Marine Vacations / Rip off

I would like to know the persons email with the complaint about Grand Getaways. How they have resolved their problem. My husband and I Purchased the membership April 2006 in the Virgin islands They were so nice and telling us what we would receive for the rest of our life and leave to our children when we were gone. It sounded good but when we got home We received one blue folder but only a temporarily membership number our other stuff was on back order we still have not received anything. we have not used it because I cant get anybody to help us I called the credit card co. Coast to coast and they told me I was liable for the charges Scott Whittle wrote them an impressive letter but he has yet to help us. And let me know how your membership is working out or we need to file a lawsuit against them we paid $6, 599 for our membership and nothing to show for it. They are a ripoff please contact me so we can help each other thank you so much.

Fi

Comments

• De
      17th of Feb, 2011

I myself went to domican republic just last year.I signed up for the great vacation offers too.5 thousand $$$ and nothing to show for it.When we got home i started to read things on the enternet about the grandgetaways being a scam.I have tried a many a times to call them and i never get anybody to answer my question.I cancelled my credit card so they could take any more money.They keep calling and bugging us for the rest of the $$$$.I wish i would of just walked away.More and more i read nobdy ever gets there $$$$ back.

• Gr
      31st of Jul, 2011

We apologize for the experiences you describe. We would love the opportunity to speak with you. We do stand by our promises and pride ourselves on providing the best value to our members. Please call us so that we may work with you to resolve these issues to your satisfaction. Contact our Quality Assurance Team directly at 888-269-0182.

• Me
      2nd of Nov, 2011

They say they're not trying to sell you anything and then they try to trick you into stating that you agree to buy the membership, even though you never once agreed to it. They try to railroad you. (This is all via phone call, I have never attended a presentation, and, after reading all the comments all over the internet, am glad for that.) I was called by a representative a couple of weeks ago who kept saying "I'm not trying to sell you anything, " (which was definitely part of the script) yet she tried to sell me something the whole time and then tried to smoothly trick me into agreeing to pay $249 on the spot. When I said I needed to talk it over with my other half, she put her supervisor on the line, and he told me the exact same things, nearly word for word, as she had. Neither one was willing to let me off the call without agreeing to pay right then and there. I finally managed to get off the phone (WITHOUT giving them my money), but immediately after the call I had SEVEN EMAILS (all identical) from the representative and have received 3-4 (also all identical) more every single day since. I did give them my email address and was fine with giving that out, but expected I would receive one email. All of the emails are exactly the same, furthermore, they never once mention in the emails the airline tickets they said they would be sending me, and they quote me a $100 higher price than they had quoted on the phone.