn't take 8 days for that package to be delivered. I believe that they conveniently didn't go to pick it up until after the date that it was due back to them. DO NOT do business with these people. They are rip-off artists!

Ji

Comments

• Pc
      4th of Oct, 2007

Forget "ripoff artists" FRAUD is the correct word!!
    After three separate requests for "return instructions"
    I received an Email reminding me that they would not
    refund the cost of return postage -- "so it might not be
    worthwhile to spend the money to send it back!" BUT if
    I chose to return it, (1) send it via registered mail, with
    signature delivery, (2)a copy of their Email,(3) my name-address-phone,(4)reason for return,(5)letter with
    details of the problem(for quality control purposes).
    The package must be clearly marked with the "Return
    Authorization # and my order# Cost me $10 to send it back. 10 days later was returned to me "RECEIVER DID NOT WANT, REFUSED DELIVERY!!
    Oh by the way, their Email also stated "The day we
    get it back, we will issue you a refund.
    I also was advised the pkg had to reach them no later than 9/30/2007, was mailed 9/17, date of their refusal to accept 9/24/2007. There must be some way to put these ### out of business. I have disputed the charge with Master Card, they will investigate (in the past M.C. has helped me with a
    similar situation)
    If anyone has any suggestions of how to tighten the screws on these clowns, their advice would be appreciated. If they were not located 1000 mi. away I
    would pay them a "personal visit"
    If you Google "Market Traders LLC" you will find that they are being sued on some other unrelated
    matters (stock investment fraud).

• Ka
      23rd of Dec, 2007

This is the worst rip-off ever! I could have bought a $2.00 jar of cold cream and got better results. So there's $34 (incl. shipping) I'll never see again! Karen.

• Ru
      5th of Apr, 2008

After visiting the company's website, I felt that something wasn't right like maybe the website layout or something? Then I googled Freederm and found that people have been scammed by this company that I was considering buying from!!! Thanks for the WARNING and I'm glad I didn't buy into this scam of how they treat their customers.

Ruth

• Ne
      1st of Jul, 2008

I have never had to return any product so I am sorry if that art didn't work for you... but our personal reactions to the product were amazing. I was not a believer until I used the stuff on my child. The relief was wonderful. My child that had never slept through the night because of constant scratching found releif for the first time in five years. FreeDerm was an answer to our prayers.

• Kr
      10th of Jul, 2008

My daughter is 2 years old and has suffered from severe excema her whole life. I have literally tried over 50 different products, and only a few that worked to some degree. After hearing about freederm from an aquaintance I thought we'd give it a shot (after okaying it with our pediatrician), and I was amazed at the results. You can hardly even tell she has skin problems now.Freederm may not work for everyone, as is the case with all products, but it was an absolute miracle for our daughter, and worth every penny.

• Ca
      19th of Sep, 2008

Without a doubt, I know that healing comes from God. And, Freederm was an answered prayer for my family. My daughter broke out with an awful rash at 6 months old. I went from doctor to doctor, and I tried EVERYTHING! But, to my dismay, nothing worked. One night, I searched the net for solutions to our problem. I came across the Freederm site. I was skeptical. I did not order. I mentioned this to noone. My mother, three days later, told me about an amazing product that she had found and ordered for my daughter. IT WAS FREEDERM! Thank God. IT WAS FREEDERM. I tried it. IT WORKED IMMEDIATELY!
    I am a Freederm advocate. I have shared this product with family members and friends who suffer with eczema They have all been helped.

Another amazing aspect of this product is the time frame in which they send the product. There is no 4 week wait. When you are suffering, you need help right away. It seems that Freederm understands this.

I can only speak for what happened in my baby's life. Freederm works.

11th of Nov, 2008

I have not tried the product but I would like to point out a few things.

First the website is set up exactly like many well known scams. Note the highlighted areas to draw you to the "miracles" and the "success stories" that give only a first name and a state or country. No real way to contact these people to see if they even exist.

Secondly, look up the company on the Better Business Bureau. They have a poor record. What does that tell you.

Research and think before you buy.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Matt

• Ke
      20th of Oct, 2009

CHARGE BACK
    You can contact your credit card provider, lodge a formal complaint stating that

1) the product did not work
    2) you complied with their TERMS regarding refunds
    3) they refused to refund the money
    4) YOU MUST KEEP ALL POSTAL and SALES RECEIPTS

Tell the CC company or bank that you want to do a CHARGE BACK on the FREEDERM company since you did not get what you ordered and they did not comply with their own refund policy. They may have their own "in-house" name for charge backs, so ASK what it is and ensure that they understand your request.

THE COMPANY will also get fined PER CHARGE BACK, the more charge backs, the more fines, up to $500 USD per chargeback.

You also need to lodge a written complaint to the www.FTC.GOV and the http://www.bbb.org/

If you want to beat this company, you must take time to do so or they win.

Good Luck
    Lynton K

• Ss
      17th of Dec, 2009

I have used FreeDermHC for 6 years since 2003. Before 2003, I suffered for many years without an answer and tried everything from prescribed and unprescribed.

I used 2 jars in 2003, and then about a jar a year until today. My eczema goes away and comes back. But FreeDermHC really helps stopping it. I like it very much. One of my 3 kids has the same problem and gets the same help from this product. I am a Chinese and have absolutely no relationship with this company.

One may blame their refund practice, but the product. A material product cannot stand long if it is purely a scam. The worst is that the FreeDermHC works to some people, but not others? But based on my experience, I would say that if you consistently use it for a while, it should work.

In this world, it is very hard to find a right product for you in the internet. When some people say something good, there are some other people say it is bad. The people involved could be the scam participants, or the competitors who wants to attack. You cannot really tell who are the real honest consumers.

SS8362, a male of 48.

• La
      2nd of Aug, 2010

I WAS going to buy this Freederm HC but after reading this I don't think I will bother. I live in the UK and would probably never see my money again if I had to use their 'return' I wouldn't stand a chance. Also when I was thinking of buying it the site kept telling me to put in 'Promo 10' for a 10% reduction but it wouldn't work (probably their way of making you give up on the 10%) Thanks for this advise anyway, I'm probably stuck with the excema

• Ct
      9th of Sep, 2010

Never had a problem with Freederm.

• Bo
      24th of Mar, 2011

nice greetings from Slovenia - the EU I ask you reply me if you send the cream in Europe and how I was I get to Slovenia and we need urgently to be paid. thanks for the reply! E-maill boro.perin@gmail.com

• Bo
      24th of Mar, 2011

nice greetings from Slovenia - the EU ask you reply me if you send the cream in Europe and how I was I get to Slovenia and we need urgently to be paid. thanks for the reply!

27th of Dec, 2012

I'm from the UK and have ordered freederm a few times.

My skin was battered and effecting my everyday life and so I gave up with trying to get anywhere with doctors they just offered steroid cream one every 3 months. I found freederms website and agree it looks like a complete scam (I'm now a web designer by profession and have never designed anything so bad). But I was so desperate I had to give it a try. My skin was so bad I had to wear gloves while I slept else I would wake up with no skin left on my hands. About 3 days after using the cream I was back to normal. I don't know whats in the cream so I expect it is something I can't get over here for legal reasons, but it's made a massive difference to my life and there has been no side effects so i'm more than happy.