Mark Motors Ottawa / Lousy workmanship and service

1 Montreal RoadOttawa, Ontario, Canada Review updated:

Monopoly business of Audis.
Becareful dont buy here.

Sent car to Mark Motor for timing belt replacements and ended up with severe oil leaks from bottom of engine.

Brought back to dealers because after oil change by independent mechanic, told to bring back to dealer because of the oil leak which was not there before the timing belt replacement .

But told by officious Mark Motor service manager after a cursory look down the hood (Audi is completely covered up inside hood) that HE is the Audi authority in Ottawa and there is no leaks when he says so!

He did not even bother to squat to have a look under the car!!!

Complained to Owner - Michael - told to bring car back and the feed back was there was leaking from every seal including the oil cap seal...(this apparently from a cursory look because I spilled oil around when refilling!)

Another $90 charged for diagnosis!

Dont be fools just becareful and be wise,

I now got a Lexus LS460, they even reimburse my new cell because it did not paired with my car!!!

Boy I really regretted that i did not buy a Japanese car all these years because of my political anger with Japan!

Lc

Comments

26th of May, 2009

This is consistent with my experience. I met with Michael Mrak personally before buying a used Porsche 944S September 1998. He checked the record and said there was a minor repair to the rear wheels but that otherwise the car was fine. Partly based on this I bought the car.

I later got a copy of Work Order #58204 which showed there was a compression problem. I never would have bought it if he had told me this.

I made an appointment to have the air conditioner repaired. It took them six weeks to do it.

I got them to do a compression and leak-down test. When they had done it for the previous owner it took only 2 hours but when it was done for me they charged six hours. They also round all hours up to the next full hour.

The radio had been stolen and I reported this when I picked up the car. They wouldn't replace it and Michael told me to claim it on my insurance.

I met with Michael Mrak and Brendan J Lynch from Porsche Canada in Mississauga. When I asked Michael, in the presence of Brendan why it took six weeks to get the air conditioner fixed when I had made an appointment he said "Maybe we thought you didn't need it, you had two cars."

Porsche North America believes this to be between the dealer and I and won't get involved. I wish I had hired a lawyer at the time, but my circumstances prevented it.

I was a member of the Porsche Club in Ottawa after I bought the car. Mark Motors is not well thought of. It was started by Michael's father and apparently the skills have skipped a generation.

Oh, well.

John MacMillan
    john061048@hotmail.com

• Ro
      11th of Jul, 2009

Porsche Cars of North America should really downsize their dealer network by one. Removing these useless ###s would show that Porsche actually care about their "brand reputation ."

The only reason anyone uses Mark Motors of Ottawa service's, are because they have to! Monopoly's are a very, very bad things! I'll be driving to Montreal or Toronto for service from now on. If you reside in Ottawa or the surrounding areas just "take a pass" on these clowns. Their service is as bad as is their sales.

I guess once a Vanier crack whore, always a Vanier crack whore ... The best you would get from these dumb ### is a stolen car stereo or nasty rash ...

• Sp
      13th of Jul, 2009

I have a 2001 Porsche 911 T, and I have been servicing the vehicle at Mark Motors of Ottawa since new. I have also dealt with other Porsche dealers because of the word of mouth about Mark Motors. You know what?...They're probably the "BEST" that I've dealt with!! The new Service Manager went to bat for me, and Porsche actually paid for a new engine, even when I was well out of warranty.

I see people everyday complain about their Doctors, Dentists, Accountants, Attorneys, etc...and you know what? It's part of life, no one is perfect...but you still have to go and see these people & pay them even though they charge $200-$1000 per hour to tell you, in all honesty either the wrong information/diagnosis or advice...but no one complains about it like some people do about their cars.

So in closing...if you can't afford to drive and maintain a Premium vehicle as per the Manufactures guidelines, stop complaining and ### OFF!!

• Gl
      14th of Jul, 2009

Hahhaha ROFL, the comment by speedy911T in defence of Mark Motors of Ottawa, is from an employee from Mark Motors of Ottawa!!! Check the IP address.

The fact stands that this employee obviously feels it is Mark Motors right to extort money from Mark Motors clients ... After all, these little trolls have a natural right to charge a penalty for you having the audacity in owning a premium vehicle in Ottawa, don't they? You have to go over their "toll bridge ... " you have to pay their trolls!

So because OBVIOUSLY, if you own an Audi or a Porsche vehicle, by this persons statement you must be a

QUOTE: "Doctors, Dentists, Accountants, Attorneys, etc...and you know what? It's part of life, no one is perfect...but you still have to go and see these people & pay them even though they charge $200-$1000 per hour to tell you, in all honesty either the wrong information/diagnosis or advice...but no one complains about it like some people do about their cars.So in closing...if you can't afford to drive and maintain a Premium vehicle as per the Manufactures guidelines, stop complaining and ### OFF!"

^^^The above statement shows a disdain and innate hatred of anyone who can actually afford these vehicles ... So why shouldn't Mark Motors rape them for a little extra cash?

No Mark Motors has no interest in honouring the fine reputation of these elite European automobile manufacture's ... None, so they penalise your wallet and blame you for having the financial success in owning your vehicle.

• En
      2nd of Mar, 2010

Just wanted to add another complaint:

We brought our Audi A4 in to have the wiper motor replaced, and when my wife picked it up she noticed a 4-5" crack in the windshield right where the driver's side wiper motor is, which was DEFINITELY not there before their "repair" job. When we called the service center to report it, the woman told us that she had noted the crack on the repair log as pre-existing; how the HELL did she think we'd have missed a huge crack on the windshield, especially when it just MAGICALLY appeared right where they were working?

Terrible customer service, avoid these bums like the plague.

• Io
      13th of Apr, 2011

I bought my first A4 from them, and due to the bad service I received there, I bought a second A4 from Montreal. When they found out about that, the service got even worse.
    They are extremely rude, they lack professionalism and basic manners.
    For the current A4 that we have, and bought in Montreal, unfortunately we continued to service it at this dealership in Ottawa. But no more, we'll go to Montreal for services from now on. On the last service we had done a couple of days ago, and changed the winter to summer tires, they did the courtesy wash of the exterior of the car, but when we picked it up, the car has been left wet outside, and due to the wind and dust it was dirtier than when we dropped it off that morning. The windows had spots of dust all over. Also, they washed the mat only on the front passenger seat (?), and put it back soaking wet in the car. I called Bernie at the Services, and when I told him about it, he raised his voice at me and told me that " he cannot control the weather/wind outside and he was tired of complaints on courtesy washes, and he was going to put a note on my file so that it would never be washed again in the future as part of service". Now, if that is all they know about customer service...what goes around comes around.

• Ar
      21st of Dec, 2011

I too have negative feelings towards Marks Motors of Ottawa. I bring my car to Audi dealerships because I expect exceptional service. Not only did their driver crash my car but on top of it they initially refused to repair it. Their service employee admitted they had crashed it but the service manager refused to talk to me. After a lengthy heated conversation with Michael Mrak (owner), he agreed to have it further inspected but would not assume any fault for the damage. Can't describe the frustration.

• Ca
      21st of Apr, 2013

If you want your porsche serviced courteously, professionally and priced right, try Syracuse. I find them very resonable and they go out of there way to make sure your satisfied. I have a 09, 911 C4S convertible.

Steve
    Kingston, Ontario

• Ot
      13th of Feb, 2014

Like most monopolies (Hydro One) Mark Motors has become fat, complacent, second-rate, simply because they can. If people want to buy an Audi, then there is only one dealer. That is why a disproportionate number of successful Ottawa doctors, lawyers and accountants (who Mark Motors obviously disdains) choose BMW over Audi. Since there is more than one dealer, there is competition and they are on their toes, ready to please with service.

• Ot
      29th of Apr, 2014

Recently purchased an audi at hunt club location. Service so far is very unprofessional and lacking. Wish there were options in ottawa.

• Do
      25th of Apr, 2015

I just came across this forum, and am completely surprised at all of the negative reviews. My family and I have been dealing with Mark Motors since the mid 1990's, and have never once had a bad experience. Over the years we have purchased both Audi's and Porsches and have always received excellent service from all employees.

Having dealt with Michael Mrak personally over the years, he has always impressed me with his work ethic. Unlike the majority of other car dealerships owners, Michael can usually be found in one of his stores overseeing the day to day operations. In my opinion too many owners will allow their GM to handle the day to day activities and only become involved if a problem arises.

Although I am in the minority in this forum, I am completely satisfied with my past experiences at Mark Motors and look forward to future dealings with them.

Disclosure: I am not a employee of Mark Motors (as one poster suggested to another above with a positive review), just a satisfied customer

Mike Dodge
    Brockville

24th of Aug, 2015

This is the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. Bad service after bad service, I think I will just sell the SQ5 and go to a different brand where they know how to treat customers. First off it takes weeks just to get an appointment. The car is never ready at the time it was promised so you are left waiting for hours. Recently, there was a recall on the car, it was just a code upgrade. I pre-booked the appointment and told them I would wait for the car. I was given a specific time to come in. When I arrived, they didn't print out the paperwork so there was no mechanic assigned. Had to wait for someone to become free. After 2 hours of waiting, I was told their servers were down and they couldn't do the upgrade and I had to come back another time. This is the last time I deal with Mark Motors of Ottawa, they are a bunch of jokers who don't know the first thing about customer service. We have the power, stop buying cars from them, stop servicing your cars there. Use third party mechanics for general service, we have many good ones in Ottawa that specialize on Audi or go to Montreal for warranty work. Drive them out of business if they are not going take care of their clients. I am going to sell mine and go to a different brand, this one shop monopoly has to stop.